Reviews for Bookends
Guest chapter 2 . 1/29/2013
Well written. Tonker seems more aggro than I thought in the first chapter. Nice insight into Mal's mind. A few spelling etc errors here and there. Quite enjoyable overall. Thanks
Imladviel chapter 2 . 12/14/2010
This was very interesting to read. Cookies for you. Also, I'm making a community, trying to gather all MR fanfiction on this site. If you can think of authors/fics to add, I would be very grateful.
fledge chapter 2 . 10/14/2009
Thank you for another lovely chapter. Who'd have thought Tonker could teach Mal, of all people (1), a lesson? Excellent writing again, very poetic in places and psychologically convincing. Keep it up!

(1) Er, creatures, perhaps?
fledge chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
Another absolutely fantastic MR fic - nobody does them any better than you! I wonder ifyou've followed the recent revelations about the Church's educational establishments in Ireland during the last eighty years or so. The Grey House must be remarkably like those... Great how Tonker reflects about the skills they did and did not teach them there. Naturally, the skills that really stick are not normally those they INTEND you to learn, though.

Of course, for the reader who knows the truth, Tonker's comments on the other recruits as "lads" add and additional touch of humour, very well suited to relieve the altogether less than bright mood.

Needless to say, perfectly flawless spelling and grammar, which is getting increasingly rare at ffnet.

A priori - a good choice of a title; the tale sums up the basis of everything that's going to happen. In a way, of course, all your Grey House stories belong in this context. (The original philosophical term is from Kant, if I'm not mistaken?)