Reviews for The Maxwell Prodigy
Kittens Kat chapter 31 . 8/14/2014
THIS IS A GOOD STORY! THANK YOU!
beautiful-surreal chapter 31 . 4/23/2011
Onna. You write life. It's kind of depressing. Especially seeing how you killed off all of the pilots except for Duo. Probably. There's no escapism here, and you leave us on tenterhooks, which I know was what you were going for.

At least in your other story- the one where Duo was a Death Mage- you kept them alive. There is no way you couldn't have written that story as well. You used all the same characters. Same character traits and everything. I like how you use your characters as actors. I actually copied and pasted that () line where Heero, Relena and that Tusbarov or who ever he was all broke the third wall, and showed it to my actor brother across skype. I believe he smiled.

Trowa was my favorite character in this one. I wonder what would've happened if he had met Quatre in this story? The way he died honestly reminded me of Orgin: Spirits of the Past. I wonder if you've seen it?

To be honest, reading this story... made me feel incredibly tired. Like I've been washed out until I've been worn down to the last threads. Like I've been working out until I can't move anymore, except without the happy glow. You certainly don't pull your punches. This long, long trilogy has left me feeling very beat up and tired. And sad and relatively depressed.

Though this story is the kind that I have to tell myself 'keep reading so you know what happens. Don't want to give yourself nightmares with might-have-beens.'

I was sad Heero had to die, but that was basically when I realized that you were writing life and that I couldn't escape into this story like I could, can and do with so many others. There's no light at the end of the tunnel here. It's just like... 'oh... good... it's over now... now I can rest and recuperate...' It's truly exhausting.

One thing I would like to see though, is a story about Trowa's tree, after everything's over. I know you mentioned it killing people that were trying to destroy it, but what about the people who took a liking to Trowa's tree, were kind to it and tried to live with it? Perch homes up in his branches or something? Cathy finding solitude with Trowa's tree? I imagine that it could retain some parts of his personality if it can kill people. I reckon that if it's consious enough to kill, it's consious enough to love.

...

I can't even say that's sappy. Sorry.

Overall, you're an amazing, fantastic writer who needs to go over her work again to pick out the simple mistakes. It's just those little things you could find with a highlighter. The previous two... 'books' were alright on that front. This one's probably just more new and you haven't had the time to look over it yet.

Talk to you later then. Maybe I'll read some of your happier stories later.
beautiful-surreal chapter 7 . 4/23/2011
Not hesitating, Wufei leapt up into the air and landed in front of the other boy where he proceeded to cough on him.

Childish, cute, and effective. XD That made me giggle, imagining Wufei doing that. XD
Archsage Soren chapter 31 . 9/22/2009
Wow, just... wow! Poor James, such guilt to have for the blood spilled, springing from a past mistake coupled with a childhood dream come true... Definitely a tragic figure, and a well played one at that.

Jason, good god he turned his life around. Honestly, thanks for letting him be so, not quite integral maybe but... prominent in the story, I think he deserved his version of a happy ending. And that hint at how the Project still affects his life, the whole "always evolving" thing, also feels like one of those life lesson morals. People always change as life goes on, mature, and all that stuff.

Relena, that maybe seemed the most fitting. I like how she isn't president and solely because she's Relena Fucking Darlain/Peacecraft. Nice to see even more realism. I also enjoyed how it left Solo and Duo's fates both laid out and hidden, while it seems obvious they're alive and well, one can just as easily assume they ran into deep shit and need her help or something. Maybe Duo became something just short of god and can turn back all sorts of time, revive the dead without making just walking corpses or heartless monsters, but REALLY bringing them back.

Zechs and Noin is a nice, feel good spot as well. And poor Keppel, to not see that horizon he tried so hard and sacrificed so much to achieve. But he can rest in peace now I suppose.

All in all the end seemed to be nostalgic and a very bittersweet goodbye, if you know what I'm getting at. It makes you both so happy and so sad at once, and somehow it's melding with one of the abstract breaks in Radiohead's "Paranoid Android" emotion to song-wise.

However, I can do nothing but embrace this parting sorrow with The Maxwell Trilogy, and look to the future, at the moment namely your future collaberative effort. Maybe the Muses will smile upon me and I can follow it as on the dot as I was able to do with your stories in the past.

Anyways, I need to do some more patchwork with both writing and those stupid "The World This Week" projects. That is to say both are, at the moment, pieces of ideas not put together and both need patched up, as separate items. They say things never go back to the way they used to be once they change, but maybe, just maybe, I can prove that figurative "Them" once more... or at least get it close to how it used to be.

