Reviews for Nothing Like Yesterday
Scoop-K chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
Good for Lois. I hope she takes charge like that in Season 9, honestly, because Clark really deserves to grovel for a while. Chloe as well, for that matter, but I don't even want to touch that one right now - still too painful.

Ooh, I guess I'm bitter about the finale as well after all. Hrm. Well, whatever, I really enjoyed (maybe not the right word - appreciated!) this story, as it's exactly what Lois should be feeling about how she's been treated. Fanfiction is apparently Smallville-disaster therapy these days, so thanks for providing that service! :D
endsxtonight chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Ouch. This broke my heart in all of the right ways, that it should have. And, it was so true to the character, and what she must have been thinking. I hate to think of Lois as the last phone call or just an afterthought. They really don't appreciate her, as much as they should.
Malvolia chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Wow, yeah, the finale has made you bitter...not surprising since they basically threw plot elements and snippets of dialogue in a blender and then threw what came out on a canvas Jackson Pollack style. (A friend told me I should move to California and write for Smallville, since apparently it's a pretty easy gig.)

I really like what you write about Lois feeling left out and coming to the end of pretending not to care. Heartbreakingly realistic.

I hope things work out better with Clark and Lois. I think he'll be looking for her still, even though he has trouble figuring out really obvious things and so will have more trouble with this disappearance. Stupid Smallville Clark... There, you've got me bitter again, too...

Nice job.
Meg chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Aw. Part of me really wishes Lois would just walk away from all the crap that's happened to her this last season. They've been such a-holes to her. . . ugh, especially Clark in the last episode.

Thanks for putting a bit of balm on the festering sore that is Doomsday.
metaphor chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Ouch. My heart. This was so painfully, gorgeously angsty. I particularly loved these two lines, which I think are so true to how the character must feel over how she's constantly treated:

Most of all, she’s tired of acting like the constant rejection from those she loves most doesn’t cut like a knife, leaving scars that no one but her can see.

She just never realized what she would miss most would be feeling like a somebody, important enough to be the first call, not one that comes as last of the afterthoughts.

Beautiful work.