Reviews for A New Day
SapphireSecret chapter 1 . 5/28
I loved it! Seemed true to the reimagined characters and the original series. I wasn't expecting where you went with it. Just...every detail was excellent. The mind meld. The dialogue and the characters' interactions. The type of missions they were deployed on. The governor accusing Jim of impersonating a captain was hilarious and distressingly plausible. Fantastic job. :)
reading-rider chapter 1 . 5/16
I really, really enjoyed this story! It was very focused and imaginative. The characters were spot-on. thanks so much for posting it!
tanseynz chapter 1 . 9/16/2015
I am surprised Kirk would leave the children there, given the attitude of the remaining settlers. Interesting short story.
nmletters chapter 1 . 6/26/2014
I seriously doubt you'll get this review so I won't go into detail, but give credit where credit is due ... GREAT story and aren't you prophetic - "Harrison Johns" :)
Azamiko chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
*cheers*
Loretta Jean chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
I can tell now I will be reading more of your stories. Thank you.
WickedBlue chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
Awesome fic. Thank you so much for writing it.
TangledEpicForever chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
Hi, I'm new this Star Trek 09' movie section. But I have been here on fanfiction site for 5-6 years or longer. Anyways, I just want to say I enjoyed your story a lot! I loved the movie very much as I seen it 9 times in theaters! And I seen it many times when I bought the movie, I just couldn't get enough of it! Anyways, I'm ready for the sequel which wont be until 2012, which seems a long wait but so close. I'm so ready for more of the movie, thats why I'm glad I discoverd that was section for the movie which there wasnt one now I plenty of these stories based after the movie to keep me occupied until the sequel is out. Anyways, I kind of wondered where the crew was heading to or what mission the would first embark after kirk first became Captain at the end of the movie. So this story is a good start, love it!
lokobookworm95 chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
That's really sad. I feel really bad for the kids. Not so much for the adults though.
FireBloodyRed chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
umm amasion! i luved it! please update! i am waiting on several other stories and ill die if i have to wait much longer..
TheSoulmater chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Aw, Jim getting called 'son' that had me in stitches, poor thing! Awesome take on their first mission. x
blueblackangel chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
A very good story! Has all the things a good story should have: character development, good plot, a bit of comic relief, and a semi-open ending. Job well done!
LadyAdarah chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
great story, thanks for writing it! and i like your idea of some original events happening in this universe.

the mind meld between spock and jim was very well written, i liked the powerful implications.
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
This was a great first mission. I liked the accusations he was greeted with at the colony and you even had a red shirt die!
5 chapter 1 . 6/22/2009