Reviews for New California Dreaming
Krow Blood chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
...So, what was the Chosen one like in yar timeline?
chankljp chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
Hi Hotpoint! Did you watch Fallout: New Vegas' Debut Trailer? It seems that it will be about NCR making first contact with New Vegas! Maybe you can write another story about what you think will happened? Or perhaps Coyle or one of the Brotherhood can make comment about the city?

Please tell us what you think!
tedsini chapter 3 . 1/30/2010
Three chapters into this story and I'm hooked. The dialogue is very nicely done and the attention to detail is impressive. Coyle shooting out the transmission dish on the Washington Monument is inspired. The tension in the relationship between him and Allison is also well paced. It looks as though you write about one chapter per month. I can believe that, given the refinement of the product - no misspellings, proper punctuation and so on. Either you are able to edit your own work or you have a pretty competent person reading over your chapters. Whatever you are doing it works. Now I'm going to continue reading. It's rainy Saturday in coastal N.C. and a good day for a Fallout story.
Howard Russell chapter 9 . 1/29/2010
I recently started playing Fallout 3 so I thought I'd give this story a try. It's a real winner! Really fleshes out the Fallout 3 world and brings it even more to life.

Coyle is a great character and I love Allison. Can't wait to see where they go next.
Brian JT chapter 9 . 1/29/2010
Every time I read another chapter of this story I get the urge to play Fallout for a few hours, but you can never play fallout for just a few hours...ah...

I am really enjoying this story and can't wait for more.
Reagan chapter 9 . 1/29/2010
You're making me want to bust out my copy and play a few hours. Ah, the Super Duper Mart. Always a great place to start scavenging for needed supplies.

Although it seems typical of the game you've almost got Croyle as bi-polar with the manic swings of emotion to boot. Gallows humor is probably the only way some people keep from becoming monsters or just going insane.

Thanks for updating. I hope you get more game time and more writing time in your future. I really can't wait to see them encounter the super mutants and the brotherhood in the heart of the city.
chankljp chapter 9 . 1/29/2010
Thank you so much for a new chapter! I always enjoy reading New California Dreaming since I first came across it. Keep up the good work!
jdboss1 chapter 9 . 1/29/2010
at last i have found some one that think more like me

I wood not kill the Raiders but conscripted in to working for me there not even peple to just go kill some there so litter let i wood find it hard to kill him not try make them work same of the Super Mutant wood like to have a Super Mutant pet

love to here you talk on New California Republic’ as only play fallout3 and did not no there even was one

love this Chapter: 9 out of all the fallout fic of here this is the one that i want updat the most
Gogolu chapter 9 . 1/29/2010
Nice.
jdboss1 chapter 8 . 1/19/2010
i am geting in to this fallout storys this is my 5th i read and it did not make me want go back to potter fic

like the info if get from doing this story

keep up the good work
Reagan chapter 8 . 1/7/2010
This is a fantastic story. I love Fallout and you've really done a great job mixing the various games. Fallout 3 has so much potential with what you're doing. I know you're writing like three other stories but I hope you are giving this one the time and attention it deserves.

Coyle and Allison are a hoot and I can't wait till he sees how different BoS are under new leadership.

I hope you update soon.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 8 . 1/5/2010
Aw...Coyle was defending Allison's honour! That's so cute! Though she's right...he's gonna need some better interpersonal skills if he's gonna be wandering the Wastelands for the Brotherhood of Steel ;D

And it's interesting to find out that the .32 round seems to be weaker when used in pistols than in rifles in Fallout 3. Then again, only "rifle" I had the last time I played the game was the BB rifle you get at the start of the game. Really need to get my hands on a copy of the game, probably the GOTY edition if it has all the DLC included in it.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 7 . 1/5/2010
Oh...now I REALLY wanna see how Coyle reacts to seeing the people of Megaton have a real A-bomb as their town statuary. Cue all kinds hilarious snark about the sheer insanity of Capitol Wasteland residents, methinks ;D

Nice tough with the tip o' the hat to the logs found at the school about Boppo's demise...had some fun clearing it out, if only for the fact those giant mutated ants were right stinkers to fight off :S
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 6 . 1/5/2010
Wow...41 decades is definitely a good long time for holding a grudge, I must say. All kinds of funny to see how Coyle razzed Allison about things like the Confederates firing first on their attack on Fort Sumter. That kind of stuff would presumably get left out of a Virginian's history lesson, now that those "damnyankees" aren't running a federal govt. no more ;D
DarthNacho chapter 8 . 10/31/2009
I must tell you that this story is just great. It's obvious that you have a good understanding of the Fallout universe. Your characters are just great and I look forward to the next chapter.
375 | « Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 .. Last Next »