Reviews for Seduction
findthewill chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
This is one of my favorites scenes in the entire Saga and you've totally captured the absurdity that I love in it. They're desperately in love and committed to each forever, but she hurts him by refusing marriage, and he hurts her by refusing sex.

It's devastating how horrible Bella is to Edward, yet she has no idea that she's hurting his feelings, mostly because he never tells her. I could cry at, "The ease with which she discarded my sacrifice gave me a full measure of the rejection she’d felt earlier."

Bella also clearly never internalized the fact that Edward comes from a different time with different morality, as you express with "But as white would stand out on a field of black, so would the stain of indiscretion scream out on her pure, unblemished soul." Yet Bella has no idea.

I love the thought of Edward's possessiveness, a clear vampire trait, and his desire, also hidden from Bella, to be the one to turn her. Yet marriage was even more important. "Even though the thought of Carlisle’s lips on Bella’s throat drove me to near insanity, I wouldn’t back down." Perfect.

And I couldn't end this review without highlighting the line, "I felt like I was channeling Carlisle." 21st century Edward slipped in among his 1918 sensibilities.
ValiumWaltzes chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
As usual, you've outdone yourself. I LOVE this and I am so thrilled that you were commissioned to write this story. And I'm very grateful that you were allowed to share it with us all.

In my opinion, NOBODY can do Edward's POV as well as you do. You just seem to capture him so well. And some of the things you come up with - well, you put SM to shame, you really do. There is so much I loved about this story that I'll never be able to remember it all (or my favorite quotes, of which there are too many to re-print here). Let me just finish by saying - the bed serving as a reminder to Edward? Brilliant. His "possessive" desire to have no other vampire bite her? Love that :-) Her disregard of his feelings and sacrifice? So sad, really :( His elation at her acceptance of his proposal? Perfect, and even better than SM's version.

Sigh. This will be one of my favorite stories for sure, one I will return to repeatedly over and over again.
angelbabe17mm chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
very interesting! i really enjoyed it. thanks for posting!
Lady Dragona chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Once again, a beautiful interetation of Edward. I wish I could channel Edward as well as you do. I can only image the true strength of scharacter that he has to be able to keep to what he feels is right and still feel the intese draw he does to Bella. She truely is his other half. Thank you for entering the auction and writing this beautiful companion to Eclipse.
bellalouise7 chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
That was so beautiful! I love all of your work and I can't wait for more!
SydneyAlice chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Very romantic and sweet. I agree with you about the "You can covet what's already yours.." line in Eclipse. I always read it as "You can't covet." But I guess it can work either way. You "can" covet what's already yours and not worry about getting in trouble for it. lol. But I think "can't" works much better. Anyway, great chapter!
amata-jo chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Hi. I know I don't always review like I should (and I'm a few chapters behind on Dark Side of the Moon) and I do apologize for that. I believe that of all the fan fiction I read, you write Edward the best. Stories such as this, Dark Side, Totality and A Changing Heart (which is amazing and makes me wish for moments like that in Breaking Dawn - maybe I would have enjoyed it if it had been in there) make me want the whole saga from his point of view. Thanks for posting this - it was very enjoyable.

btw - did you write Whirlwind? I can't remember if that was you or not. That story was fantastic and I miss it. If you did write it, I hope you are making progress trying to get it published.
wishimight chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
That was great, beautiful even. Sigh. I love canon Edward, and you always write him just perfectly in my opinion. I haven't read Eclipse in such a long time, but this is in my top two favorite scenes from the book, so I'm SO glad that you wrote it from Edward's POV. It was simply lovely. :)

(everwondering on twi)
tanwellman chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
First, an apology...for those few seconds when I saw that there was a fanfic update by Blondie that wasn't for "DSOTM." For those brief threads of thought that Edward would've caught that sounded suspiciously like, "Why is she working on something other than Dark Side? Does she not realize Dark Side is like my own personal brand of herion? And I NEED another hit!" But I quickly recovered myself, remembering that it isn't about me, and that your life isn't about feeding me a continuous supply of fanfiction.

I am so glad I got control of myself, because this story was amazing. Awesome. Funny. Cute. Edwardian. Perfect.

And I had always read "can't covet," too. I wonder if that was a typo or not. hm. Nothing like a mystery to keep you up at night...

I am very glad that your auction winner chose this story. Kudos to her!

Thank you for updating, thank you for writing, thank you for sticking to cannon. :)

Tanya :)
LovesTheHeat chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
you blow my mind with every thing that you write. it's like everything you touch turns to gold.

the little details, like, "She’d won, and yet defeat didn’t sting the way it should," bring edward to life more clearly than if he was standing right next to me. I'm in awe.

you're a fantastic writer and i hope you publish something one day because you'd grace the whole with your artistry. everyone that hasn't found our work yet or has passed you by has lost something wonderful.

keep writing. i can't wait for the next piece you decide to write.
Juliejuliejulie chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
God bless you JAustinlover!

There were so many delicious, fabulous sentences in your story. Again, your writing is magical and it made me deliriously happy to read this story.

Perfect. Delightful. Sensuous. Breathtaking. I knew what happened and I still felt Edward's suspense.

That was pure marvelousness with new boots and a plate of cupcakes.

THANK YOU!
martdg chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Excellent! I can't get over how perfect your EPOV is of this scene, just wonderful. Not once did I feel something was out of place or didn't fit, you out did yourself. Big huge thanks to JAustenlover too, your gift just keeps on giving!
lanicker chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
So Good! Thanks for sharing!
RosieTWILIGHTx chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
I loved it!

You are a very good writer

and if i hadnt known any better i would have believed it was Stephenie Meyer writing that!

x
Tiggrmommi chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Agreed the editor missed a typo in Eclipse with Can vs. Can't...

Another fantabulous story Blondie! Seriously! You have Edward's thoughts (what I believe to be Edward's thoughts) down SOLID! Just incredible! I'm a little behind on DSotM, but I hope to catch up soon! Thank you again so much for sharing your stories with us! You are an exceptional writer!
165 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 Next »