Reviews for Though A Bird Can't Fly, That Doesn't Mean It Never Will
Huh, it gives me no small amusement that Kuina was actually right about Sanji in a certain way. I'd almost think you planned it.
StormLord654 chapter 1 . 7/5
Love this story. freakin awesome
TheRealSquibbyJ chapter 10 . 2/9
I really think you are one of the more creative people on FFnet. No one ever follows canon from a marine ship, and it's really a very interesting topic. Good Job!
fakescorpion chapter 18 . 1/28
This story is extremely well-written, with so much care for the source material. I love it. Seeing the events unfold from the marines' perspective is so interesting, it expanded the universe of One Piece in a way similar to Film Z, and in even more detail and depth. Thank you so much for writing this amazing story, and I have to say Captain "Barkskin" Briggs is definitely my favorite character in this fic.

I love all the logical little details added into this story, and the many marine soldiers' relationships with each other, such as Lt. Drake and Diez "X" Drake. I love that Smoker, Hina, and Briggs are those type of friends that know each other forever. and they have DFs that are a logia, a paramecia, and a zoan respectively. because that is just something I can see exist in canon, I am half-convinced Briggs is a canon character lol

I worry for Doc Francis, since I have a strong feeling I know who his daughter is... . I'm also looking forward to seeing Piers and Helmeppo's awkward reunion post-Enies Lobby, cause that would be sooo hilarious! Speaking of Enies Lobby, the marines receiving the Buster Call order from "Admiral Aokiji" to bomb Enies Lobby is sooo freaking funny. They were all like ? but weirder things happen in GL.

Sad that you're most likely not going to update this story again. but still, thank you for writing it.
doubledamn chapter 10 . 5/2/2016
So who's got the wilder imagination when it comes to Luffy, canon Boa Hancock, or your Kunia?
angiewan328 chapter 10 . 3/24/2016
yaasss slay she can read thoughts and memories now
Thorn D. Cinni chapter 3 . 3/16/2016
I love that tiny part about Zoro being lost.
tanithlipsky chapter 18 . 9/21/2015
good fic. I love it.
bbgh2424 chapter 4 . 7/27/2015
I have no words at 2:45am in the morning to describe how beautiful these first few chapters are. I have always been exasperated by the stupid "Kuina is alive" fanfics that never added anything new to the story, and pulled out some stupid romance stuff between Kuina and Zoro that is definitely NOT canon. I love how you characterized Kuina here; I am absolutely in love with her, and I cannot wait to see her develop as a woman, a swordsman, and a character that I as a reader can come to know and appreciate and respect. Thank you for creating this piece!
MBScavenger1498 chapter 18 . 5/21/2015
This is quite possibly the best One Piece fan fiction I have thus far read. You've done good job of making Kuina a developed and separate character, changed the plot, and got in some good analysis on canon characters in the process. And best of all, despite bringing a sense of roundedness to this story that canon sometimes seems to lack, you've also maintained the sense of humor of the original.

Hope to see more soon,

Scavenger
Guest chapter 6 . 5/11/2015
This is hilarious! So great
archsage328 chapter 18 . 4/30/2015
Spent the last two days reading this, and what a great read it has been! Such wonderful, wonderful fun! Such fantastic humor, action, and drama! The way you've had Kuina (and Zoro) develop has been outright fascinating, and while you've definitely gone about the plot in a fairly different manner than the source material, it still captures that fantastic spirit. And while I may not like everything you chose to do, include, exclude, etc., the execution and the results are always something I can't help but appreciate and respect. Though admittedly, a large part of that is because I've been getting an even bigger kick from the things you have changed, especially the new characters accompanying Kuina, Smoker, and Tashigi.

You've said that Piers is based on a nameless character in the source material that you decided to expand upon immensely, and while that's not unheard of in fan fiction, success can definitely vary from case to case. I've tried it myself in one of my own stories, and while I've definitely seen worse, I still intent to go back and improve upon what I started. However, what you pulled off here are the strokes of a master. Despite having very little material to work with, you went and transformed a nameless marine into an awkward, naive, and well-meaning motormouth who comes across as someone I might know in real life and yet still fits in so well with the world of One Piece. Similar story with Briggs. A stubborn adult who knows how to use words way too well and can get under a person's skin with moments of meeting them, but is not without a sense of charm, morals, and other positive traits, Briggs comes across as a far more complex individual then he lets on. He pulls of the difficult balance of being insufferable to the point of wishing you could ditch him, but interesting and competent enough that you wish to keep him around just as much.

All in all, I've begun to truly enjoy this story, and am very much looking forward to what you have in store for the audience. I have no idea when you'll be able to update again, but I'm willing to wait as long as necessary for a story this well-written and engaging!
Yuuzhan Vong Jedi chapter 18 . 4/7/2015
"Quartermaster Skinflint?" Wow, I hope that's a nickname or, to quote None Piece "My parents hated me!"

DUN DUN DUN! Quickly Captain Briggs! You must save the woman you love! Or at least get to her before she and T-bone die from exposure to the elements. Oh quit trying to deny it, we know you love her.

I'm so sad that it ends on a cliffhanger like this. Hope you'll be back soon!
Yuuzhan Vong Jedi chapter 16 . 4/7/2015
Yes Zoro. It's the fact that pirates are mopping their floors, not the fact that there are pirates in their base. Definitely the mopping.

And the plot thickens. DUN DUN DUN!
Yuuzhan Vong Jedi chapter 15 . 4/6/2015
Factual Justice. I like it! And it is SO Briggs style. Incidentally, ever since I first read Briggs name, all I can think about it "The Northern Wall of Briggs" from FMA and then I start picturing Briggs leaning on a sword with long blonde hair over one eye and pink sparkles. Wait, Briggs last name isn't Armstrong is it? :)

Also, Season 2, YAH!