Reviews for Sleeping Beauty
WishingDreamer5 chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
That was so heartbreakingly sad! I don't even have words for it. The second person thing was surprising. I thought it wasn't allowed on this site..? But it is very well-written. I really love your writing-style.
floutistvivi chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
AW...that is so sad...poor squall...
Saber Wing chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
I have hardly ever seen stories written in the 2nd person point of view, probably because there are so few who can do it well, but you've pulled it off with flying colors. Beautifully, beautifully written. Fantastic fanfic.
Relyob chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
brilliant. Id imagine 2nd persons pretty hard to write in so well done! I, too, had an idea like this for awhile and always pictured it going along with the star wars theme tune, Across The Stars so I read your story while listening to hat and was almost in tears. Emotions were perfect, thanks for sharing this. I believe if you continued this it would be brilliant but as a stand alone one-shot its equally powerful. :)
RainFlame chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
Amazing job! I don't quite know what to say. I really enjoyed it (if you can say "enjoyed", seeing as how Rinoa died *sniff*). It was all very good and very well written!
InstigateInsanity chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
Very interesting read, which when you're dealing with this theme (how many times has this very story been written now? I'm not exactly sure, but it'd have to round out in the hundreds) is sometimes pretty damn hard to manage. I wasn't expecting the second person format; it's a strange and often unsettling form of narration which holds it's own undeniable mystique, and which was a joy to read here.

I like the way you worked Laguna into the scene, and I especially liked the way you dealt with his and Squall's interactions. The way no names were mentioned, yet we still know exactly who the characters are; very well done indeed.

I hope you write more from the Final Fantasy Eight world, such a wonderful fandom (and easily the most batshit crazy of all the FF VI worlds. I mean, come on - teenage mercenaries, uncountable killings, not one mention of remorse or guilt, and evil sorceress from the future intent of temporal destruction ... where the hell did they come UP with that?).

Well done, can't wait for your next work!

~InstigateInsanity~