Reviews for Imperfect Contrition
SpecialK199 chapter 2 . 6/23/2009
Oh poor dear sad Edward ... wow, when an unchanging vampire gets an idea in his head, it's hard to change his mind!
SpecialK199 chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
Oh I love it! Ths is an intriguing proposition for a story, and it makes for a delightful read. Naturally I'm gagging to hop over onto the next chapter, so ... see you in a jiffy!
2loveybunnies chapter 3 . 6/22/2009
Wow, that was awesome! I often wondered what would happen after the "happily ever after" and this is a little slice of that. Your version is so much better than my original thoughts on the possible ways Bella could have been changed. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!
infuckted chapter 2 . 6/21/2009
Wow, I was not expecting this story to be this good, honestly. I'm so glad I decided to read this and be proven wrong. I like your spin on their marriage, giving them difficulties to face and overcome just like any other married couple. I'm really loving this.
infuckted chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
This first chapter is an amazing start.
yellowipod chapter 3 . 6/13/2009
What a perfect resolution.
yellowipod chapter 2 . 6/13/2009
Now that he can't play the 'Immortal all knowing vampire' card, he resorts to becoming Poutward.

I could see another couple coming to Edward and Bella for advice.
yellowipod chapter 1 . 6/13/2009

Now how come SM couldn't write an ending like this?

Besides the fact a conflict hasn't be introduced yet, I'm pretty sure all the BD haters out there would have ate this up. I didn't exactly hate it, but I think your story sounds better.
wolvesnvamps chapter 3 . 6/9/2009

Thank you so much for writing this enormously moving story for me. You took my little prompt and turned it into a deeply affecting journey that was the perfect balance of heart-break and hope.

I was drawn in by Bella's unflinching honesty, Esme's tender empathy and Edward's unresolved guilt and grief. You seamlessly weaved them all together to create an intimate connection between them and the readers.

When I won the auction, I was excited and knew that I would be getting a terrfic story as I loved what you were doing with Creature of Habit. But you far exceeded all my expectations. Thank you again.
picklevictory chapter 3 . 6/8/2009
Wonderful - thanks so much for writing.
Twilightlvr1 chapter 3 . 6/8/2009
Ahh, Edward, finally you come around and let go of your guilt that you've been holding onto for so long. Liked his conversation with Esme and I think maybe you have a soft spot for their mother/son relationship. I know I do as well. I thought it was very clever of you for Esme to show him parts of the past. How he was before Bella and how Bella loved and accepted him even after seeing him kill Victoria in such a violent way.

I love that he finally let himself go and was able to love his wife the way she deserves to be loved. Thought it was hot the way he "attacked" her in the woods while she was hunting and then they thinned the forest a bit.

So glad that he finally came to the conclusion that he wants the strong woman that Bella has become and not the weak young girl he initially fell in love with. I know he felt guilty because Bella didn't have a choice in the way she became a vampire, but sometimes fate and destiny (as you so wisely pointed out) take a hand and some things are just meant to be. I thought this was an excellent piece of litature and it proves once again what an amazing writer you are.

Thank you to wolves&vamps for allowing you to share this with us.
Sondra Huxtable chapter 2 . 6/8/2009
OMG... I can totes hear Rasputia Lattimore from Norbit saying "Just let it go!" haha.

Um, so can I just tell you how seriously AMAZING this is! 'Cause, well, it is. I always wondered if this would happen. Because Edward is stuck the way he is. It's nice to see how it plays out in your mind.
Batgirl8968 chapter 3 . 6/7/2009
H'okay, last chapter!

You touched on some really big issues in a really short amount of time, but you made it work and handled it all really well.

"Do you want to be right or happy?" - that's what it really all breaks down to. And you showed that well, throughout the 3 chapters. Edward's conversation with Esme was harsh, but it was the reality that he needed.

I really like how you showed his acceptance of her and her change, finally not treating her as though she's breakable. Oh and by the way...HOT.

How you ended it was perfect as well. The whole story was awesome, and you did an excellent job with it! :)

~Batgirl aka BelleBlack
AnjieNet chapter 3 . 6/6/2009
Very well done. Makes me love Esme even more. Sometimes it takes a mother's wisdom to get through. Destiny - yes. *sigh* Loved this. And the sexing in the forest too!
jimemon chapter 3 . 6/6/2009