Reviews for Shikigami
Kurokatana64 chapter 29 . 9/18
Too amazing that's the only two word I can think of to summarize this. I just love this fanfic so much and the lemon parts are just stunning. It's definitely one of the most high quality lemons I read. The developments of the characters and how Allen and kanda grown to be close to each other is very detailed and accurate in my opinion. I seriously just read this in four hours, that's not only because of my ability to read fast but mainly because you my dear author is just too amazing that no word that can describe how fantastic you are. The only thing I regret is that I couldn't have find this fanfic earlier.
The-Melancholic-Muffin chapter 29 . 9/15
Update: I just read the ~real~ last chapter and I'm not crying, you're crying asgfdhbkjs I love it so so much
The-Melancholic-Muffin chapter 28 . 9/15
This was really good! I loved it a lot.
The idea is interesting and the way it kind of parallels with canon is nicely done. Kanda and Allen's relationship is well written, and the development of their feelings is paced excellently. The smut was good ;o Very very nice~
I personally feel like the ending was a bit rushed, but that's probably because I fell in love with this and didn't want it to end.
Your writing visibly gets better throughout the story! Reading this and watching it grow was a lot of fun.
This is one of my favorite fics now, and I'll definitely be looking at more works from you!
thequandaryofbeingme chapter 29 . 7/22
okay wow. confession time: I stopped reading somewhere in the earlier chapters cos' I read the reviews and was really curious about the ending, so I skipped straight to the second last chapter. And wow. Just wow. Somehow, the feels just struck me. It shouldn't have been possible considering that I wasn't that engrossed in the story to be having the feels yet, but reading the last two chapters, I had a serious attack of the feels.
The way you wrote the second last chapter was great, how we never see Kanda doing something OOC as breaking into tears etc over Allen's death. Instead we see flashes of Kanda like his hair and clothes that made us readers think subconsciously that Kanda will always be there. For me, that brief description of Kanda being in the shadows overlooking Allen's grave made me believe that he would be there everyday as a silent protector, or maybe be drawn there to seek comfort.
And that last chapter! I love the way you didn't use any names at all. The description was enough for us to know it's Kanda and Allen, and it showed that no matter what happened they would always be able to find each other throughout time and space. Beautiful, just purely beautiful. And it gave me such intense feels, as if I have been through an journey with them and finally reached the part where they lived happily ever after (forever).
Kudos to your writing style!
Yootjje chapter 29 . 4/17
Okay, wow.
awesome story. the ending made me sad, but with all supernatural stories, the immortalty situation comes up. with that i think you did very well. if they had lived happily ever after, allen would have died anyway in time. now you have given us a sort of fated lovers thing that will last forever, i like it.
the plot was amazing, im jealous and i hope to read more of you in the future!
Hi I understand this was posted long ago and I read this in 2 days but you are a amazing writer and this has to be my favorite yullen fic of all time thank you for this
Minute-Maid511 chapter 29 . 12/15/2015
Okay, so: I read all of this in about two days. As someone who also writes that makes me sad, because I wish I could write things like this, be done in two days, and reap the accolades of 3 years worth of effort. If only that were the case. So I can see a lot of thorough effort went into pulling this all together into something that looks cohesive all the way through straight from the beginning (and if it wasn't, more props to you—because stories so often have a tendency to just go wherever and the plot becomes such a train wreck it's a hassle to pick up and write/read again that they're often left unfinished). It read as one piece and it looks like one piece, which is more than I can say for like 99% of fanfiction in general, popular or not. Most importantly: It's completed.

I suppose my only real comment about the story was that Lavi and Lenalee felt like the "token friends"; Lenalee more than Lavi. And I was okay with that. It worked well here. I split a grin when Cross showed up finally. And I like how I was able to split the story mostly into arcs of a sort. That was really nice.

And so, in light of all of the above (but mostly because I enjoyed it so much I read it in two days, throwing everything else to the back burner), I thought I'd review and tell you how wonderful it was to read this, because I know that getting these are always nice, even after the fact. And good work should always be rewarded somehow—and this is definitely good work.

TL;DR I really enjoyed it a lot.

