Reviews for Songs of the North West
Sakura Ichigo Morihiko chapter 7 . 5/1/2013
Oh, the Freedom Festival? If memory serves correctly(it's been a while since I've gone, ok?), it's celebrated on July 1rst.
UsCanFTW chapter 3 . 5/21/2012
Oh my god! Another Newfie that likes Hetalia! Yay! That's as rare as finding a needle in a haystack!
UsCanFTW chapter 3 . 5/21/2012
tricksterash chapter 10 . 6/11/2011
To tell the truth, now that I think about it, I've never actually heard anyone say 'aboot' instead of 'about' unless it's in a TV show making fun of us or we're making fun of our own national stereotypes -
Casey chapter 3 . 3/3/2011
Ah~ wonderful story. Full of humour and and one other thing, Here in newfoundland, when people say New Found Land, and pronounce it like that, people form here want to hit them. It's correct to say 'New finland'.Kind
NickyFox13 chapter 10 . 1/11/2011
I'm surprised I haven't reviewed this earlier but I loved reading this fanfic. It was exceptionally well written with an awesome portrayal of the North American family without being too cheesy or boring.

I applaud you for writing this amazing piece of fanfic _
Spazzcat-Katori chapter 3 . 5/31/2010
Er, no, it really is not "New Found Land". It actually is pronounced 'Newf'ndland'. Even Newfoundlanders say it like that.
Lightninging chapter 10 . 2/17/2010
Oh, this made me think so much. And since I'm a talkative person, that means I'm going to end up talking... a lot... too... oh dear.

The fairies? I loved that chapter. I love fairy-stories and suchlike! (Although I still have nightmares from childhood stories of Struwwelpeter and Irish fay folk... *shivers*... and Cheyenne myths... those things are creepy on occasion!)

The foreign-exchange-student bit. I go to an international boarding school. It's quite difficult to talk about Hetalia (and it doesn't help matters that one of my friends is the carbon-copy of Belarus... and was /born there/.) But I love how there's always inspiration in those things, the everyday occurrences. It's so fun!

I've always been a bit irritated that there is no Mexico nation-tan in Hetalia, so thank you for putting in Maria. She is very interesting; I love seeing everyone's takes on the as-yet-fanon countries.

9/11... yes, that was the point. Terrorist attacks in other countries were correlated for other emergency-number dates as well; in England and France and such. *shivers* gah, I hate that memory.

Chicken soup is good. There's supposedly sommat in chicken broth as helps your throat...

Aboot? Canadian? Really? In the U.S, it's generally thought of as a Minnesotan- oops, Minnesootan- accent. (I'm allowed to poke fun! I've lived there!) Thank you for teaching me something!

Sarah is awesome! I really love her. Is Newfoundland all that separate from Canada? I've never really thought about it, so that was interesting.

The 50themes bit was so funny! Footballs, teehee. *giggles immaturely*

I liked the four kids, I did really. They were just so cute in the drabbles where they were so little!

Keep writing~! I'm sorry for the obscenely lengthy review, I tend to be talkative- and talk oddly and round-about-ly, so I've been told- so I'm sorry!

I really loved this story!
Lightninging chapter 3 . 2/17/2010
New Finland? LOL!

But... as for saying it wrong, I (and a lot of people I know) say 'land' as 'lind' when it's at the end of another word. "Openlands" "Openlinds" in my town, "Newfoundland" as "Newfoundlind" or "Newfounlind" or "Newfinlind", but "NewFinland" would probably be pronounced more as "NewFinlend". Eheh, sorry. I like accents- mine is unpredictable, though, a mush of different American accents with a bit of International-school Finnish accent thrown in... so that was just a basis on what all else the people in my community would say. But yes, I say "Openlands" as "Openlinds". Of course, i also say "literally" as "litrally" and "southern" as "sow-thern", so... I'm not particularly reliable as a source there.

-I'll leave a better review at the end :)
Luminous-Bluebell chapter 10 . 12/28/2009
Concerning #5, we actually DO dip candies in chili powder. That same chili powder, pico de gallo, also goes in soups, on chicken, and (believe it or not) on fruits, melon most commonly. I think it may be an acquired taste, but for me, it tastes good.

Anyway, yeah. The thought of Alfred being rushed to the hospital after eating spicy foods makes me giggle. XD Silly Alfred, thinking you can take it.
Luinramwen chapter 10 . 7/24/2009
I don't know if you know how happy it made me to see a fic starring Canada AND Newfoundland. Really. I enjoyed this, especially "Fifty Ways of Living," because it made me laugh so much; you have a talent for the very short drabbles (not to say I didn't enjoy the longer ones, though).

I really liked your Mexico. Good job with the North American OCs, they make the continent that much more diverse and interesting.

1. I had not heard of Peter Easton before reading this fic. I love finding out new little tidbits of history from fanfiction. Thank you for that. I'm going to go look him up now.

14. I've never heard a Canadian say 'aboot' either, unless they were jokingly imitating the stereotype. I have no idea where it comes from either.

15. George Street. This one was win. Totally how it would play out too.

23. Talking to Americans. YES. I was just thinking the other day how Canada would probably be both kinda pissy about what it makes America think about him, and enjoy a guilty sort of malicious pleasure when America is being a total jerk to everyone. This one made me laugh too.

30. Dairy Queen in Hell is sheer awesome. I mean, really.

31. Your Newfoundland is kick-ass, I really like her. I admit I hadn't been picturing her as a girl but it works and I like her.

34. Oh, Chretien. Gotta love how the parody news shows like 22 Minutes and Air Farce never even bothered to take his comments out of context because there just wasn't any need to.

45. I don't know how many people are aware of this fact, and that makes me sad. There are a number of Canada-in-WWI fics, but this is the first reference I've seen to the Royal Newfoundland Regiment. I think there needs to be more said about this sort of thing in the general Canada-centric portion of fandom.
0ShadowNightMare0 chapter 10 . 6/21/2009
This last chapter was really good, I love how you put the comedy and the more serious stuff in together. The Beaumont Hamel part was extremely moving. And come on labeling a ladder is just ridiculous you know I’m right.

Down with the sparkly vamps!
pmpatg chapter 10 . 6/17/2009
For the chili drabble, I think I know what your friend was trying to do.

There is a very famous candy sold only in Mexico and very few parts of America called Lucas (or at least that's the candy I'm thinking of)that is a lollipop (like a pushpop)wich you dip in a special chili your friend was trying to recreate it.

Very lovely drabbles, by the way.

Iwas crying by the time I finished it
CRDInactive chapter 10 . 6/17/2009
26. 911

It's funny how life hands you a plate if irony like that...for me, it was planes full.

This story is great! i can't wait to see what you come up with next
Alana-kittychan chapter 10 . 6/17/2009
Nice 3 I'd like to see How Canda USA and their sisters reart with Australia and NewZeland D