Reviews for Dumbo
Idreamofivan chapter 1 . 3/12/2017
I love it when Dean tells Sam what to do and Sam obeys him like he was his kid more than his brother, that is actually one of my favorite things to watch in the show...
Stephanie Carole889 chapter 1 . 12/19/2016
Aww! Too cute! "His real name is Simba"! I love it!
ccase13 chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
Dean's vaguely remembered version of the Dumbo story is touching.

I always wondered if Ruby's comment about the feather meant Sam had power without the demon blood and that she addicted and debased him only because she was really evil.
MissDoctorDonna chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
*claps hands in delight* I thought Dean's spin on the Dumbo story and the correlation between it and their lives was brilliant. I can totally see the scene as I'm reading. Well done.
Desertfyre chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Aww, wonderful story! Total botch of the Disney characters, but it was funny and made lots of sense.

Loved it!
JediMagnet09 chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Oh. This story totally had me in tears. Gosh, that was so sweet. I love Dean helping Sam, being on Sam's side, being Sam's BROTHER again. I don't like where they've taken the show. I mean, I only watched really for the brotherly moments, the love they showed for each other and now? Well...yeah. Not so much of that anymore. I don't like the new mean Dean and Sam's just...weird. *sigh* Anyway, I loved your story, it was a good return to the good ol' boys! :)
LittleLurker chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
Lovely, cute little story. No idea how you always come up with such great ideas.

Loved how Dean and Sam manage to have whole conversations without saying anything and also loved Bobby's 'why don't you fix this while I'm gone?' look. ...and, of course, the entire re-telling of Dumbo. LOVED how Dean kept going even though he didn't remember much and totally messed up the names, but hey, he got the important stuff right. And I so

LOVED how he told Sam what his real gift was, even though he wasn't sure if it was the right choice, or the right thing to tell Sam to make him better.

This was beautiful:

He didn't say anything though, tears filled his eyes and - oh Sammy his chin trembled - please tell me I'm not making this worse for you.

"Sammy - your gift, the one that means the most to me, is that no matter what a dick I am, how bad I treat you or misunderstand you or no matter what I've ever done, you still call me your brother, you still call yourself my brother. Man, that's flying."

...and, as always, the ending was perfect - made me feel all tingly... Thanks loads for writing this!

Cheers, Daniela
Angel's Rest chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
I love that description of Sam's "taking up space" look. And Dean fumbling his way through the story of Dumbo. Hee! And Dean cluing Sam in on what his gift is. Very nice!
sholot chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
aw, I love it when dean helps makes sam's broken world better, even if it's just a start like in this one. love it when sam returns the favor for dean when he needs some help.

the whole dumbo story was cute, makes me want to go watch that movie again. and dean's comparisons were fun. lol, dean was mother elephant, how sweet. glad sammy is on the start to healing.

great story, as always. thanks for sharing!
Micaiah chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
Aw, that just made me tear up. *sniff* I hated how Ruby called Sam Dumbo. I love Dean's version of the story. You are such a good writer.
TheKritty chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
Oh that was just so freakin' cute! It never occured to me that the story of Dumbo can be seen as something like the ...plot of sn *lol* But it's there...Mother Elephant as Dean and Sammy as lill Dumbo and so on. Great idea, really!

Hahaa, and Dean screwed it really up with all the Disney names - I so love him for that *rofl* And Sam's reaction...

Great story! And it felt good to read something where the brothers are actually TOGETHER, after the freakin finale...*sighs*

Greetings from germany,

Kritty
supernaturaldh chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Man, this was an awesome story. I loved it.
ilaria84 chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
this story is perfect!thanks a lot!
marinawings chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
absolutely beautiful. i smiled the entire time. sometimes it was a bittersweet smile. sometimes it was a crooked, sarcastic smile. sometimes it was an aw smile. dean and sam-so very dean and sam. i love the dean taking care of sammy aspect of this story. lots of this reminded me of when i was little and used to tell my little bro and sis bedtime stories and camp out beside their beds when they were scared... yeah, anyways-awesomeness. i could totally see sam and dean's expressions as i read and hear their voices. love it.
Poaetpainter chapter 1 . 5/22/2009