Reviews for Follow the Phoenix
wrappedinharry chapter 38 . 3/31
I absolutely loved this story. Not only are you a very clever lady—your plot was amazing, especially the revelations by Harry in the last chapter—but you are also a very funny lady. Honestly, I read your disclaimers and your notes almost as assiduously as I read the story. To actually come up with a different disclaimer for every chapter is nothing short of amazing.

I loved the Dumbledore and Harry dynamic, and Harry and Ginny. Will they really get married? I hope so. Then Harry can remove that nasty chastity charm.

The Polyjuice conundrum was just so clever. You had me stumped, and I am quite good at solving mysteries before the final denouement. As far as the sweet went, I just thought Dumbledore hadn't eaten it. I was a bit disappointed that Severus wasn't a little more upset, or concerned that Dumbledore had indeed met his demise. And Harry did Draco so well.

Oh yeah, can't believe Draco is dead!

And I love this powerful, thinking, and loving Harry. Also an obviously loving Dumbledore. I hate that Abe really seems to hate him. Is the Arianna history still relevant? I know you said you had to change the history because you Dumbledore isn't gay; but did he try to plot with Grindelwald as a friend to enslave the Muggles (for their own protection) and then get into a fight with Abe that led to Arianna's death. I hope not.

Anyway, I'm so glad to have a sequel to plough straight into.

Well done! :)
wrappedinharry chapter 31 . 3/30
This story is absolutely brilliant. I find your notes to be an amusing addition; even your disclaimers are hilarious.

But as for this chapter: you said in your notes that people would think Harry and Ginny got off too lightly. I don't think so; I think the whole thing has been blown totally out of proportion. Flitwick and McGonagall's reactions to the 'crime' in particular is so OTT As to be comical and ridiculous. It would seem that in all the years the pair have taught in a co-educational boarding school where rampant hormones would be trying to assert themselves all the time, they have never once come across a pair of illicit lovers in the throes of passion (and H&G's throes were over anyway).

If students' parents were called up to the school every time a pair of lovers Were discovered, then there would be a constant stream of parents lining up in front of the gargoyle waiting to see the headmaster and the head of (whichever) house.

The whole thing was crazy.

Still, it made excellent reading.
wrappedinharry chapter 15 . 3/22
Hmm, very intriguing. You've left us with quite a conundrum, trying to think who the second attacker is. Was it someone disguising his/her voice, or does the person really sound like that? Poor Harry; he really is in the wars. I hope his self defence skills improve sooner rather than later, or he will be dead before too much longer.

Thanks for your review reply. It is great to get reviews and it is equally great to get replies from the author. :)

Lesley
wrappedinharry chapter 11 . 3/21
Wouldn't Harry need a grade in potions to get into Auror training? What's the point of doing a whole years work with nothing to show for it at the end?

And as far as Arithmancy goes: I realise he is going to do accelerated course—3 years work in 2—but Hermione has already done 3 years of work, so surely Harry will have to do 5 years of work by the time he eventually sits his NEWT.

And I get the Gilligan's Island reference.
Hmm chapter 1 . 2/23
Just some advice, don't start a fanfic with a long letter from Hermione and then hope we don't give up on the story after the first chapter. I will straight up jump the first two chapters and see if it gets better. It seems pretty obvious to me that the first chapter of a story should be indicative of the rest of the fic, so make it engaging so you can actually convince people to continue.
Hm, Hermione and Terry Boot, huh? Wonder if that's just one of those youthful flings, or if it'll wind up as a serious endgame relationship. In case of the latter, I find that I'm already trying to figure out who Ron would end up with (and YAAY he is back in the fold).

...of course, Ron doesn't really have that many established alternate ships, does he? I mean, there's crack(ish)-pairings like Ron x Pansy and Ron x Luna, but nothing with followings on the level of Dramione or Harmony. And the only vaguely canon alternative for Ron (Lavender) has pretty clearly been jossed in this fic...

When I think about it, it's kinda sad that Romione is really the only Ron ship with any significant following. I mean, it's *canon*, and admittedly something of an OTP for me, but still. While fandom gives Hermione and Harry plenty of alternative pairing choices, Ron pretty much either winds up with Hermione, or is completely ignored. ORRRR he's bashed all to hell, but it's quite clear to me that you're not THAT sort of writer (for which I am very grateful).

And it probably says something about my priorities that my main concern is trying to figure out who my favorite character will wind up with in this fic. I basically use any opportunity that I can to rant about the fandoms treatment of poor Ronniekins, don't I? Hahah...

