Reviews for Spiral Tangents
Meneldur chapter 11 . 2/4/2010
An excellent chapter. I liked it a lot - even though it wasn't as usual, the politics were fascinating and great.

Pansy and Holly together was interesting. I liked Pansy's 'pointers'.

The secret sharing was an interesting ritual, and very nice. I liked what happened with Holly and Miles.

What happened with Snape and Holly was hilarious.

Actually, many of the way Holly defeated her enemies in this chapter were hilarious. The Hip Hop spell in the shower was hilarious.

The part with Daphne was interesting. It was calculated smart, and perfectly planned. I wonder what Daphne'll do now - stay out of Holly's way, or try and join up? I assume it's the latter, simply because of her nature and ambitions. The whole part with Flint's Ghost and Penelope was also amazing. I loved it.

What made Holly 'foam at the mouth', exactly?

The outcome of that was great. In two short months, Holly's gained almost complete control of the House. Only shows how much of a Slytherin she truly was.

Is Astoria addicted to gambling?

The Last part, with Talia telling Holly she knows what happened was beautiful. I loved it.

And the end was simply perfect, finishing on an appropriate hilarious and sexy note. Until the next chapter, Meneldur.
Meneldur chapter 10 . 1/23/2010
Excellent tangent. Although there were a few somewhat confusing encounters, which I'd like clarification about.

Thw Remus-Tonks part was kind of boring, but gave us interesting information regarding Hermione. Otherwise, I don't think it was that interesting, no offense.

The Holly-Ginny part was both interesting and funny. Again, it didn't seem to advance us much, but it revealed info about Luna and Ginny, and was rather important. I do hope Ginny is over her anger and crush, though.

The Holly-Natalia part was just sex, but was good. Also the conversation about bras was funny and interesting. And the last part with Star Trek made me crack up.

The part with Narcissa was... odd. But it explained why they only have one son, and is certainly interesting and original. Perhaps Holly will be able to use this information to her advantage in the future. It explains why Narcissa is what she is. The last part with Holly speculating on Andromeda and the Black family was simply hilarious. Did Holly actually meet Andromeda? And is the relationship between Narcissa and Lucius truly filled with som much fighting for control? Did Narcissa ever win after this?

The part with Padma and Dean was confusing. What happened? Why did Dean leave? What did Padma's remark mean? And will this have any significance for Holly? It seems Padma might be interested in something or could be an ally, especially from her last appearence.

It's good to see not everyone in the Wizarding World has Underage Sex and perversions is all I could think of from the Cedric/Cho part. But the Luna part was interesting. Was hse truly that desperate? Will we see more of Marietta? I hope so. She could be developed into a great character. And the part with Luna meeting Newt was great. Does this imply Luna has some precognitive power or something?

I find it hard to believe Fleur (II assume it was FLeur)curses that much. Of course, she is a Veela, so maybe. At least she has style while doing it. I'll note that she didn't deny most of FLeur's arguements. Although the comment about French invading was rather weird - how old is the Potter family? Because if they were aristocrat after 1066 (the Conquest), they were almost surely Norman - meaning French, and probably only married fellow Norman nobility. Not many English (that is Anglo-Saxon Nobility was left after the Conquest. I also find it hard to believe that Fleur is that arrogant. Although it's not like she doesn't have reason to be. Her power - incredible. I'll note that Holly now has a request she can use. If it Fleur, I hope we see more of her. I think she's a fascinating character which was under-developed (like nearly all the characters, actually), but I bear a special liking for her.

I've already told you my thoughts on Florean and Padma, so I guess this is the end. A very good chapter, with some average parts, and some incredible and great. Until the next chapter/message,

Meneldur.
Bambieyes1234 chapter 9 . 11/10/2009
Fantastic! I like the little edits you've done. Took me a moment to find them but I really liked them- the Luna one the most. I can't really find much to say as I've already kind of reviewed.:D

Bambi.
KJS X-OVER chapter 8 . 10/11/2009
The Natalia/Holly/Harry relationship is extremely interesting! It makes me laugh how Holly feels prone to violence around Natalia and her immature ways. Oh, and how Holly is not enough for Natalia. Seriously, Hermione died from all the Holly-induced orgasms, yet Natalia can't be fully sated! That made me laugh a bit.

I thought it was really sweet how Holly is asleep inside of Harry... Her feeling safe and all... I don't know. But she deserves it after all the crap she's been through.

Oh yeah! And the sister/incest thing? Priceless!

Good chapter!
Bambieyes1234 chapter 8 . 10/1/2009
Aw.:D Have I mentioned lately how much I love Holly and Natalia together? Also

'Mistress Holly,

Calls Dobby again when it is safe. Some things Dobby cannot do for Mistress.

Yours in non-touching friendliship,

Dobby.'

Had me in stiches laughing, I fell out of the chair.
Meneldur chapter 8 . 10/1/2009
Okay... this chapter was a bit confusing, probably because it's several scenes that should be read together with chapter 30, but let's see if I can make sense of it:

What does Holly mean when she talks about the Gyro? That they can fast forward time? That they can go forward in time?

What exactly happened on the 15th of March? Was Harry not stimulating enough for Natalia, so she had to make a 'sybiana' to stimulate herself even more? And then there was the weird conversation. Why was Tonks apologizing? I'm still not sure.

