Reviews for The Reluctant Champion
Brychilla chapter 13 . 9/24
Oh, the only time she left was to go to the restroom
Brynchilla chapter 13 . 9/24
I'm confused. First Daphne is sleeping in the chair, then suddenly she is going to the bathroom?!
Aidis chapter 15 . 9/15
You write well, and I had some fun reading up until this chapter, but I actually couldn't finish this chapter after the tea shop. The whole nah we're just friends who love each other and make out for fun bit really through me. I'm sure most people are fine with it or whatever, and I'm not saying "why aren't you catering to what I want" just felt the need to express I thought it was bullshit lol.

Anyways, neat story, and again you write well so keep it up.

-Aidis
Robert Harrison chapter 28 . 9/15
I'm not entirely sure why I just followed a completed story... Oh well, I enjoyed it. Plan to get caught up with the second one and following it as well.
Robert Harrison chapter 25 . 9/14
You'd think that someone would have thought to check the damn cup... Pfft... Wizards, gotta squeeze a half dozen of them dry just a get a lick of common sense.
RC chapter 28 . 9/6
Loved the story and I can't wait for more.
gleamfang chapter 28 . 9/5
I have to say I'm in love with your stories mate!

Clan potter intrigued me right from the get go I couldn't put it down until I was done with it! You've got yourself a huge fan right here.

My only real gripe is that Harry is a little immature but honestly that's to be expected with the whole upbringing by Sirius... Seriously though, cursing Neville and letting it lapse for so long... that was a bit dumb.

Another issue I have is that it seems like he spent one year learning to do Wandless magic with little to no improvement whatsoever... He was wandlessly summoning in the beginning and still was pretty much confined to Wandless summoning at the end. I might have missed something but that's the impression I get.

That said I really love the humor and the pacing of the story. Jumping straight in to fourth year made the start seem very fresh and kept me trying to figure out how exactly things got to that point and the subtle differences. It's a great story for somebody who's already the book and loads of other stories because of this constant spot the difference exercise in the beginning.

It feels like we're making the new kid at school and we're slowly making new friends by piecing together bits of their lives which are so different from ours and that really made me want to keep reading until I figured it out.

I think I've said this before but I am a huge fan of Harry/Daphne so thank you for being one of the best writers for that pairing. They've got so much to offer its amazing... Anyways I'm really looking forward to seeing how this all developed so please make some time for us ok?

Cheers
Keep Writing (PLEASE)
The Shadows Mistress chapter 1 . 9/4
Good start, I havent read this one yet but always a fan of a good Harry & Daphne romance.
Loveandpower chapter 27 . 8/31
Another extremely powerful chapter! You showed the love of a parent very well. Great job.
Loveandpower chapter 26 . 8/31
I just wanted to say how powerful you made this chapter. I loved every aspect of it. I am not much of an emotional person but even I shed a few tears in this chapter.
MrsH chapter 28 . 8/12
Thanks for sharing your interesting take on HP. I liked the interactions between Remus, James, and Sirius, and Moody's part in "Clan Potter". The rating was a bit light, I think - it was a bit too explicit for an "M", and probably deserved an NC-17 rating or the FF equivalent.

I thought it was a bit jerky in places, and could have used some better transitions, but overall it was well written and it certainly kept my interest. I don't read WIP fics, but I hope that one of these days there will be a completed sequel.

I was left wanting more, which I suppose is the ultimate test of a story's power. Thanks again - and good luck with the next installment!
tumshie chapter 1 . 8/11
In reference to your Author's Note, as a Brit I was taught to use " for dialogue, but it might be a generational thing.

p.s. new to your story and enjoying it so far
lordblink chapter 29 . 8/10
I came across your Reluctant Champion story, and found it to be a wonderfully written story. I'm looking forward to starting on the sequel. I look forward to it being just as great a read as this one. Keep up the great work!
MuggleRavenclaw chapter 28 . 8/7
Excellent story you have here; one of the better full-length Harry/Daphne stories I've read. I'm glad I found it just after you completed it, though, because I much prefer reading straight through instead of waiting for updates. You have a fun writing style and had several unique original ideas that I liked. I'm curious about why you changed the first and third Tasks but left the second, since that one is usually considered the most illogical of the three (boring for spectators, water Task in a Scottish winter, etc). Either way, you made it work well. My one piece of constructive criticism is this: you may want to pay a little more attention the each character's dialogue. I noticed a few chapters in that every character speaks in pretty much the same way, with the same expressions, speech patterns, grammar, and vocabulary. Most likely, this is simply your own speech pattern, and it is difficult to not assign that to each character. Ultimately, this isn't a major issue, but it is something that you might wish to concentrate on. Or not - you certainly don't have to listen to me. Like I said at the beginning of this (rather long - sorry) review: excellent story.
BROMBROS chapter 29 . 8/6
Mean. I was looking forward to a new chapter.