Reviews for Better Luck Next Time
Dragonjek chapter 1 . 11/3
Better luck next time, indeed.

No matter how much he tried, there's no way Shinji could become that suave, manipulative, and talented if this was only his second time through life. He's socially stunted. Hell, even at the end he doesn't really know what's actually happening at Nerv.

This can't have been his first reset. And the likelihood of the very specific events needed to give Shinji a choice to stop Instrumentality repeating in each reset with all the changes he'd make are pretty much nonexistent. Maybe this was supposed to be his big "get everything right" run-through. What a bad ending.

But... thank you, Gendo. Your need to gloat will be/was your undoing. Shinji now knows of the countermeasures you can take against his changes, and has pinpointed what he did wrong. He *must* have the ability to reset time, and he only needs two or three more repeats, now.

One repeat to learn acting from Kaji.
One repeat (certain to have an early death) where he figures out how to operate the Rei machines.
Then, he makes another go at getting the "Golden Ending". And making sure to convince Rei to upload her present self into the entire Reiquarium, and overwright the Dummy Plugs.

Just so you know, if you say anything suggesting that this really is the end of the line for Shinji, I will ignore you with a heretofore unmatched degree of willful ignorance.
ni'htknygt chapter 1 . 10/14
Marvelooooooouuuuussss. This is just... Great. No really, this is awesome. Spitting into ol' Peggy's face.
Exodite chapter 1 . 4/20
Actually, he could have fed the old man a yarn about how he himself lectured him on "Yeah, I screwed up royally. Here's the information you need. Whatever you do, don't tell past me unless you absolutely have to, because back then I was kind of a dick. Now get out of here!"
Edmulla chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
Heh. This was pretty awesome. I like how you made gendo a bit proud of shinjis progress. Along with all the parts about how despite his progress the way shinji carries out things in these fics is absolutely retarted. It would be cool for shinji to reset again and seek out his fathers help in all this insanity that is EVANGELION. That would be cool. Well I don't really have any questions or anything just really like the fic. I'll definetly check out your other stuff too.
What chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
NarwhalWarlord chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
Good work. I always hated LoopFics for how OOC Gendo is in them. This is perfect - rather more realistic, interesting, and thematically akin to the original source material.

Love it.

Great stuff!
Ibskib chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
It doesn't really make me feel much better, but the the summary is darkly amusing after one has read the fic.
diamondace4 chapter 1 . 9/11/2013 should o Post this entire story as a review to Neon Genesis Evangelion Redux
Crow667 chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
so is there any fic in specific you made this on or you just wanted to show the magnificent bastard that is gendo motherfuckin ikari thanks! keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
nekuromansa000 chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
KILO151998 chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
Love it, Love it, Love it!:-{)
IveGotNoIdea chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
"Unfortunately for you, I'm just better at it."
"Thanks dad for this Villain Monologue, it took me seven retries to get it. Now could you kill me so I get back to moment Misato meets me in Tokyo-3? I now know everything I needed to defeat you. What? Why are you so surprised? Did you truly believe that person you wanted me to become would be able to do everything I did? And you call yourself a master manipulator? It's my 87th retry if you wish to know. Now kill me so I can go to 88th and kick your ass."

Your 'Standard MKI Cannon Shinji" would never be able to do all this after 26 episodes of NGE, unless he gets some divine support (in which case Gendo will still loose due to some deus ex machina) he would need multiple 'retries' to become sane and competent person you portrayed here.
Heart of Virgo chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
You took the cliche time travel plot line for Evangelion, and made Gendo the winner. Congratulations, I didn't think anybody else gave Gendo the credit he deserves. He didn't reach where he is today by being an incompetent moron who is unable to adapt.
I-En-Tee-Jay chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Fuck yes, finally, what actually would have happened with all that juvenile BS sprouted by other Peggy Sue fics.