Reviews for Ham and Swiss on Rye
Guest chapter 1 . 12/6/2015
Love t as usual with you stories
Crumby chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
Enjoyed this story.
s-david-m chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
Chuck would definitely try for the big gesture.
Nick CHARAH chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Wow I really misinterpreted the precontext behind this story. But before I get into that I'll just say this story was hilarious and I loved it. You did a great job writing in first person.

Okay, reading the first half of this story infeslly though chuck and Sarah were still just a cover and at the lunch one thing was going to lead to another, and the would end up kissing and having sex in their room. The path you went where they were practically already in a relationship and having Chuck propose was most unexpected, and I guess in a way that's a good thing, but in another sense I think those stories which have Chuck break down all of Sarah's walls and finally a romantic moment occur between the two have a better impact. So in my opinion that mightve been the path I wouldve preferred your story to go down.

But as I said before I loved the story, very funny. Good job.

Nick
coreymon77 chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
oh, my, god! That was incredible timewalker! What a story and what an ending! I loved these food related one-shots. Please do more!
chucksara4ever chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
Had some geuine LOL lines particularly the poutproof underwear wonderful. I thought the characters were honest to the show. Everyone can see how much Sarah loves Chuck and if he can come up with a good propsoal like yours was I can see that she would give in and say yes. Have really enjoyed reading your menu of work but agree with another reviewer that we need some dessert oh and a midnight snack.
wassupchuck chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
thanks great story, it helps keep me sane till chuck returns. keep up the great writing.
Viktorija chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
It was cute:)
Baylink chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
Wow.

Didn't really see *that* coming. :-)

It's Barstow, and I had a little trouble with "By gosh", and there were a couple of other typos and missing words along the way...

but not bad. I'm a big Spenser fan, and it never really occurred to me that this show *wasn't* first person, explicitly, until I read this.

Your characterization started out a touch rough, for my taste - though I can't point to any specific items (except maybe the "neat" picnic basket), but it settled down to what I'd expect about a third of the way in, and held steady.

I don't know that I'd think you'd built a firm enough foundation for her to say yes, for anything longer than a one-shot, but it works for this, quite nicely.
Fire From Above chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Whoa, everything just seemed to happen at once for Chuck.
jagged1 chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
'Stream-of-consciousness-babbling Chuck' is one of my favorites; so funny! Hmm, after reading that, I either want a ham sandwich, or book a trip - sounds fabulous! Thanks!
Owl Emporium chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
Ahahaha, I loved that; it was great! Good job. It was pretty sweet. (:

Angelica
Jimmy-J105 chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
Very nice. I loved this story. Thanks for writing it.
Lucy Stephens chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
Fantastic. That's exactly how I would imagine Chuck's thoughts to go - very random.

LL
MySoapBox chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
TW, your writing is getting better and better. I was amazed when I first read your writing and I still marvel with every story that we exchange how clean your writing initially come out. It is a talent that I'm jealous of. I work so hard puzzling my words together and you just vomit prose out onto the page (yeah, not a pretty analogy - sorry).

I loved Ellie in this story. I actually felt a bit sad reading the first half of this story because I've never had an Ellie in my life, though I've wished and wished for one. Though your Chuck complained about her, it was clear that he really appreciated her too.

There were a few lines that Chuck thought to himself that I thought were really funny. It was the poutproof underwear line that made me laugh out loud. While Chuck's voice didn't sound quite right to me at first, it settled in as the story went along. Maybe it was just me.

The moment with Sarah was sweet and romantic. Thanks for making things romantic w/o going over the edge of decency. I appreciate that about your writing as well.

I think I'll make ham for dinner.