Reviews for The Captain
East-Coast-Invictus chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Aw! I really did enjoy this. It's hard writing Norribeth when the movies turn out quite differently, for me at least, but this was just so great. The song and actions blended perfectly, the characters were realistic and consistent. It's always great to see Norrington let his hair down occasionally, so to speak. Wonderful job!
Norribethforever chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
The ending was kind of confusing

Good story though
Sachita chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
Hi there!

Oh, you wrote such a beautiful story that I can't even begin to describe it! I really loved this. You have such a wonderful way with words and it truly brightened my day up. When I first read the words of that song, I thought that it would be most befitting for James. Poor, poor James. His character is such an interesting one to explore. is also a very intriguing OC and one wonders what kind of story he would have to tell if asked. You wrote an amazing story that comes alive right before one's eyes. By the way, I loved how Elizabeth described her dinner party :D Seems to be the perfect summary to me.

So, very well-done, thank you very much for this story! It will be added to my favourites right away. Kudos to you!

Have a nice day,

tashia chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
adorable and very well written. and tugs at your heartstrings too. you have a fantastic talent, thank you for writing this!
Autumnwriting chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Hooray for Mini!Elizabeth! This is adorable. :)
Bishieluver01 chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
...This really was a charming story to read. Not all that much of a light read (look at the length! :O) But then again, after the events of the song I didn't want it to end! By the way, was that song writtan by you, or one found somewhere in a book or the 'Net? Again, it really was a beautifully done story.
orpsgod chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
My God what awesomeness you have put to paper here, figuratively speaking of course. You definitely have shown a great amount of talent here, and I would not be loath to reading more Norribeth from you. James, with Jack of course running a close second, is my favorite character, and I do like a good Norrington fic. I am not especially fond of Elizabeth, although for some strange reason I do like a handful of Norribeth fictions I have read, this one now topping my list by the way. I guess it's because I do think James loves her beyond any reasonable manner and would give his life for her. Anyway I do want to let you know how deeply this touched me and thank you for posting it. :)
Rickashay chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
It was something I wasn't expecting, perhaps that is why it was so creative. I am adding it to my favorites. Very well done and I hope to see more of you. Please write some more stories about James and Elizabeth, you certainly have talent!

Love Rickashay
Nytd chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
'The heavy door slammed off the wall, causing a fine stream of ink to steer across the paper recklessly, marring an excellent display of penmanship.

James Norrington inhaled his frustration sharply, staring at the shining black ribbon as it bled into the fibers of the page. He looked up at the entrance of his small office at his officer on duty expectantly. The lanky young man recoiled his hand from the doorknob timidly as he stood ramrod straight and swallowed hard.'

The opening of this story is a great attention grabber and sets the tone for the rest of the story nicely! Can't help but smirk as soon as we learn that it's Murtogg that's slammed open the door by mistake.

Nice job weaving in some of the actual locations and streets from Port Royal. Most people don't realize how many forts there actually were.

'“And New Street. More particularly the allies that lie between them.”'

I think you mean 'alleys' here. 'Allies' are associates/comrades.

'His lips thin and disposition no-nonsense, James slipped inside the entrance, pressing against the wall at once as a fist flew within an alarmingly close proximity of his face. A sound punch was delivered to the man right next to him. He stared in shock as the two men brawled passed him and fell out into the street. Commander Martin met James’s wide eyes from outside before being knocked to the ground from the scuffle.'

Another great passage that does a lovely job giving us a quick yet thorough glimpse of what things are like inside the Red Crier. James' encounter with the woman inside is quite amusing!

'Lord, he couldn’t remember. “I believe I was out to see with my father.”'

Out to 'sea', yes? :)

The whole encounter between Elizabeth and James in the tavern is adorable, espcially with the periodic interjections from Mr. Rowe.

'Tasteful? It’s the middle of the night, Lieutenant. There are no tasteful places with people to have fun with unless you know of a place I do not.”'

Makes one wonder how many onther times she might have done this!

Nice job with your characterizations of James, Elizabeth, and the governor. Interesting to see how this one night ends up influencing events yet to come.

Well written and well imagined. I enjoyed reading this a great deal!

Florencia7 chapter 1 . 5/19/2009

James was so perfectly in character - I could HEAR his every word! - you portrayed him beautifully. And Elizabeth was fantastic, just like I would imagine her at that age! The entire scene, the entire fic was GREAT. The search, the song, the interaction between Elizabeth and James, the very idea for this story, EVERYTHING - was wonderful!

I loved all the little scenes at the end, such a brilliant collection of powerful moments - and the very last moment at the end gave me chills.

Amazing work. I loved it!