Reviews for Phantom In Hiding
CommChatter chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
It probably won't get passed on though. Interesting. I like it.
deaka chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
Fantastic work! The tension in the fight sequence was exceptional, and it flowed beautifully. (I always find action sequences to be one of those things that are much more difficult to balance than they look, so many props!) The characterisations were very well done - I'm not particularly familiar with Vos or Maul beyond their roles in the movies, but I got a very strong sense of both of them here. You have a very crisp, clear writing style which makes this story really *work* while also capturing the sense of TPM, with its air of beginnings and mystery.
TheEngine chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
Interesting read. With a little planning, this could develop into a much larger story.

;)
Sara Esperanza chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
As usual, very enjoyable and well-written. I especially liked the glitterstim idea. It was original. However, I have a bit of constructive criticism to add. In your story Shadowed Depths you mentioned you hadn't read any comics featuring Quinlan Vos. I advise you do because he is an extremely interesting and complex character. But in case you never do, I'll tell you what I know.

Quinlan Vos is one of the most pragmatic and cynical Jedi in the Order. He personally saw the results of the corruption in the Republic and was critical in his reports which caused the other Jedi to alienate and distrust him. When Tholme sent him to infiltrate Dooku's camp, he was in two minds as far as Dooku's beliefs went. He knew Dooku was a Sith who lied and manipulated the truth, but acknowledged that those who regarded him as a savior did so with good reason and that there were many wrongs the Jedi could right if they chose to.

His obsession with locating the second Sith made him very self-righteous. When he was "certain" Sora Bulq was the second Sith, he refused to tell the Jedi Council because he believed that personally killing the Sith was the only way he could justify all the wrong, evil things he did during his mission.

However, he was extremely analytical and a brilliant tactician. When the Separatists poisoned the Noghri world, the Jedi wanted to collect the evidence of the Separatist's intent, the Scientific Instrument Package(SIP) of the poison. Vos was after it too and fought Aayla for it as giving the SIP to Dooku would mean earning more of his trust and eventually learning who the second Sith was. He rightfully told Aayla that the Republic would only use the SIP as a political tool to show neutral systems what a 'bad man' Dooku was and that the real enemy was the Sith.

Vos was also extremely skilled at manipulation. Even though Dooku knew he was a spy, he provided very intelligent answers to keep his cover. Here's some dialogue where Dooku asks Vos if they should keep a Republic planetary leader in power:

"Do you agree, Master Vos?

"Suribran Tu is a butcher. His people hate him. Keep him in power and you prove there is no difference between the Confederacy and the Republic. And if he's willing to sell out the Republic, he'll sell out you. He can't be trusted."

"You betrayed the Republic. Are we to trust you?"

"I'm here because I believe the Republic is hopelessly corrupt and must be replaced. In that respect I'm still a Jedi. As are you."

"Well answered."

With that, Dooku be-headed Tu.

You said you read Vos's profile from wookipedia, so I doubt I have to tell you that he's completely ruthless to his enemies.

As far as your stories go, this particular story would turn into an AU if you wanted to keep Vos in character. Vos would chase a Sith to the ends of the galaxy if he had to. There's also one major mistake you made in "Fearful Symmetry". Vos would never, ever suggest that a Sith could be turned. He would never even bother to capture a Sith. He would insist to Qui-Gon that they either kill him while they have the chance or ruthlessly interrogate him.

Anyway, I hope this helps.
Beth Weasley chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
o.O; And the Council never got the message because Palpatine was the one that had sent Maul to Tatooine and didn't want them to know that someone besides Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had seen him. And Quinlan probably never thought to check up with the Council about that report, either. *facedesks* Sheesh. You'd think that Quinlan would be one of the ones who would be most persistent about getting Maul neutralized, too. A very interesting one-shot!
TheMacUnleashed chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
Good job! I loved the fight scene -it contained great imagery-but do to the irony, the ending was my favorite part.
Wayne7793 chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
This is amazing! I love Quinlan Vos! I kinda knew he was hiding in Mos Espa and yes, this is perfect, shame it never happened in the movie! Thanks for writing this story! :)
Magus1108 chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
This was really good. Excellent fight.