The continuation was quite good. Natalian and Holly as sisters makes a lot more sense. It works for me. Also, if it's more 'sisterly love' than 'married love', Talia may find it easier to forgive Holly for the Oblivation. But this raises the question: Is it really only sisterly? 'Best friends with benefits'? Because Natalia's confession to Holly (before her Oblivation) made it seem like something more. 'In love with you' is usually considered more than 'love you'.

It's funny to see Tonks os insane. On the Barney issue, I have a few funny comments I'll send you in a PM.

wTalia's memories were quite a nice touch. Basically it was just an expansion on the scene in chapter 30, but it made it much more understandable. The Delia/Jeffrey part was hilarious. Though the idea that TOnks was that way from birth is somewhat disturbing, and should be explained.

We learn a bit about Tonks career. I hope it works out. I can't wait for how things develop when Holly's in Azkaban and in Hogwarts, especially with Talia.
KJS X-OVER chapter 7 . 9/5/2009
I love the dynamics in Holly's and Natalia's relationship! It's strange, but you actually got me to read a lemon that wasn't Hermione/Character. Natalia is utterly perfect for Holly (not in the romantic sense, Holly needs an equal) and she is loyal to her, something that is not easy for Holly to come by.

It's almost humorous, btw, that the Mistress of Squick aka wordhammer got squicked out! I almost thought nothing was taboo for you. I'm not making fun of you or anything, I swear :]

You're really good at writing lemons, and the emotions felt so real...
KJS X-OVER chapter 6 . 9/5/2009
I wonder if she still would be insatiable if Holly gave her one of the orgasms she gave Hermione... the never ending, death provoking orgasm.

I love the "Sweet Baby Maeve" line! It was in the Sword of Gryffindor, right? lol

Natalia is very intuitive, understanding how Holly wishes to be protected, but still not being able to, no matter what...
Meneldur chapter 7 . 9/4/2009
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure this review will be long. On Wednesday I was in school and had no internet access. Thursday I wanted to review, but the site wouldn't load. Today I wrote a review, but I lost it when again, the site wouldn't load. So I'm a bit frustrated, and you'll have to forgive me if it's a bit short.

1) I completely understand you about parts 5 and 6. I don't object to gay people, but I can't stand the thought of the act itself, to say nothing of writing/reading about it.

2) Loved the conversation between Holly and Tonks regarding the Mark. It shows Tonks's personality quite well. I really like your portrayal of her.

3) Holly/Gordon - amazingly deep. It's good to see Holly get over her trauma, and it's good to know that she's not a super-girl - she's still a teenager, and can have trauma. She can and does flinch. Though I wonder when Holly will recall that memory. Soon, hopefully.

4) The Mark - you've obviously put a lot of thoguht into it. I was really impressed by that, and loved the way the ritual went. I wonder who'll be the next to bear the Spiral.

5) Holly's plans for Hermione. I wonder at them. What exactly is she planning? For Harry to seduce Hermione slowly, 'stretching her virginity to the breaking point'? Is that an indication of love, or a plan for revenge?
Bambieyes1234 chapter 6 . 8/14/2009
Aw, that was pretty cute. I think Holly and Natalia are brilliant together, I've been waiting eagarly for them to get together since they had meet. I liked the thing with Holly's tounge...made me blush but stil rather intrested in what else Holly will gain.
KimCreole chapter 6 . 8/8/2009
The two of them deserved some comfort. One wonders, though, what this means for Holly and Hermione (Not that Hermione really deserves her at the moment).

Once again, great work, except...

"They even had sex once."

And in five words, my Spiral Path/Tangent experience was forever tainted. After egg laying, spiky-tongued emasculation, acidic secretions, unholy offspring created from seed harvested during a deferred date rape... you finally found something that squicked me, Lily/Snape.

I'll be removing those five word from the copy on my hard drive, so that I may try to forget they were ever there.

Ah, relief. That's so much better. Far be it from me to compromise anyone's artistic vision, but my sanity and my previous meal were at risk. ;)
Stygian Styx chapter 5 . 8/6/2009
They got better then they deserved, but good job. I apologize again, I thought she had been treated much worse then that. I just really hate every form of rapist, fictional or not. Little weird, as I'm a guy, and have never known anyone who was raped. Doesn't stop me from wanting to kill them all, though.
KJS X-OVER chapter 5 . 7/26/2009
ef... While it was disturbing, I'm glad it wasn't at the level you could have gone. Holly's faced a lot of crap in her life, in fact, I'm surprised she hasn't tried to get away from it all. I know I would.

Her killing of Flint has a lot of issues to weigh. Was she supposed to be the judge, and executioner? Her choices were taken away, though, and since it's a fictional character, the bastard deserved what he got.
Some1Else2 chapter 5 . 7/25/2009
I'm surprised that with the issues you address you wouldn't want to include this. I know that one doesn't need to give all the details for things to be exciting or anymore powerful to get a point across, but it seems necessary to the plot for the time tuner bits. Also you shouldn't be afraid of turning people off of the story. You are tackling grave and serious issues despite the quirkiness of the main character and shouldn't be disinclined for any reason not to include bits like this. It's one thing if you don't want to include the gratuitous sex, but this tangent provides so much more realism to the subject of rape and the attitudes that prevent justice in even today's society for acts of rape. Great story!
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 6/12/2009