Reviews for Gnawing at the Roots
Michelle Mason chapter 3 . 4/12/2010
Thank you very much for picking this story back up! I enjoyed this chapter and cannot wait to know how you interpret how Egwene saves the tower. Enjoy the Gathering Storm but make sure you outline how you want this fic to end before you finish it! *wink wink*
Amyrlin Egwene chapter 3 . 4/2/2010
This chapter emphasizes how different our time is from the one Egwene and the others live in. I think Lianne will do fine as a spy. She's clever, quick on her feet, and she's good at convincing people of whatever she wants them to believe. Getting the woman to sell her the dress off her own back, for example.

I hope the new reds are nicer than Katerine. I never liked how she went about slapping Egwene. She may not have been Aes Sedai in her eyes, but she was still an iniciate of the tower, and a full grown woman at that.

I wonder, was the other red a black sister too? Really. The tower seems more like a gossip mill than a place where Aes Sedai live. Elaida has brought ruin! Let's hope Egwene and her allies can fix it. Being selective of how much truth you tell is important. Telling the novices and accepted that black ajah exists would only serve to frighten them and bring about more rumors.

Thanks for the update! Enjoy your review!
Michelle Mason chapter 2 . 10/10/2009
Amazing! The glimpses into Egwene's work inside the Tower were some of my favorite parts of KoD! You definitely have me hooked!
Arcano chapter 2 . 9/18/2009
Hi, LGCoffeeAddict:

I've read your story and it's very good. I like it very much. I know The Gatherin Storm is nera to be publicated but, please, continue your fic. Thanks for weitting. See you.

Arcano
luke chapter 2 . 7/16/2009
hey just read both chapters, you have a really great writing style. Keep it up!
Ninrien chapter 2 . 5/28/2009
awesome, it was seriously great and i love the way you write Egwene, you bring out her character very do update soon.
Ninrien chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
that was awesome, loved the way you wrote it but i thought that there were nowhere near 100 novices in the tower but i guess i'll just have to read knife of dreams properly.
Amyrlin Egwene chapter 2 . 5/25/2009
Ahh, that was a good idea. So she deceived the hunters by "playing dead". I understand Leanne going undercover, but how will this serve Egwene's purposes? Is this done mostly to keep Leanne safe?

Exactly what mission couuld have been so important in regards to Leanne that the former black risked her life to deliver it? Isn't Elza Penfell with Rand right now? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe she's one of the five who trails him. Last time we saw her, she was accompanying him to his meeting with the "Daughter of The Nine Moons".

Is this message Temmail was given for Elza, or Elayne. How did she get their? Is this the first time she has tried spying on them? How much does she know? Why was her dream ter'angreal not taken? I'm assuming it is one that doesn't require the power, or she'd have been gone from Tel'aran'rhiod after Egwene stilled her.
Amyrlin Egwene chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
You know, Beonin always pissed me off. I know her betrayal gave Egwene a good opportunity to infultrate the tower, but still. It's only fair that she help with Egwene's mission. If you ask me, she got off lightly. What do you suppose Elaida, Siuan, or any other Amyrlin would have done to such a person? This is the smart thing to do. If you know who the informants for the other party are, use them to spoonfeed your enemy what ever you want them to know. I believe Elayne said that about spies in the palace.

Oh, that was a terrible last sceen! But I'll say, you got me interested. It seems that a killer is in the tower, but what was his/her motive? Could it have been Mesaana, or one of the other blacks? What could killing those sisters have gained them? And if the lock was undisturbed, how could they have known Leanne had killed herself. And why would she do it? Was there a secret she knew that they threatened to torture out of her?
Winterrose chapter 2 . 5/20/2009
Very good. I assume that you'll make sure Egwene runs into the Black Ajah hunters amount the Sitters? I can't imagine a faster path to the Amyrlin Seat than if they find out that Egwene has been hunting the Blacks as well, and will condone their methods (that were probably illegal) in order to destroy the Black Ajah. At this point, even Pevara doesn't think that she can trust Eliada.

How did Temaile appear in Tel'aran'rhiod though? She isn't a Dreamwalker, and I would think that Elayne would have had her searched for ter'angreal. After all, the Blacks forgot to search Egwene for one and Elayne knows how that turned out for them.

I guess that I'll just assume that Temaile swallowed a ter'angreal that did not require channeling.

j0k3 chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
I mailed the mail from the Author alert to my mother who doesn't have an account here, and she asked me to reply and ask you to keep on going, to tell you that she thought it was a good job and asked me to mail when I got a new email from this fic

Since I havend read this (or Wheel of Time for all that matters) I can't tell you what i thought but my mom can't wait for more