Reviews for The Reluctant Champion
Jen103 chapter 29 . 5/21
Hi there,

I thought id better send you a review! Found this story about a week ago, perhaps less. I loved every second of it. Love how James is alive and how Harry has grown up with the 3 marauders. I like how you've kept it going along with the info in the books too.
Loved every second. Cant wait to read the next.
Superb fic..I enjoyed it totally... Y harry went behind his father back to meet dumbles that's not nice of him...
Gatalicious chapter 28 . 5/1
I liked it, structured, had a beginning, middle and end. The pacing could be improved, there were definitely sections in there that I felt could have been edited or moved along more quickly, likely the unnecessarily numerous flirting scenes. You write very good male relationships, believable and funny.

The only big flaw in your story is the quality of your characterisation of women. I can't point to a single female character that I felt was fully fleshed out or well developed like some of the side male characters like Neville or Dumbledore or James. They're strong (Daphne), fun (Tracey, Tonks), tough as nails (the Aurors), but they don't come across believable, I can't put my finger on what, but there is just something missing.

On the whole though, a great story! Do you have any original stuff published? I like your writign sty;e and will be on the lookout.
ThunderSphinx chapter 19 . 4/23
This is completely stupid! James Potter is an Auror! His duty is to arrest Dark Wizards! Crouch Jr. is gonna get away because he REFUSES to ACT! He needs to arrest him NOW!
ThunderSphinx chapter 9 . 4/23
Awww, wonderful Harry/Daphne moment. I love them so much! :)

I can understand why Harry would he upset with Neville. Voldemort's returning and it is technically Neville's fault. However, Neville and Harry BOTH should have remembered to bind Pettigrew so he didn't escape. Honestly, I always thought the trio, Lupin, and Sirius were all stupid in canon for not just stunning him and floating him up to the castle in canon. Although Sirius can be forgiven since he had just spent 12 years in Azkaban and another on the run.

And yes, Neville and Daphne are both correct. Harry would have regretted it immediately and it would have haunted him. Neville did the right thing.

B-b-but what do you mean Harry didn't play Quidditch!? He should have made the team in First Year!
God I fuckin hate herimoine and her annoying fucking butt it attitude with everything
Procusi chapter 18 . 3/24
/golfclap. Well, this chapter certainly shows the difference a father makes - apparently it makes Harry into hypocritical asshat. I guess Dumbledore canon strategy of leaving him with an emotionally abusive foster family had some benefits after all.
PiotrMc chapter 14 . 3/5
Wanda eh we gonna see an Eric and a pietro
MoonNott chapter 13 . 2/26
Why's she got my wand? - ...

dog-breath. - what's with the nickname? Cuz I feel like I'm missing a back story or something

glaring blue murder - don't think I've seen this phrase ever

See I like that his punishment is going to madam puddifoot's and I admire Miss Greengrass's decision for making him suffer but even as a READER I'm going to suffer. Lol

Frank Butters- damn son you must be smooth!

Hahahahahahahhahahhahah oh but he's in so much trouble I legit giggled at it
MoonNott chapter 12 . 2/26
Fee Fi Fo Fum - Hahahahahahahhahahhahah what EVEN

Moody never took his leg off anywhere else. - IS THIS WHAT I THINK IT IS CUZ I THINK IT IS WHAT I THINK IT IS

NVhajafKamaagaba that moment between Minnie McGee and Harry makes me fuzzy and takes me back to where in DH she's so proud of him and WGAT HAVE YOU DONE WHY WOULD YOU MAKE ME NOSTALGIC ABOUT THAT MOMENT THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT DAVE

Note to self, don't do that again.' - Same. Me. In this moment, Harry potter is my spirit animal tbh.

Bitch needed putting in her place, - this sentence just makes me so mad. Not even context dependent. It's always gotten me fucking pissed, fantasizing about Crucio-ing people and dragging it out till the anger runs its course... tying them up in barb wire... Inflicting a million paper cuts and then salting each cut individu-
*shakes out of it*
Yeah I probably have issues, I'm aware.

