Reviews for The Corner of First and Amistad
steph-mcmahon-fan chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Okay, this was very well written, and thank God that the monitor beeped again, because otherwise I would be crying my eyes out right now. If Steph ever died in real life, I would more than likely have a panic attack and a nervous breakdown all at once, but I did love this fic. It reminded me of a story that I read from my favorite author DCFANATIC4LIFE awhile ago. Great job.
StephanieIrvine chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Ugh, that was heartbreaking - thank god it beeped at the end. Steph can't ever die, I'd cry too much. Nicely written as well. Thanks for sharing -)
DCFanatic4life chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
This had a very "Someday" vibe to it when Stephanie had her throat slashed and Chris was by her side. It was an extremely poignant story and I liked the interjections of the flashback. It was such a contrast to what was going on in the present. Chris was like slowly descending into despair and it was coupled with these happier times and then suddenly it all converged when Stephanie was shot. I really liked the part about some fan taking it too far and thinking his character was really how he was. That's such a scary thought, someone taking these characters for absolute real and if that was the motive, that is terrible.

I was so worried for Stephanie. The line where Chris said they had so much yet to do was heartbreaking, especially how they hadn't started a family yet. There was too much they had left to do but Chris was down to moments, seconds, and it was tearing him apart. The ending was so tense and he just wanted her to live, but it wasn't up to him and he knew it. When the heart monitor beeped, I was so relieved that she was going to be okay. He needs her, that's pretty obvious. I really enjoyed the story, it was a great, little piece and hopefully got any "Stephanie gets shot" scenarios out of your mind so you don't include that in any other stories you might have. ;) Great job. :)
TakerTakeMe chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
I love that song, like really love that song. It's genius. I could listen to it on repeat all day and never get tired of humming along, that's how much I like it.

This story was like mega sad. Like...I can't believe some random guy would just shoot Stephanie like that. What is WRONG with the people in this world today? Was the guy really just a random guy or was it someone they knew?

The last line gave me hope )

Great job. Sorry my review's a little short, I'm on the way to another fun-filled day at the good ol' J-O-B!

~J
A. Synn chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
Wow.

That was...wow. Incredible. So well written and I just loved it.