Reviews for Just Doing Her Job
lea chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
i loved this! you got both of their characterizations down. and i adored their interactions, i think she's probably the only one who could stand toe-to-toe with him (and win!), be it as friends, romantically or familial. excellent work :)
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
Nice!
yamikinoko chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
I wonder what happened to Gaila during the movie? She seemed to have just disappeared from the movie... Hmm...

Love the confrontation between Gaila and Kirk. Granted, I'd always thought that it would involve a lot more physical violence and, err, contact, but heck, this fit the bill quite nicely. Nice!
niver chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
That was absolutely fantastic! Great job!
Red Bess Rackham chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
Well done! Gaila defs needed way more screentime than she got. This was a cute, very in character little "deleted scene". Excellent job.

Red
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
Jim Kirk finally meets his match! Of course, Uhura will cook him over a fire, slowly, with Spock's help-but hey, Jim's used to that by now.
Sareh chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
*giggles*

With that smile of his and his quicksilver tongue, it seems like Cap'n Jim Kirk can get himself out of 'most any spot of bother.. even with a really ticked off Orion.

A fun read. :)
elektralyte chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
Great characterization of Gaila. As much as I like reading stories of her sexy escapades, I want to read other kinds of stories too.

"And I'm just supposed to believe that? You know how I feel about humans treating me like the color of my skin means I joined Starfleet specifically to serve them!"

That line moved me. I like how much depth your story gives to Gaila (and Kirk). I hope you don't mind, I added your story to my C2 comm "The Adoration of a Green Goddess".
Minkychan chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
I am definitely digging the characterization of Gaila. This is the first story I've read that gave her depth and made her awesome and fun and NOT held her preferences against her.

I'd love another story about her : )
Kadigan chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
"the same expression Jim Kirk always seems to wear when he wants the universe to bask in his joy."

So. Very. Jim.

This whole thing is, really. Is it speculation that Gaila turned him in, or did you pick up a cue somewhere that I missed? Either way, it's great. I continue to love your work.
Amon-100 chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
Great story, some one has to do a multi part Kirk and Gaila Fic.
Willow-Bee the Cat chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
Nice
nine miles to go chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
ahahaaha this was really cute! what a great idea!