Reviews for Life on Mars
foreverautumn99 chapter 17 . 7/17/2019
Very entertaining story
Astris C chapter 1 . 6/3/2017
This fic is wonderful, there are so many lines I loved that it's impossible to quote them all. You especially nailed that Lord of the Rings reference! And the image of Purdey and her marshmallows! Oh she is such a wonderful, adorable character, I'm glad things went all right for her in the end, it would have broken my heart if they turned out otherwise.
Astris C chapter 14 . 6/2/2017
Poor Purdey! Nooo...
Astris C chapter 4 . 6/2/2017
Oh. My. Gosh.
Astris C chapter 3 . 6/2/2017
Aww, this is SO. GOOD. I especially loved the line, "She'd been thankful that he respected her privacy, and she knew she couldn't have it both ways." And why is this becoming Gambit's personal crisis? Purdey's supposed to be the star of the show! Can this story get any better.
Astris C chapter 2 . 6/2/2017
Commenting before I read on. This is the saddest thing! How I... I mean, this is so emotional I can't...
Lisa Paris chapter 17 . 12/14/2009
Absolutely loved it. Great entwining of past and present, what a clever use of ideas. One always wonders - the 'road not taken' thing . . . I guess everyone has those moments/crossroads in their life.

After all the tension and frustration of Purdey's 'dream-life' it was a relief to get back to reality in the end. I liked faux Gambit - he was just different enough to be believer as a doppelganger, but of course, our lovely real Gambit is far nicer, and I'm so glad Purdey realised how badly she'd treated him.

I do hope you'll be writing some more NA fic?

I thoroughly enjoyed every chapter of this, not least because of the excellent writing. Thanks.
Symphony In Blue chapter 17 . 12/14/2009
Wow, that was a beautiful ending. I really enjoyed reading this story, it was amazing. It was really nice how you incorporated Gambit's comment about the boat on the river in 'Faces' into the storyline, very clever.

The ending was just right, but I'm a bit sad that this story has come to an end. Luckily I know you'll have more fics in store for us, so we won't be without for very long :)
kst1233 chapter 16 . 11/30/2009
Oh how I love this chapter.
Symphony In Blue chapter 16 . 11/30/2009
Beautiful!

Purdey really thought she was going mad for a moment there, wasn't she? Finally accepting that this world was real. I'm glad it wasn't though, and that she's now (hopefully) really going home. The final meeting with her father was beautiful, and how he explained to her why her mind created this alternative world. It does all make sense now, Purdey's been through a lot in her life, and the whole ordeal with Larry was one of the keypoints of her life, so it's not strange that she needed a way to see things in a different light.
Lisa Paris chapter 15 . 11/19/2009
Great idea - and neat twist on 'Life on Mars' (British version, of course!)

Poor Purdey - trapped in a nightmare. I love how Gambit is just as sweet and chivalrous in both time dimensions.
Symphony In Blue chapter 15 . 11/16/2009
Oh god, cliffhanger!

This was a really intense chapter which had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. So Purdey's getting more visions from her real life. Would that mean she's going back home soon? Can't wait to read more.
Symphony In Blue chapter 14 . 11/2/2009
So...those first few lines confused me. Did she go back to her own reality for a moment there? It did seem like it.

This was a great chapter. Finally some action for Purdey, picking locks and handling a gun. Hopefully Steed starts trusting her a bit more, I still can't believe he drugged her! (Is it obvious that I don't like AU Steed? :P) Gambit is sweet as ever, but how crazy that his wife had a "Purdey cut" before she died. That really must've freaked her out.

This story fascinates me, but I get more confused as the chapters progress (I guess that's what you were aiming for ahah). Anyway, enough rambling from me. I love it and can't wait for the next installment!
Sac-a-puce chapter 8 . 8/10/2009
This is so very interesting...

My favourite line... “If I were, you wouldn’t be half as virtuous. I’d make sure of that.”

I look very much forward to see the next installment.
Symphony In Blue chapter 6 . 7/21/2009
Purdey's switching into pure panic mode now, poor girl! I really love this storyline, and I'm excited to see how you're eventually going to end this story, since the series Life on Mars never really explained everything at the end.

(And I decided to leave a comment here for once, instead of on the forum)