Reviews for Darkness & Light
tuatara chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Aside from being absolutely gutted by the injustice of it, this story also left me rather profoundly unsatisfied. This story absolutely demands an epilogue. the end of Ranma's life, he reflects back on all he'd been through. He recalls, among many other things, how he, Ryoga, Ukyo and Kuno finally and *permanently* removed the threat of the Amazons. He thinks about how hard he's tried over the years to keep that final promise.

And then, when the end comes, he finds that the one who has come to take him to the other side is the very same girl, now a valkyrie herself, who had been taken from him so long ago. She tells him that she's so proud of him and of the life he led...and that he can finally truly let go of the pain that had burdened him for so long.

He takes her hand...and all is white and peace.

I seriously just made myself cry writing that. Yeah, this one hurt. I don't know if I can exactly thank you for this experience, but you did succeed in moving me. And I do urge you to consider writing an epilogue for this. If you do, please feel free to use any of the scenario I described (or not, of course).

Thanks for reading.
Merme chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
This was a good story, but what an awful place to leave it. How does Ranma react to the knowledge that Colonge killed Akane? The story seems a bit unfinished..:/ I did like it, though! :)
Untamed of Wildwind chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
Oh... so sad.

Wonder what Ranma will do to the amazons though?
Triva chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
This is so sad, but it is sweet as well. I liked the explanation of Akane's emotions.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
Not terrible. Not horrible. Quite good. Splendid. Neato. Wow.
Scott chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
"Do not let anyone know who sent you."

"You may speak with him briefly while I report to the elder Ko Lon."

If the valkyrie was bound by Cologne's orders, she wouldn't have been able to say that.
LadyKatherine29 chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
Very interesting plot. I should have realized that the Valkyrie was there for the kill. Still who thinks a lustful looking monster thing. Is there to protect you? Great twist. Nice how the Valkyrie let it slip who called her. Little confused as to why you used a Valkyrie. As they are Norse. But still neat plot idea.
Wharpt chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Ranma promised not to blame himself. He didn't say anything about not avenging her death. I hope he rips Cologne's heart out.
Bobboky chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Nightgazer333 chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Cologne is so dead now.

Maybe her whole tribe too.

There won't even be a village left.