Reviews for Illusions of Happiness
ObsessedwReading chapter 1 . 3/26
Awesome chapter and fanfiction.
eternal mist chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
cool!
Kervain chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
... wow... this was... I actually liked the finale, but this... this is now canon as far as I'm concerned. I will firmly ignore any future episode that would imply otherwise.
ValaMagic chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
I couldn't even get to the end of this simply because of all the spelling and grammar mistakes, not just in the actual words but also names. If you're going to write about somebody else's characters at least make sure you spell their names right. It doesn't take much effort to look up the spelling of Bones characters on google.
Josie Belle Barnstormer chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Copyright, not copywrite.

Holmes makes a clever attempt of trying to makes sense of the season-ending episode of Bones. She demonstrates lots of knowledge of the series to satisfy the rabid Bonesians and enough plot tension to keep the less knowledgeable reading to the very end.

And there lies the reward for both the Bonesians and the slugs who just like to follow the series' easy comedy and simple plots. By making Zach a victim of the inquisitive Sweets and an obsessive writer of Bonesian fanfiction, Holmes brings the story to a more interesting conclusion than did the screenwriters of the series as they wrapped up the season.
Humerus Wordage chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Wow, it's a little angsty but I rather like this explanation for the finale. I can see Zach writing it; in fact it almost makes more sense than Brennan writing it.

I particularly like how you explained the characterization-the half-changed main characters and the completely recreated versions of Brennan's assistants.

The part about Zach writing himself out makes sense (funny I never noticed that when I was watching the episode). Technically a Mary-sue/Gary-stu is just a way too perfect character, and writing yourself in is a self-insert, but the two often coincide.
Makai Goddess Ookami chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
God, that was such a terrible season finale. I don't know what the creators were thinking... Still, I do enjoy this fic. Anything with Zack IC is good in my books, and his explaining of fanfiction makes my heart happy.

Keep up the good work.

MGO
Lizardgirl7 chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
I liked this angle on the season finale. Very different, having zach write the story, but good
Cassiopeia823 chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
Oh... The ending makes it kinda depressing. But you gave me the illusion of happiness in the middle.
rocks and glass chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
It's an interesting idea. I don't agree with you on the quality of the season finale, so obviously I don't agree with what you've written, but that is a difference in opinions rather than a fair reflection of this story.

I think that this is an interesting take on the finale, and not an approach I've seen yet. I like the idea of it, and you've done a good job of writing it. Your technical writing is good, and you've done a decent job of portraying the characters. Again, I don't agree with the portrayal, but that's just me disagreeing with the story. For the idea of it, the characters are good, and they do feel as if they are still themselves.