Reviews for Misunderstood
J'aime ma vie chapter 1 . 5/31/2014
I think Briony's first person perspective is really interesting. It really adds a lot of dimension to the story.
Saphirabrightscale chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
This seemed like a better ending, thank you for writing it.
VowieLou chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
I'll be harshly honest, I didn't like it.

I think you do have a talent for writing, but I just don't like this story.

Because it was written in first person, it should be in the character of the person. And that didn't sound like Briony, or any girls her age; the language was too old for her. Even though you probably want to show you're talent at writing, when your writing in the voice of a character, the narrative must me in that voice.

Also, it just didn't seem believable. The speech was unnatural, and would a character as (irritatingly) arrogant as your Briony really accept that she was wrong so quickly? I doubt it. And would a young girl really describe something as "sexual passion?" Part of the beauty of the original novel is Briony's incomprehension of whats happened. I think if writing about a scene directly from the novel, you would need to stick with that.

also- check your grammar, or you'll have grammar snobs like me swoop down on you :)

As I said, I think you have a talent for writing, so please don't let this put you off, I say these things simply on this one story) in the hope they'll help you in future. I'd be happy to clarify anything :)

Vowen x
Morgan chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Not bad. It started well but then petered off. It was an interesting alternative to the saga of Ian Mc Ewan. Use a larger range of diction to better emulate Ian McEwan's flowery use of language.

I do prefer the book though as the whole point of Briony's misconstrual of facts is to create a dilemma from which a plot unwinds. :D
iluuurrrvfiction chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
am sorry for writing a bad review for your first story...but i have read the book and am deeply in love with it...although it has a sad ending and Ian has stretched the descriptions a lot...the book is absolutely amazing...this story really doesn't do it justice..maybe if you read the book you can write a much better one...it'll be good to read a happy ending to the amazing love story.
Lulu Jones chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
omg that is so much happier than the book or the film I love it! i always get pissed that Ian McEwan made it so sad and all that and I loved how much Cee and Robie loved each other but then they die Jesus! nah i love it great job!
Alexander Devereaux chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
misunderstood...

the title gives meaning.

i really dont understand your story.

its so not real.

too childish.
JuliaProngs chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
It was good, but I think the characterisation of Briony was a bit off.

Well done though.
Vaena chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
God, i love this so much better than what happened really. I hate that the way briony ruined everything. silly little children dont know whats going on. Anyways sorry for ranting. I love it. You should do a chapter on Cecelia and Robbie and their love...
Gorgeousemmettx3 chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
wow, it was beautiful. i just saw the film for a couple of minutes a go. and i have read the book. I've fell in love with it, completely. could wish the book/movie would have a happy ending. but no...
Meh chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
It's your first story, but it COULD have been written better.

I know in the book/movie, Briony is self-centered, but i dont think she realizes it. You made her way more arrogant in this story, so much, it annoyed me.

Also, briony wouldnt change her mind THAT fast.

watch the movie a couple more times first, then this story could be a hit.
The Secret Life of Helena chapter 1 . 5/22/2009
cool thing. Sensual as you say. :))
swishandflickwit chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
I don't understand much cause I didn't watch much of the movie but I know she kept it to herself and parang broke them apart. Is this like an alternate ending?

Oh, I think it's suppose to be "I did misunderstand" :)

Anyways, congrats on your first ATONEMENT fic! :D