Reviews for Home
Adhara Black-Cole chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
I think I might have fallen in love with your writing. It happens to me quite often, but honestly, your writing is exceptionally in character with both the TOS version of the characters and the new timeline presented in the movie. I love the little fact that Winnona is forgetful to the point of self-sabotage almost, and how Jim is realizing Spock actually has a great sense of humor underneath all that control.

The comments of Winnona looking at Jim with "THAT look," as if she was looking at a ghost... splendid little detail that makes the angst-whore in me squee with delight. If I might requisition that you partake in the configuration of a scenario in which this is addressed, I would find that most fascinating.

Also, Uhura is truly a badass and I congratulate you on giving a kind way of the relationship breaking off between Spock and Nyota. Most new fic that I've read either have her pushing them together or being a bitch. Thank you for keeping her as a person and not a scapegoat.
kitty.has.a.pen chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
this is so cool. :)) please update again soon! we need more stories about this couple~ :D
anonymous chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
This is so good. I love the details and wished it didn't end. I too liked Uhura in the movie, but I could see so much more (romantic?) tension between Spock and Kirk. Looking forward to your update.
Daeleniel Shadowphyre chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
You have no idea how glad I am to hear that you won't be bashing Uhura just to make the K/S work. The movie caught me by surprise with that little curve ball, too, but then, my mind keeps trying to offer up ways to get Kirk, Spock, and Uhura into a nice, kinky, stable threesome.

But that's just my MO when it comes to slash pairings I love infringing upon obviously devoted canon couplings. ~shrugs~ I look forward to seeing where this story goes, so keep up the good work.
sexypancake chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
oh! i think this has taken 1st place as my favorite K/S fic for the new 2009 movie. it has everything i love it in. i love that Spock gets to interact with Jim's mom, and that she's a cool, sassy lash to boot, and that it's slash. i also thought the way spock and uhura parted was rather tasteful. we don't need half the chapter dedicated to that mush.

anyway, i hope hope hope you update soon. i really love this story.
SpirkTrekker42 chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
Great start! I can't wait for more :D Looks like Kirk is starting to figure things out... I especially dug the line about being able to love and hate something at the same time. Heh. Update soon!
no name chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
this is a really promising start to a k/s story. i haven't found many stories that portray Spock so well; keeping him in character, but humanizing him and giving him the hidden traits that i saw in the movie. i really look forward to following this story, so please continue
Shinigami061 chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
I really like this so far! It's got a...quiet, calm quality about it. Just a couple of friends spending some time together, and maybe it'll lead to more, but that's not what's most important. Can't wait for the next chapter! Keep up the great work, and update soon :) More, please?

Shinigami06

P.S. Yes, Uhura is *definitely* badass :)
Kelgadis chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
This is lovely. More please!
Night Essence chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
For one thing, this is amazing! I love the dynamic between Spock and Jim. It's awesome, you're doing great. I also agree with the Uhura thing. I like her, but you have to break her and Spock up to get to the delicious pairing that is K/S. So, please update soon. I'll be waiting.
LindenBLVD chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
this is Amazing!

very true to the characters that the movie made!

And it all seems to work!

Please continue this soon!
Lady Azar de Tameran chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
I appreciate that you didn't bash Uhura. Relationships can end peacefully, and I don't see either Spock or she not being friends afterwards.

That said, I really enjoyed this. I like the pace and Kirk's thoughts. Very well done.

Zari
Wonderfoal chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
This is an interesting start! I would definitely like to read more. I don't think I've seen any other fic with Kirk's mom. The comparison to Bones was LOL.
6,403 | « Prev Page 1 .. 417 424 425 426 427