Reviews for Home
Kittona chapter 33 . 7/10
I've read this story two or three times now and still love it! hope you get the chance to finish it someday.
Liss chapter 33 . 7/9
Hello there, Lanaea! I just re-read some of my favorite bits of this amazing story (I'm overdue for a full re-read but haven't had time! I usually re-read it once a year) and I just really wanted to drop by and say thank you once again for this masterpiece. I know you may never even see this review, but I want to say all this sappy stuff anyway.

The truth is, I've read so much Star Trek fanfiction (both TOS and AOS) that I'm overwhelmed by the variety of incredible stories sometimes, but this is my favorite (sshhh, don't tell anyone). I hold this as the pinnacle of what K/S can be. You write the characters so well, and so true to themselves, and the world you create IS Star Trek. You are so faithful to the source material (the aesthetic of the movies, the format of alien encounters) but you bring it to life in a way that's simply *better.* This is what I wanted for a sequel to the 2009 movie. THIS is the movie I wanted to see. And I'm so blessed to be able to read it. Whenever I want. For FREE. Thank you.

I remember reading this when you were writing/posting it. I was a moody 19-year-old, and this story got me through one REALLY rough summer, and carried me through that year in college, too. Now, nearly a decade later, this story still gets me through rough times. I've read it more times than I've read my favorite novels. More times than I've watched my favorite TV shows. Sometimes I'll be laying in bed and sigh, and my wife will ask what's wrong, and I'll just tell her "I still don't know how Spock got that black eye." Haha! She's so sick of hearing it, she actually completes the sentence for me and finishes with an exasperated "I KNOW." (Please don't take that as any kind of judgement or pressure. I'm very happy to still be able to read this story, and it's okay that it's unfinished. I feel fulfilled when I read it every single time. 3)

Anyway, as a fic-writer myself, I just want you to know how much your writing, and this story in particular, influenced me. I have peppered little homages to "Home" in so many fics at this point, someday I want to put together a scavenger hunt for my readers, haha! You truly inspired me to write for myself, and I can't thank you enough for that. In 2009 you helped me reconcile the AOS characters with the TOS characters I knew and loved before, to establish how I see and view them. Now, in 2018, you help me remember all the things I love about this ship (in either iteration), and inspire me to continue writing.

So all this is to say thank you for this story, and for your others. Wherever life took you after this, I hope it was fulfilling and rewarding. I hope you kept writing. I hope you're still writing today. 3

-Liss (who used to be bjafi, but I long-ago lost my login information for FFN, haha! It's probably for the best XD)
Gabrielle Nightingale chapter 33 . 6/6
While it’s been around 9 years since this story was last updated, any chance you continued it on another platform?

I love this story and would love to see it continued
TousledSky chapter 7 . 4/12
The part regarding Stanely was really well-written though sad. And that part where Kirks deciding if he should jump or not? In particular the line "his father...who had died to save his life". You got me deadass crying over here.
The interactions between Spock, Bones and Kirk was super cute too! I love how this story is going :)
TousledSky chapter 5 . 4/10
This is really well-written, I love the way you have with words! I'm espically fond of the way you described Jim being lost - how you can't really get lost on the Entrerprise, vs how you can get lost on back roads. It kind of reminds me of the difference I feel between when I have my cell phone and when I forget it at home, lol. I also love protective Spock looking out for Jim - my babies being sweet to each other is life.
Great story so far!
TousledSky chapter 4 . 4/10
I really love this story! The way Kirk and Spock interact, Spock's reaction to the email, Kirk being the bigger person - it all comes together really nicely. I love the dynamic so far and I can't wait to read more of it! Thank you for sharing this wonderful gift of a story~
LaverdaHarleyIndian chapter 33 . 4/6
BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO SPOCKA FAAAAACE!
v
Geeky chapter 33 . 12/29/2017
Oh my gods
Im never going to know who hit spock.
Noooooooo
Anyway
I damn well love this fic just everything is on point
Just amazing
Youre awesome
So if you ever get back to this i'll be back for sure

See you in the next chapter!
Sezso chapter 1 . 12/27/2017
I have loved this story for years and I will love it for many more. In fact I may even have reviewed it before (hell, I might have reviewed it multiple times), but it bears repeating. I LOVE this story. It's one of my top 10 fan fics of all time and I feel I should mention that I've been in fandom for close to 20 years now and have over 20k of fanfic bookmarks (some days I'm ashamed of this and somedays I'm proud haha).

I think at this point it's safe to say the story will never be finished, but their emotional relationship reached a very satisfying conclusion and that was always the heart of this story anyway. Your Jim and Spock really resonant with me and I truly adore them. And given the other movies that have come out, I think I'll always prefer YOUR take on the characters, even setting aside my ships. I don't know if you'll ever see this review, but I hope you are happy and successful and that you know that this story meant a lot to people, and certainly meant (and means) a lot to me.

... but all that being said, I would kill a man to know what the hell happened to Spock's face. XD
berty05 chapter 1 . 9/13/2017
i don't know why you stopped writting but i adore this fic, and it got me through the hurricane, so i hope you will complete it soon.
sherryfanfic1999 chapter 33 . 8/21/2017
Well, it's been 8 years since your last update. I'm pretty sure others have express their concerns for your absence on updates for this fic. I haven't given my plea yet. Yes, it is long. Yes, I have tried to figure out, from each chapter, why it is called 'Home', but I have an idea now. I think. But that's what kept me going. To see Spock and Kirk leave their old homes, make a home and family out of the Enterprise, and finally in each other. We're so close. With all the drama from the past and Spock's major ability to be too insightful(he is SO NEGATIVE) about HIS past Jim. The people who are against them in the present(family or friend or Starfleet wise). Anyway, I enjoyed this tremendously and do still look forward to a update? please? Thank you for the reads. Would like to hear from you soon? Maybe?
SmokeGetsInYourEyes chapter 33 . 6/28/2017
If there is ANYTHING I can do to help your muse get back up again (no innuendo intended) then please please please let me know! I would love an update, as would hundreds of other people! Best of luck, well wishes, and sincere admiration you wonderful writer you
KalamityKim chapter 33 . 6/8/2017
At least they had sex again before you stopped posting... I'm still hoping you'll update again all of these years later.
deanawesome67 chapter 33 . 6/7/2017
this story is sooo good. And we are left with a big question "Who the hell hit Spock?" we need to know.
6,336 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »