Reviews for Lions Aren't Meant To Be Caged
Kylie DeLong chapter 27 . 9/12/2013
I just want to say i'm not really a big fan of reading fanfiction, but then I read this.

I loved every minute I spent reading this. I never felt like I was reading a fanfiction, I felt like I was reading a published companion to the original novel. Never before have I read something that I was really sad that I finished. I was tearing up at the end.

Reading this was amazing. I can't wait to see what you make next!
HuntressDaugher chapter 27 . 8/21/2012
Wow. Just…wow.

This was absolutely amazing. It was probably the first story I've read on here that has actually made me tear up.

There were a few punctuation errors (forgive me for saying it), and normally that would kill me. However, I was so in love with the story that they were overlooked.
AlexisLe97 chapter 15 . 6/4/2011
mark. i lov him
Believe In Something Bigger chapter 27 . 5/10/2011
Without a doubt one of the best fanfictions I've ever read, this was so great. I read it in two days. You're an amazing writer!
Mirabella Motz chapter 27 . 2/2/2011
Oh my goodness... This story has to be the only story to make me cry besides the Bible and Where the Red Fern Grows. And I've read 'em all. I loved this with such a first passion and even though I knew the outcome I was still crying when Mark was put in jail. the ending was sooooo sweet. Thank you for writing this ... Thank you so much.
Seto's butterfly chapter 27 . 12/9/2010
I usually don't like original characters but this was beautiful... Very beautiful.
infinite grey chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
Yeup, this story still makes my heart drop when I read the end. I still can't believe how well you did on this.
Insanity4Apples chapter 27 . 10/1/2010
this story...was truely amazing. I cant remember the last time i've cried so hard. it completely explains the way Mark acts, what he does, and i even found myself not hating Bryon so much at the end of the story.
Hawt Link Girl chapter 21 . 7/31/2010
that was an beautiful story i cried when i read the ending, and i loved how you had a kind of flash back when bryon and Mark were talking about Ally and all of the emotion that Mark felt for ally.

it is one of the best storys i have ever read. now where are the tissue's :)
Pearl Primrose chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
I read this storty like several months ago and i never got around to reviewing like i wanted to. Anyways, now im reviewing. Great job! I love how you wrote the ugliness of their relationship. It was so raw and realistic. I couldnt stop readin this once i found it, so good job! My only concrit is to say to work on your spelling and showing instead of telling. Once again, i give you props for a marvelous story. I love Mark and im glad you gave him a great story.
the perfect imperfection chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
Hey! I believe we might have discussed this fic and the fact that I'd been meaning to review it over PM several months ago. Even if we didn't, I have been meaning to review it, and because it's fairly long and I think you deserve feedback for the work you put into this, I'd like to review as many chapters as I can. Hope that's okay. :)

What I hate about a lot of OFC romances in the Outsiders (though technically this is TWTTIN) fandom is that most of the authors make their stories about their characters instead of our - or Hinton's - characters. I think it's perfectly fine for a fic to have an OFC narrator as long as the author is aware that people are reading for the canon characters. Basically, what I'm trying to say in this rambling mess of a paragraph is that I appreciate that your fic is about Mark, not just Ally. You get right to the point, and even though I'm usually not a fan of prologues, I think you did a pretty good job with this.

I like the fact that the plot is almost circular. You begin with the end (if that makes sense), then go back to the beginning. You don't give away too much - really, anyone who's read That Was Then, This Is Now and knows what happens afterward would have seen this coming. But at the same time, with Ally you hint that there's more of a story behind what happened. You have me intrigued, and I've already read most of the story.

This is pretty brief, and if I had the energy, I would have reviewed the prologue and Chapter 1 at the same time. But I am trying to catch up with reviews again, so hopefully I'll be able to give you something more substantial soon.

Looking forward to reading more. :)

Erin
keiseroll chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
This was so amazing I can't even begin to describe it, but I'm going to try anyway. This story was perfect. Your OC's were incredibly original, and quirky, which makes them all the more interesting, and all of S.E. Hinton's characters were incredibly accurate with her story. Better yet I had so much fun reading it because there are hardly any Mark stories, or Tex stories too. Just outsiders' shenanigans. Hope you keep writing, because you're really good.
infinite grey chapter 27 . 1/6/2010
I really adore this fic, and I could probably read it over and over and never get tired of it. Every time I read a Mark fic, I always think of Ally and him together. She fits like a puzzle piece right into the puzzle. I have to tell you, the last few chapters literally made me sick (in a good way). It made me want to cry, yell bloody murder at the screen and jump for joy all at once. I have to say the 'Epilogue' was really sad...really...heartbreaking. The last thing...it broke my heart. I have to admit, I had quickly skimmed threw the prologue so I didn't exactly catch the fact that he would die. But I really enjoyed this. It was so heartbreaking (guess you coulda figured that out already!) and tragic, and I absolutely loved it. I guess I always knew Mark would never have a happy ending - what with him being a wild lion who simply couldn't have been tamed. You wrote this really well, and there was a peaceful ending, even if the thought of it does make my stomach flip.

Good job, and I'm glad you wrote this story. Keep up the good work :)
bornforhorses chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
I CRIED WHEN I FOUND OUT HE DIED! D:

i didnt read the prologue, so i didnt even see it coming. 33 god this is the best story ever.
singer23 chapter 9 . 6/24/2009
this is rele good! Mark is acting completly like I would expect good job! update soon!