Reviews for From Canada
maplepancakes99 chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
I liked this, and that thing about the polish saying does seem interesting.

I never trust wiki though it has lied to me many a time.

One thing kind of bothered me though. That last line where Poland says. 'You should see what a cuckoo clock will get you.' That just gave me images of Poland doing it with Germany...and I think that is just wrong...*shudder*

Anywho cool story! :D
SceneSkittlez chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
... PFFFFFF LOLOLOL
yacchin chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
DSAGIHLASJGKADSN this is so cute33333

I wanna read more of this. ;_;
Tyler4768 chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
Why hello there! I am a late reviewer! You made me adore this pairing... Almost as much as I adore my Germanada. :P I was wondering if maybe you could do that Sequel with what a gift gets Canada? (Devious Smirk) It would be truely awesome!

Tyler4768
Mimi chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
I love this sooo much!You should definitely write more
Person chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
I have NO idea about sayings in Poland... Sorry. XD

But nice fic!

...

SEQUEL
Hikari Heartache chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
Hahahahaha loved it! I'm going to start saying it's from Canada whenever I get something lol
HappeDaez chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
loved it. never seen this pairing before.
ShizukaKairin chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
The Polish sentence is like totally right :D

I have a really good laugh with this fic, thank you very much

I don't know much of this gift sending cause I don't have any friends or family in Canada, but I have to say you that Polish people that live somewhere abroad really like sending big boxes of gifts xD My grandmom in England is living example :P

Matthew's cute x3
Chiko100 chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
Yes that is just amazing...I never knew a saying like that existed...I must say it now all the time.

Even though i'm in Canada. xD
Felixia chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
:D great story, and your Polish translation is pretty accurate, although: -‘Oh! to jest od Kanady!’ (oh, it is from Canada)- means litteraly that it came FROM Canada, as in 'person' (who's name's Canada). But maybe that was your intention all along. To sound more natural you could write "Och! To jest z Kanady!", which means that it came from Canada as in 'place'.

And yes, we Polish people insert a 'c' in exclamations like - Och! Ach! Ech? - because we have two types of 'h': single 'h' and 'ch'. Beats me WHY exactly it's 'ch' in those exclamations, but there you go.

About that saying though, I haven't heard it before. So maybe it's local or something.. (._.)p Btw, if you ever want to write something about my country and have doubts/questions about something, feel free to send a message, I'd gladly help :3
Bonzai-Bunny chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
This was great. 3 I, for one, loved Poland's uber Valley Girl accent. I think it's cute and it really fits him. I'm totally loving Poland more nao. ;D
RedHatMeg chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
Well, I am Polish. When I first saw "to jest od Kanady" I was thought about telling you: "It should be: 'to jest z Kanady'." becuase this is grammatically better. But then I read the end note and I thought it's better. Becuase by saying: "to jest od Kanady" you're making a suggestion, that it is from somebody, who's leaving in Canada, not "made in Canada".

But this was great. I, personally, don't like the way that Poland talks and it wasn't a bit annoying in your fic. Pairing CanadaxPoland seems a bit weird but I will watxh for sequel.
Olivia VonWarden chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
Omg! That was lyke so totally cool! I mean, lyke, im a big PrussiaxCanada fan but still! And, like, u totally naild Poland. He was like perfect.

Haha. Sorry, I stayed in valley girl mode. I wish to see more of this from you! It was excellent.

Aurora
ghjggggggggggghjgjgukyghjhbjbj chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
Aw, so cute! Love this pairing...

It is great left off there, but might I be selfish enough to demand a sequel anyway! I want more... XD