Honestly I kinda skimmed through the task but if this was a WIP and this was the last available chapter to read, it would instantly be my favourite because the Cliffhanger's very nicely done
MoonNott chapter 11 . 2/26
I was very surprised with the beanstalk thing (DUH) I think it's a pretty interesting idea!
MoonNott chapter 10 . 2/26
Your chapter titles are amusing and the bit with Cedric being held up cuz of a staircase, ADORBS MAX, random side details add so MUCH to the plot, it makes me happy... Mmmmm

James Potter in full auror uniform *heart eyes*

Gah when your statement leads to a huge political tsunami. Gotta hate when it cramps my style. Wow is that a 19th century phrase?

James Potter in full auror uniform *heart eyes*

Weighing of the Wands - not gonna stoop so low as to SNICKER at the juvenile joke. This is me not deigning it with a response.

Is your uncle available for comment?' - HAH when things go EXACTLY how I want them to, it's almost like I sat inside your mind when you were writing this in the past. Sounds rather like witchcraft, which, so ridiculous I mean that doesn't happen *shoves voodoo ingredients below the bed*

how much he hated newspapers and their bastarding reporters? - EXACTLY why I have issues with Rita.
MoonNott chapter 9 . 2/26
Harry, did you put your name into the Goblet of Fire?'- Dumbledore asked CALMLY

Such insolence from one leetil boy!
Oh Cedric, bless his sweet Hufflepuff heart..

This was all Neville's fault. - and then followed by the duel... Such logical. Much precise leap. So accuracy. Wow. Nope. I'd say I expected better from Harry but he's always been rather impulsive and well gryffindorish, and the dreams and the drama.. see now I feel bad about being pissed at him but I'm still pissed at him. THANKS DAVE because who doesn't like conflicting emotions

I really like how Daphne's dealing with the situation. He's already feeling shitty about his behaviour, and nobody needs someone being "yeah you shouldn't have" no matter how sympathetic they sound, those words sting like betrayal and I for one snap back very very violently.

Yes, I is back.
MoonNott chapter 8 . 2/26
The chapter opening LMAO

so Harry, being the good friend he was - of course

wizards who loved someone 'so deeply and completely that there was no charm or glamour that could hold any sway over them'. - I've always found this theory interesting. Mainly cuz it gives your lead character That Edge and convinces his/her future partner of their True Feelings

He could respect a good entrance when it was that cool. - a carriage with undetectable extension charms built into it pulled by flying horses across the sky isn't cool enough, snob much Potter boy?
Oh apparently not a snob, just hates the French.

I'm going to have to look away from the Haphne because it's TORTURING ME NOW DAVE WHEN ARE THE I LOVE YOUS GOING TO BE EXCHANGED ETC IT IS RUINING MY LIFE *sobs*

Oh you gave pansy a brother? Cousin? Does he look like a dinosaur?

Of course. The reluctant champion's finally chosen
MoonNott chapter 7 . 2/25
At the speed I'm going, it's probably going to take me a week to finish the story lmao. And it's exhausting skiing long reviews and obviously I'd rather read the whole thing and write ONE lengthy essay but that's much more tedious, plus zero satisfaction, and this way is much more fun! Won't say bear with the speed cuz this way you get reviews everyday lmao you wouldn't complain

Your Harry is unnervingly observant... I mean.. It is so non canon...! Hahahahaha

He was good with a wand - *laughs forever* never gets old
Harry/Neville brotp and banter is warming my cold hollow heart because that is how IT SHOULD'VE BEEN DAMNIT

'Can you blame them? I'm sexy.' - Potter throwing shade like he was born for it is literally one of the best things about the series *sighs in contentment*

EXCUSE ME I NEED TO KNOW IF ALBUS DUMBLEDORE IS IN ON THE WHOLE MRS POTTER THING CUZ HE MIGHT BE A RIGHT PAIN BUT I'M APPROXIMATELY 175% SURE THE MAN IS THAT INVESTED IN HARRY'S LOVE LIFE

I've always envisioned Hit Wizards as more mercenary or MI5 kind... I wonder about Dumbledore's parting statement. Yeah I wonder about a lot of things Dave, don't smirk at me like that *she says defensively*
See you tomorrow!