TTFN!
EvilFuzzy9 chapter 32 . 2/17
It's said to see Ron and Harry drifting apart in this fic. I'd like to hope the two of them manage to repair their friendship, especially since this has been a damn nice story overall, and it always makes me a little said to see Ron pushed - rightly or wrongly - into antagonistic or unsympathetic positions in fics.

Not to say that that's what happened to him in THIS fic, per se, and I understand perfectly that people drift apart in real life... buuuut I've also noticed that there were a couple of times where it felt almost like wherever there's been a point where a disagreement could emerge between the friends, he's been the one to wind up the one "in the wrong". Which, I will admit, is not exactly unfounded as far as canon precedent, but it is a little glaring to me when none of the other nuclear cast do similar things.

It's a good story, but the falling out between Harry and Ron has me disappointed (and sincerely hopeful that they resolve their differences before the end), particularly since none of the other friend characters (Ginny, Hermione, Neville) have been similarly tetchy so far. Neville I can buy, because he's just that nice of a guy, but The Girls both have their share of a nasty streak in the books. And while I suppose Ginny's relationship with Harry might mellow out her more spiteful tendencies, it's still a little disappointing to me how many fic writers latch onto Ron's character flaws while completely glossing over Hermione's nastier moments and treating her like the perfect infallible friend.

NOT THAT YOU'RE DOING THAT. At last, not gratuitously or obnoxiously. Compared to a good number of stories I've come across or heard of, your handling of the characters is decent and fair. Aaannnnnd the sympathetic Dumbledore portrayal earns MAJOR bonus points for this fic, because that has become so rare post-DH. Even if the story *is* like 5 years old.

Since Ron isn't outright bashed or vilified in this fic, but rather treated as a flawed but human character (plus he's also played probably the smallest role of the Trio, which has minimized my peeves), I've been able to enjoy it thus far. Hopefully I'll be able to continue to enjoy it, and hopefully Ron and Harry manage to mend their friendship.

And hopefully someday a certain annoyingly vocal portion of the fandom will deign to treat poor Ron with a modicum of respect, so that I do not have to feel so defensive about my favorite character in this series. But right now I think I'll look for something Ron-centric to cheer me up. That or go to sleep, since I have to be at the courthouse for jury duty at 8:30.

I suppose I can blame part of this rant on irritation at having to do as such the very day after having four teeth pulled, and only just FINALLY having regained most of the feeling in my lower lip. That and simple drowsiness.

I am paradoxically verbose at the damnedest of times when drowsy.

TTFN!
EvilFuzzy9 chapter 15 . 2/15
o.O

Who the heck would RON be writing to?
I know this story is marked as finished and all but seriously a 16 year old not only willing going along w that chastity charm but SUGGESTING It? And then u have the gall to think the thing we'd complain abt is his giving up old albus as his guardian well ok I guess just let it be know I find this extremely unrealistic and yes this is w me taking in extenuating circumstances w Harry not being a "normal" teen
Quidditch73 chapter 38 . 8/6/2014
I liked this story-with one exception, it was just what I needed to read. I was truly well and tired of reading about Evil!Dumbledore and Devious!Harry and Harmione. This was near perfect. (Did you have to kill of Draco?) Thanks!
00-GallagherGirl chapter 38 . 7/31/2014
You did fantastic work with this story. It is really hard to find a good story that manages to keep the characters acting like they do in the books, but I thought you did a marvelous job with almost everyone. The only exception was Ron. He was good in the beginning, but fell out of character after only a few chapters of the story. However, he seemed to be back on track at the end, and I hope to see that continue in the sequel.
I was very impressed with you portrayal of the rest of the characters, most notably Hermione, Ginny, Snape, and Dumbledore. Authors are rarely able to capture them as well as you did. You were able to keep them in character and didn't exaggerate and over emphasize all of their character traits. That is a common theme in many stories and often makes the characters unbearable. I was also impressed with how well Harry was written, as many make him overly temperamental and moody. You did a great job of portraying his inner turmoil, and having him cope with those feelings in a way that wasn't overbearing yet still obviously affected him. I loved the way you interweaved the everyday teenage problems into his life as well.
All in all, great story. I had a pleasure reading it.
Alisha chapter 2 . 6/6/2014
Reading Anything Muggle Is OOC Of Voldemort, I'm Not Sure Because Of That And Draco With The Duck If This Is Supposed To Be Humor
RebeccaRoy chapter 38 . 5/8/2014
Very cool, great way to end the year!
RebeccaRoy chapter 36 . 5/8/2014
Wow, that was a different battle for sure.
RebeccaRoy chapter 33 . 5/8/2014
Very cool, glad to see that Dumbledore trusts Harry here!