Reviews for Imperfect Contrition
HopeStreet chapter 2 . 5/27/2009
Have you seen the awesome Rob shirtless pics from Italy? *pants*

I hope Edward didn't leave as in leave to separate but instead leave to consider their situation. Edward internalizes so much against himself. I hope this can be resolved.
beccasmind chapter 2 . 5/27/2009
Wow this story is amazing and a great angle to look at a story from. I look forward to more.
saraamin chapter 2 . 5/27/2009
yeah man will he do that will he let go? gosh i truly wish if not for him for Bellas sake because Bella is in pain she suffers and she is getting hurt she doesn't deserve this. she deserves a happy and whole marriage not one with a partner that is anguish and regreting and thinking of the fucked up past...

i almost cant smile of the image of Robward shirtless it feels like Edward in this story has fucked this up so badly so damn much.. Will you separate then in a couple of years? What will you do with them? Will they head different ways to find the whole and great marriage they deserve? Will it be worth then this? Sighing deep you know so sad...

But anyway thank you for writing this great story. But man dont forget about the other one :P like this one to even with all the pain in the ass and guilt and angst :P
mexicantt chapter 2 . 5/27/2009
*cries* I'm always so behind on Rob pictures. I want them! I want them now!

Oh, right, review time. Yup.

This chapter...I like the idea that word spread, that their story could give others some form of hope and help avoid the problems of your Edward and Bella.

And can I kick Edward? Or, hit him with something so I don't break my foot?
Famingo chapter 2 . 5/27/2009
Damn I love a good angst! This is wonderful. I can totally see canon Edward feeling like this. I've even got a similar thing in a story I'm writing at least the treating her like she's still human part. I'm really enjoying this story and I can't wait to see what happens next.
WriterTeacher chapter 2 . 5/27/2009
I'm still gasping over the shirtless Rob, too... he he he...

This story is incredibly sad, but it's also infuriating on one level. Why, oh why, is Edward being so stubborn? This has been going on for decades, for goodness sake - what is he thinking? Now their marriage is in jeopardy and Bella is unhappy all because he can't as you rightly said, "Let it go." It seems like such a waste of the love they shared in their youth. He should know better.

On the other hand, I can see Edward being hurt over having such truths shoved almost literally in his face. He does love his wife, but he having significant trouble releasing his guilt. Perhaps soon, he will realize that he has to stop living in the past and start living in the present/future - it may be the only thing that can save their relationship now.

Their marriage is polite but not passionate, and knowing what they used to be like, that is extraordinarily sad. After having been through what they've been through, you would think all that "taking each other for granted" nonsense would've been chucked out the window, but apparently not. I hope this comes to a happy resolution somehow.
Twilightlvr1 chapter 2 . 5/27/2009
LOL, I agree Edward - let it go live happily ever after and have hot sex with your wife! Maybe Bella could just attack him? Again, liked this chapter bb. I thought it was very clever of you, and something I've never seen before, to have the other couple come to talk to them and get their advice. It has pushed his guilt right out there in the open and is something that they're going to have to really deal with now. I am very eager to read your next chapter of this. I think you have captured their feelings beautifully.
DullyBeautiful04 chapter 2 . 5/27/2009
in the end if he doesnt let go..all the guilt will overcome their love, and as bella said, it will ruin their marriage. it's sad that edward is to stubborn to look arounf and see that Bella is truly happy..i think that he needs to be somehow reminded that this was really a good thing he did, even if neither of then could control it.

Update soon, i really like this story..it gives me this sense of knowledge of what may have hapened after breaking dawn, and i like it!
gracethegal chapter 2 . 5/27/2009
though i dont like the fact that bella cant hear as well as edward and i think she would most definitely be able to hear the two talking downstairs. but i really did like this chapter and i think your story has a lot of potential. i really like that everything isnt peachy keen after she is changed, i dont like perfect happy endings, thats ridiculous :) thanks for the update, im looking forward to the next chapter
angstsmoker chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
oh i forgot to say abt chapter 2:

"It had taken years for him to clearly hear the words I had tried to say over and over, but I think the visit from Hayden and Camille finally made it sink in. {His regret was killing our marriage}."

does this quote mean: edward realises his mistake in not getting over her 'change' - has caused their marriage to suffer

ps after the bare-chested rob induced haze...

(stands up) my name is angstsmoker and i am robsessed
angstsmoker chapter 2 . 5/27/2009
their marriage seems like an obligation- on E's part... or rather thats the way it comes across as... (for now)

It's like he's just passive

no spontaneity

he can't be free unless he 'lets go' of his guilt.

i wanna whack E over the head... y'know this emo/broody edward brings my violent side (lol)

i feel like bella should leave him for abit, coz once he realises how pathetic he's being he might change...

i know i'm starting to ramble so better stop

thanks for the chapter;)
TabithaAbraham chapter 2 . 5/27/2009
That boy just doesn't know how to let the guilt go does he? Having the young vampire-human couple come and through their discussion be the catalyst that gets Bella and Edward to talk was amazing. I hope that Edward realizes just how much Bella loves him and that he needs to grow up. Love the story!
Frakking Toasters chapter 2 . 5/27/2009
You are a brave girl for posting this chapter amidst HalfNakedRobGate. Oh lordy those pictures are doing me in - how much torture can one sick with lust fangirl bear? But I digress - excellent chapter, and so so sad. Poor Edward, but poor Bella, too. LET IT GO Edward. We need you all hot and happy and schmexing it up with Bella as the true vampgirl the is - I only wish I was her.

Is it a coincidence that I made my name (on Twilighted) VampGirl? - I think not.
phoenixhunter47 chapter 2 . 5/27/2009
I felt really bad for Bella at the start. I totally got that Edward doesn't completely accept her or want her.

I felt bad that she wanted to be 'taken' with abandon. It almost sounds like when Edward is intimate with her it's because it's expected rather than his want or need of her.

Does he still love her the same way or has his guilt changed his feelings? Does he love her out of remorse or obligation? If he doesn't love himself (or his actions) then surely that will have an impact on his feelings for Bella?

I really love this short. Your writing is fantastic. Can't wait for the final installment.
chiquitin517 chapter 2 . 5/27/2009
This is so different and sad, but I can totally see Edward having gone this way after Breaking Dawn. I'm a fan of Creature of Habit, but this is really showing your versatility.
279 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »