Reviews for Close to Dead
MiniLover chapter 31 . 12/6/2014
Just finished up the story. Really loved it! I found it very well written and with a nice flow to it. Very interesting characters. Just enough twists and turns to keep it interesting without getting lost. Can't wait to read more of your work.
MiniLover chapter 13 . 12/6/2014
Great story. I'm enjoying it very much so far!
Guest chapter 4 . 9/11/2014
Yes because a good fuck solves everything. I don't think I can read this story if Eric is still such a controlling self-righteous ass.
Guest chapter 3 . 9/11/2014
I know this story is years old and very much complete but I hope Sookie asks him exactly how much more his "love" is going to get her hurt.
vangrrl chapter 23 . 1/19/2014
I had a bad feeling that it was all for the cameras ... sigh ...
vangrrl chapter 31 . 1/19/2014
Thank you so much for all your hard work on this tale - it was a wonderful read!
vangrrl chapter 30 . 1/19/2014
What a beautifully written chapter - she finally figured out what she wanted. I loved the look on his face when she said 'home'.
vangrrl chapter 11 . 1/19/2014
Wow, I never thought he would say that ... but maybe this is a good thing so she can examine her true feelings?
vangrrl chapter 6 . 1/19/2014
Grab some lemon juice and a spray bottle, Sookie! :)
vangrrl chapter 5 . 1/19/2014
Sam, the ever faithful and loyal Sam, always watching out for her whether she knows it or not ...
Northman Maille chapter 31 . 11/11/2013
I've just worked out what Dramione is :)

I do hope you write that sequel one day, you've made such a beautiful job of this story, I'd love to read it.

Hunter would certainly solve the childless issue, although there is bound to be some drama associated with Remy's death. Who would kill him and why? This is what you do best, intrigue and drama with a great attention to detail.

What must I do in order to persuade you? I have lovely grammar, I've just proved it! Name your price and it shall be yours.

Thank you.
Northman Maille chapter 30 . 11/11/2013
You read my mind didn't you? They are going to do normal things, talk and joke with each other, that's great. So good I have almost forgiven him for the jibe about the crossword. If a man continually spoke to me that way I'd have to assume he either didn't like me, or women in general. Eric doesn't seem to suffer from low self esteem, it's a conundrum.

It's never good to listen to the one negative review in a sea of good ones, when people keep reading (as I have) then it's obvious they like what they read. I'm sure you know you'll never please all the people, but you can only write your own vision, sometimes with the help of others like my dear friend NYC. That's what us beta readers love doing best :)
Northman Maille chapter 28 . 11/11/2013
I take it back, she can talk to Iain. I thought Larkin had Iain turned first, to see if it worked? Or have I remembered that wrongly?

I wish Eric would stop correcting her grammar, it's very rude and pedantic, and a bit rich coming from a man who doesn't know what pedantic means!
Northman Maille chapter 27 . 11/11/2013
I don't get either of them by this point. Sookie does the opposite of everything he says, like questioning Larkin, and Eric gets angry whether he's right or wrong. And in all this they haven't once had a conversation, just an ordinary, every day getting to know each other chat. It's all arguing, teasing, lying or sex. If you knew a couple like this you'd say they only stayed together because they like the drama, both attention seekers, and you would advise them to split and never see each other again.

The only time they've ever communicated like normal people was when Eric was cursed by Hallow. Even then Eric didn't know anything of his past so their chats were all about Sookie's interpretation.

I wonder who Sookie does talk to? Her only family is Jason and he's selfish, Sam wants her for himself, ditto Alcide, Quinn and Bill, and she has no female friends she's close to. No girly chats or nights out, Pam is the nearest thing to a female friend now and she's on Eric's side.

It's a disaster.