Reviews for The Reluctant Champion
Question chapter 1 . 12/5/2017
Dear Sir,

A quick question: what does the real author feel about your work? Harry Potter is a popular book but surely there is a limit to a review or essay?... a parody of a work is acceptable (like Barry Trotter and the Shameless Parody) if it helps to distance oneself from something: but your work, on the other hand, seems to be about rewriting the material and confusing readers...

If you think, well, this is nobody's business, and Rowling doesn't object, bear in mind Rowling's other works are despairingly poor in quality, that is, she is rather poor at writing the rest of the time, outside the seven book series... if her book is based remotely on a real person, or is ghostwritten, this internet book (what you are doing/writing) is libellous work. You are unabashedly presenting Harry Potter, as a pro-western, relaxed, immoral liberal... the book makes it clear through allegory that Doge Dog-breath (a person with certain endearing features of a typical westerner) is the best friend and bearer of the last secrets of Dumbledore. Get the hint? No, that far gone? Consider butterbeer... a lethal mix of oil and alcohol when warmed up... not good for you? ;) risk of fire, mm? Finest firewhisky? Be careful to avoid fatheadness... like dud-ley, a blond pig in a wig... Harry Potter is a pure work... It is very specific in its dislike of british muggle lifestyles, and let's leave it like that... because as with the Brittas Empire and Shameless Britain, that's where the humour is, innit?

In other words I object to people using the power of the Harry Potter work to promote western lifestyles (and succeeding in a nasty liberal way)... (ps I don't mind anti-western reviews... hint, if you and the rest of this generation are, going by the evidence of so many copious imitations and essays, so addicted to Harry Potter magic...)

Yours sincerely...
noylj chapter 1 . 11/1/2017
And, they are correcting you to use correct punctuation.
I don't care.
Mjolnir chapter 1 . 8/26/2017
Huh. I did not know that about British writing. Nice to learn something new. Also, this was a very interesting chapter. Can't wait to learn Harry's back story.
musicbox22 chapter 1 . 8/15/2017
that's a relief I thought everyone was just speaking with their minds
Maxennce chapter 29 . 8/13/2017
Awesome story and I'm looking forward to reading the sequel. James is one BAMF! I can just imagine what Harry's going to be like by the end of the summer. Great work, and hopefully Sirius can get some of his namesake and stop being the eternal bachelor
Eragon-kun chapter 29 . 7/21/2017
Oh wow. Read the whole thing in a single setting. James is obviously the central character, but what an awesome dad he is. I also love the realism of a Harry that's brought up by marauders. This is exactly how he would end up. And it's so refreshing to have an openly sexy Harry and other kids! Hope you manage to finish the sequel. Really looking forward to it.
Guest chapter 17 . 7/12/2017
Cool chapter, shit prank. It was pointless.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/11/2017
Already love the story.
Midnight May chapter 18 . 6/13/2017
I'm sorry but I honestly hate a Harry with this kind of character/personality. This is making me wish that he ends up alone forever. And I hate how Daphne seem to just accept this boy. It hurts really. She should at least take revenge on him. Or better yet, ignore him and make him realize how such a douche bag he is and then make him suffer for the rest of his life. Sorry if this offends you but it just hurts. It really hurts.
Jen103 chapter 29 . 5/21/2017
Hi there,

I thought id better send you a review! Found this story about a week ago, perhaps less. I loved every second of it. Love how James is alive and how Harry has grown up with the 3 marauders. I like how you've kept it going along with the info in the books too.
Loved every second. Cant wait to read the next.
Guest chapter 28 . 5/9/2017
Superb fic..I enjoyed it totally... Y harry went behind his father back to meet dumbles that's not nice of him...
Gatalicious chapter 28 . 5/1/2017
I liked it, structured, had a beginning, middle and end. The pacing could be improved, there were definitely sections in there that I felt could have been edited or moved along more quickly, likely the unnecessarily numerous flirting scenes. You write very good male relationships, believable and funny.

The only big flaw in your story is the quality of your characterisation of women. I can't point to a single female character that I felt was fully fleshed out or well developed like some of the side male characters like Neville or Dumbledore or James. They're strong (Daphne), fun (Tracey, Tonks), tough as nails (the Aurors), but they don't come across believable, I can't put my finger on what, but there is just something missing.

On the whole though, a great story! Do you have any original stuff published? I like your writign sty;e and will be on the lookout.
ThunderSphinx chapter 19 . 4/23/2017
This is completely stupid! James Potter is an Auror! His duty is to arrest Dark Wizards! Crouch Jr. is gonna get away because he REFUSES to ACT! He needs to arrest him NOW!
ThunderSphinx chapter 9 . 4/23/2017
Awww, wonderful Harry/Daphne moment. I love them so much! :)

I can understand why Harry would he upset with Neville. Voldemort's returning and it is technically Neville's fault. However, Neville and Harry BOTH should have remembered to bind Pettigrew so he didn't escape. Honestly, I always thought the trio, Lupin, and Sirius were all stupid in canon for not just stunning him and floating him up to the castle in canon. Although Sirius can be forgiven since he had just spent 12 years in Azkaban and another on the run.

And yes, Neville and Daphne are both correct. Harry would have regretted it immediately and it would have haunted him. Neville did the right thing.

B-b-but what do you mean Harry didn't play Quidditch!? He should have made the team in First Year!
Guest chapter 4 . 4/6/2017
God I fuckin hate herimoine and her annoying fucking butt it attitude with everything