In case you're interested, my "Thems" beating is a good chunk of dream related ones. I dream in color, my whole family does, I can land and tumble in a falling dream without waking up, I feel pain in dreams, sometimes bad enough it stays when I do wake and I can't hardly get up out of bed, I can lick my elbow of all things, and probably more that I'm hard pressed to remember right now. So here's to trying to extend this list just one statement more, yes? God damn brilliant past year, and looking to a future year as great or better, I can only say "May the Muses bless you."
Kibin Okami chapter 31 . 9/21/2009
Aww, I agree with SM. I wanna know what happened to those two. It's awesome that Jason got to live a content life after all that but what about Solo and Duo?
ShadowMajin chapter 31 . 9/21/2009
I had a feeling. I'm not sure if its Solo or Duo in there but I just knew one of them was gonna be in that room. Though I was curious what had happened to the two boys. Where did life take them after Xavien?
Kibin Okami chapter 30 . 9/20/2009
o Yay! That was an awesome chapter!

As promised, I loves you forever for updating early. I hope Duo is ok. And what happened to Jason? A lot of grammar issues but i'm sure SM will take care of that.
Archsage Soren chapter 30 . 9/20/2009
Holy shit... Finally a chance to review, and what a chapter to review on. I saw the whole Xavien mutating somehow for a final boss back when the PC started fuzzing out for him, but I never imagined this form!

Another thing I didn't expect was for Jason to actually be alive after that fight with Mordred, I thought that one was a Double KO myself after reading it. And how he took Mordred down was pure genius, as to be expected of both you AND him. Pretty sweet how he eventually became one of the "good" guys, sort of anyways. He turned out much better and more useful than even I had planned.

Xavien going down from what appeared to be Duo hitting the fabled "Evolution" in power that Pike spoke of was freaking amazing. The whole fight was pretty beastly, though I'm surprised that since Xavien tried to assimilate Duo and Solo that he couldn't/didn't do the same with the corpses inside the facility of his deceased weapons. Then again, they were pretty trashed, maybe beyond the point of being recycled into him...

Just thought of a huge challenge, find the body count for every mentioned death in the series... Has to be enormous, considering a whole town was wiped out from the get-go of Project. Maybe I'll get to that count sometime.

Abbadon's death from a bit back was impressive,if he truly died from seeing his own death and didn't barely dodge it. Overall this was just too fucking amazing for words to describe I think, but it doesn't hurt me to try. I'm only disappointed in the business that kept me from following this and reviewing chapter by chapter, like I was able to for Death Dealer/Eternal Encore and Both Sides of the Tracks, as well as Project and however much of Progeny that I was always caught up on.

I had an error I'd found, but I checked some of the other reviews and I do believe ShadowMajin already pointed it out.

If I'm not mistaken, there isn't a completed tag, meaning another chapter or two of winding down/epilogue?

Well shit, I'm not sure what else to bring up... It's been a long road, but the violence, death, gore, and humor has made the ride an unforgettable experience that overall made life more fun for the whole time this was in progress, as all great stories should do. Well, that's about all for now I suppose. May the Muses bless you, as it seems the Fates did heavily and often to Jason.
ShadowMajin chapter 30 . 9/20/2009
Awesome fight. Truly awesome. I was hoping for some vision of Wufei and Trowa to appear and tell the two to quit being wimps and kick ass. Oh well.

One error this time. Congrats. “Glad to know you’re on board as Duo got to his feet..." You're missing an quotation mark here.
Kibin Okami chapter 29 . 9/19/2009
Awesome freagin' chapter! o

*shrugs* Meh, we all knew Quatre was gonna die at some point. That was kinda sad how Dorothy died though. She was kinda dumb for following them anyways, nothing she could really do to help except be annoying.

I have a feeling it's far from over though.
ShadowMajin chapter 29 . 9/19/2009
Wow, Quatre was a bit singled-minded the ast few chapters. Ended up paying for that mistaken. And sucks for Dorothy. Just an innocent bystandard this whole time and she gets a bullet in the head. Should've stayed in the car.

Thought long, a few errors.

Error 1: "...Quatre couldn’t help but do a “Hail Mary” in gratitude that Jason hadn’t thought to do this time him." Time should be To.

Error 2: "Using the heat in his mouth, he spat out a sharp-tipped whirlwind hat blew off all but the ice surrounding Mordred’s fist." Hat should be That.

Error 3: "My hippie parents who were so big on free love and they gave me up just to fee their addiction.” Fee should be Feed.

Error 4: "It was then that it became apparent that Jason’s attacks hadn’t been completely how." How, not sure what to fix there.
ShadowMajin chapter 28 . 9/16/2009
Wasn't expecting Jason to join the fun. But then, at least he's finally being useful. There were a few mistakes here and there but right now...I'm too tired to point them out.
Kibin Okami chapter 28 . 9/16/2009
Aww Crud! Duo's in trouble. Solo looks like he can get passed Copy Chris no prob. Jason is really in trouble and I pretty much expected him to get bored eventually. I think Duo is gonna think of something though, it's a constant with both him and Solo. Light is faster than time itself nothing is faster than the speed of light. Quatre and Dorothy are probably going to get themselves killed. I can see the rebel troops busting in any second now.
Kibin Okami chapter 27 . 9/13/2009
OMG! This chapter had me laughing my ass off. o I can't believe Dorothy is still that worked up that she'd still be bothered by Solo's antics.
ShadowMajin chapter 27 . 9/13/2009
I love the banter in this.

Are we there yet?