- MM
inuyashamunkey chapter 29 . 11/22/2015
PLEASE WRITE A SEQUEL
MesuNeko chapter 29 . 11/6/2015
OH MY GOD I WOULD LIKE YOU TO KNOW HOW MUCH I HATE (LOVE) YOU NOW. It was so great story. Plot was good, but a bit too fast at the end. BUT YOUR YULLEN RELATIONSHIP IS AWESOME. It's so natural! Kanda is so like real Hoshino-san's Kanda, Allen a little bit OOC, but just sometimes. But their relationship is so good! Not sweet, gentle, and some romantic shit, it was harsh, rough, brutal, vulgar... just like real love-hate relationship. Great Job! And the end of story.. I knowed that someone is going to die. at first, i thought that would be EVERYONE exept Kanda and Allen. BUT YOU DO THIS! YOU KILLED MY PRECIOUS SINNAMON ROLL! AND I HATE YOU FOR THIS. BUT THAT SCENE WITH DYING ALLEN, HOLDED BY KANDA IT WAS SO SAD, SWEET, AND SOMETHING LIKE THIS! AGHHHHHH... *calm down, calm down* Ending chapter. New history, new centyry, something like that. A reincarnation. So damm typical. But i cried. And it's your faul, dear author. And you should know, that while I write this, im suffering, crying and doing many other sad shit. It was awesome. And i hate (love) you for it. please, keep writing.
jy24 chapter 29 . 10/20/2015
This is a really nice story of the two of them, wondering will you make more of this kind of Man fanfic? Liked with familiars and their wizards or witches?
Wakahisa Hikari chapter 29 . 10/2/2015
Absolutely stunning. I can't even put any words to describe this. While reading the summary and chapter one, I already know that this is gonna be such an interesting story. I admit that I don't really like Allen's personality in his love life because it slow things down. Some chapters just make me feels as though they're sex buddies. Sorry, but I think of Allen as an ass. BUT, Kanda is also being an ass too, so that's fair. Also, minus times minus equals plus, right? Hehe, thus making them sooooo ferfect *insert fangirl squealing here, and long*

I would love it for you to make a sequel for Shikigami where it's telling the story of future Allen and Kanda's relationships. I ship them so much. And please don't make it sad. The last chapter before the epilogue was so sad. But thank you that you don't write something as cliché as turning Allen into a demon, or something. You made an actual Allen's 'promised' death as stated in earlier chapters. And I really love you for that.

This story really making me hanging on the edge of the seat (not actually sitting but you get it). I really LOVE the epilogue. When the reincarnated Allen meets Kanda, suddenly everything seems to stop, even time. Everything they hear is their beating heart, slow but fast. Eager to embrace each other, even though they just met. Reincarnated Allen feels that everything seems so right and he knew that Kanda is the right person. The one. Feels of nostalgia. Weeelll... at least that's what running trough my mind after I finished reading your story. Sorry if I make my own sentences of their reunion. It's still attached to my mind. Really.

I want to thank you for all of your hardwork while writing/typing this story. And thank you for the inspiration to write yullen, though not M rated. Thank you for all of it. Btw, can I make a poetry about this story? I really inspired to write poems for this. It's just so romantic and sad. Even while I'm typing this, words are just flying through my mind. Please let me know. And can I post it here too? This will be my starting point and my first published writings. Sorry for asking too many things at once and for the long review.

Sincerely,
Hikari Wakahisa
animefan106 chapter 29 . 8/9/2015
It's been three years since this story has been finished and I only find it now and am glad to have binge read this in one night. Allen's and Kanda's bond goes beyond intimacy and attraction and it is a wonderful development to see. I don't get to see such relationships often in fics and the trust they slowly start to have for each other and always watching over the other in the most important of times is needed. Allen finally reveals his true feelings to someone. Kanda doesn't provide sympathy or empathy or compassion but instead chooses to let Allen learn to deal with it himself instead of depending on others or digging a bigger hole for himself. Not that Kanda really cares but, you know, it's nice to see Kanda be a bit more considerate.

I like how Allen loses his memories of his past three years at the temple. Those insecurities are what hinders him from being emotionally stable and he needs that stability to control his powers. Of course there was the counterpart of the curse (I felt like sobbing when he actually died) and that instability with his mind was his savior and downfall. I just... Hnnnggghhhh, I really love character development... The fact those insecurities disappeared and how Kanda allows Allen memories with him to return was very endearing in its own way but also very... solemn for lack of better words.

I think the epilogue was nice. A bit short but overall, a simple yet heartbreaking conclusion and was subtle in a way that just tears my heart apart. I'm just a sucker for angst fics and love seeing my heart getting ripped apart because that just means a story instills in me strong emotions in response to the incredible writing and plot and characters.

Rather than just awesome or amazing, I think you a brilliant writer. The third person omniscient kind of confused a bit when Allen and Kanda were together doing intimate things and sometimes I'm confused as of who you're talking about from which character's mind but then again, I read this from 8PM to 5AM so I'm probably really tired and might not have grasped all those details. That's an oops on my part but I really couldn't put the fic away so you did wonderfully!

Thank you very much for all of your hard work!

- animefan106
4everthepokefan chapter 29 . 8/3/2015
I think of Demi Lavato's "Here we go again" everything I read this fic... XD
This is really a good story. I couldn't stop reading. Seriously, I got in trouble at dinner because I had my phone at the table reading it. You did really good.
withoutwingsx chapter 29 . 5/26/2015
This made up for the epilogue and more haha. Great read! I started two hours ago and just finished with no breaks besides my heart. Beautifully written, great job conveying the characters and keeping them within character while also creating a successful AU. I commend you!
XavierForest chapter 29 . 4/4/2015
HALLELUJA! That was awesome!
It was great the way you clipped some of your sentences real short to get the meaning better across (if you can understand that...heh)
Thanks for the phantasmagorical read!
1,462 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »