Reviews for Fulcrum
Almicene chapter 9 . 6/23/2009
Very excellent characterization. You make the relationship between Darken Rahl and Kahlan very believable, not rushed at all. The last few chapters I was getting a little tired of her prison cell setting (seemed like everything was taking place there), so I am glad you've moved on to more interesting settings.

The only part of this chapter that seemed out of place was Kahlan's reaction to Darken after the first time. 'You disgust me' seems like an odd way to earn his affection/trust. I realize that she couldn't seem ecstatic if she wanted him to believe her gradual warming to him. But at the same time that seems to directly antagonize him. I would have expected something more along the lines of pretending to regret the situation/pretending to be angry at herself. Maybe you were trying for more a love/hate line, but it didn't mesh (for me anyways) with her gradual semi-romantic feelings for him.

This story is a bit of a guilty pleasure in wanting Darken/Kahlan to work out. But I will love this story pretty much no matter what you do with it as you have quite the talent in developing the story line and characters at an appropriate pace.

I feel that Kahlan - Rahl is a better match up than Kahlan - Richard, because Rahl can actually match her sharp intellect which you have developed quite well. It's more subtle in the TV series, but I'm glad you've shown it off here. He makes her reconsider what she thought she knew, and she interjects more humanity and remorse in him.

Keep up the good work!
kookey chapter 9 . 6/23/2009
Ohh boy, this is getting exciting. Quite a twist from the actual finale, so I'm interested as to how this is all going to pan out, especially for Kahlan and Darken.

One question: have you read the actual Sword of Truth series?

Great job, yet again!
WhiteRose621 chapter 9 . 6/23/2009
A great chapter, but I am still confused. Is Kahlan really in love with Rahl or just brainwashed?

Update fast.
Svelte Rose chapter 9 . 6/23/2009
Generally, I'd have a pretty go idea of where a story is going...

Not with yours. And it's absolutely awesome because having been with you for these last nigh chapters, I know each additional chapter is going to be just as awesome as the last.

Can't wait to read the next one! I wonder how the whole transferring of bonds is going to work out...
incoherent-and-bitter chapter 9 . 6/22/2009
Wonderful.

T.T.F.N.

- iNkY
safa'at keruth chapter 9 . 6/22/2009
YES! Kahlan escaped! And it seems like she loves Richard after all! I really hope she does, I despise Darken Rahl. *celebrates* Anyway, I like how you included the bond in the story. Also when Kahlan mentioned that it protects the D'Harans from something I almost laughed. To a person who has read the books, it was like saying, "DREAMWALKERS! HINT HINT!"
JainaZekk621 chapter 9 . 6/22/2009
This is great! _
Mama Darkness chapter 9 . 6/22/2009
Thank you for updating now please update again soon. I am hooked on this story, I reallu do love it. But please let Kahlan go back to Darken. Also let her be pregnant with his daughter - seeing as we know how the son turned out - and her finding out about it in the next chapter
Darken and Kahlan's daughter chapter 9 . 6/22/2009
Cool. When the gange go to the peoples palace so that Richard can take over and Darken step down and have a normal life, Darken should show Richard just how much he knows about Kahlan's body and her pleasures. So in other words seduce her infront of the gang. Also after Richard offically takes over Kahlan should leave with Darken, hay she could even be pregnant at this very moment - in the fanfic, not real life - with their daughter or daughters.
foxfire of the marsh chapter 9 . 6/22/2009
Ah! Cliffhanger! Loved this chapter and Kahlan's plan. Since she escaped are we still gonna have Darken's viewpoint described? I've grown quite fond of him :)
triana chapter 9 . 6/22/2009
Another excellent chapter! Thank you for quick update. I was constantly madly refreshing just to be aware of new update :) I'm so hooked ... you should be writer for the show *not kidding* :P I'm enjoying in your dialogs between Kahlan and Rahl, full of wit and good points by both side. You showed so much complexity in Rahl's character, which I adore, because he isn't just "some bad guy" who wants world for herself, he is what world(his father) made of him, and he is very aware of that fact, and want in child of his own to pass love and kindness to become not like ... o boy, I liked K/R sexytime, a lot. :)) more? Actually, I pretty much adore everything what include Kahlan, she is so intrigue character. Please never stop this story... and, do I need to say? - update soon :) Cheers!
Alianncox chapter 9 . 6/22/2009
waw. what a great chapter again! I just can imagine how angry Rahl has to be! I'm glad that Kahlan did wat she did, but now to be honest I hope a little that she will be back again :p (you know where :D) I know you don't want to kill me :p And I'm for sure are hooked to this story!
Alianncox chapter 8 . 6/20/2009
Oh god! You surely want to kill me! how could you end like that ! :p (just kidding) Again a great chapter! And because you didn't let her go I loved it even more! great chapter!
WhiteRose621 chapter 8 . 6/20/2009
Wait, Kahlan and Rahl are together or Kahlan is going back to Richard and Zedd? I am slightly confused...

Despite my confusion, a great chapter. Update asap!
PirateKnightoftheRings chapter 8 . 6/20/2009
Ok, so just a few things I have to say about this chapter

1. Awesome and well written as always

2. Kahlan still loves Richard, right?

3. Eww, eww, eww! I know the show did it too but still! Poor, poor Kahlan!
116 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »