Reviews for Better Luck Next Time
NarwhalWarlord chapter 1 . 1/23
Good work. I always hated LoopFics for how OOC Gendo is in them. This is perfect - rather more realistic, interesting, and thematically akin to the original source material.

Love it.

Great stuff!
Ibskib chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
It doesn't really make me feel much better, but the the summary is darkly amusing after one has read the fic.
diamondace4 chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
damn...dude...damn...you should o Post this entire story as a review to Neon Genesis Evangelion Redux
Crow667 chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
so is there any fic in specific you made this on or you just wanted to show the magnificent bastard that is gendo motherfuckin ikari thanks! keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
Fufufufufufufufufufufufufufu!
nekuromansa000 chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
Nice
KILO151998 chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
Love it, Love it, Love it!:-{)
IveGotNoIdea chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
"Unfortunately for you, I'm just better at it."
"Thanks dad for this Villain Monologue, it took me seven retries to get it. Now could you kill me so I get back to moment Misato meets me in Tokyo-3? I now know everything I needed to defeat you. What? Why are you so surprised? Did you truly believe that person you wanted me to become would be able to do everything I did? And you call yourself a master manipulator? It's my 87th retry if you wish to know. Now kill me so I can go to 88th and kick your ass."

Your 'Standard MKI Cannon Shinji" would never be able to do all this after 26 episodes of NGE, unless he gets some divine support (in which case Gendo will still loose due to some deus ex machina) he would need multiple 'retries' to become sane and competent person you portrayed here.
Heart of Virgo chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
You took the cliche time travel plot line for Evangelion, and made Gendo the winner. Congratulations, I didn't think anybody else gave Gendo the credit he deserves. He didn't reach where he is today by being an incompetent moron who is unable to adapt.
I-En-Tee-Jay chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Fuck yes, finally, what actually would have happened with all that juvenile BS sprouted by other Peggy Sue fics.
Ranma-sensei chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
Ouch!

Maybe Shinji needs more practice at being the Peggy Sue?
MAI742 chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
A good piece. An interesting premise - a deconstruction of the 'fixit fic' - executed in a satisfactory manner.

However, it has its problems.

Batman40k put it very well when pointed out that Gendo really knows more than he should - assuming Shinji never told anyone, of course - as there are many more rational explanations for the boy's behaviour.

Archnecromancer King had a point when he called Gendo an evil faux-genius, but that is neither here nor there.

More importantly, Ovrboost pointed out that it's not like Gendo to be so forward with anyone, period. His need to gloat in unnecessary detail goes against what we see of his character. Though unnecessarily verbose, his monologue did constitute an entertaining take-that against the fics you targeted.

I confess disappointment to find that you wrote this concept out already! Still, you did a decent job and I'm happy to see it up here.
lord of the land of fire chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Even the power of time travel pales in comparison to the magnificent bastardness that is Gendo Ikari.
Fresh C chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
On one hand, this was a very interesting read. Seeing Gendo's reaction to a peggy-sue Shinji is fun, though I'm not sure whether he would rant on like this or not. Perhaps he felt he owed it to his son to explain how he knew everything out of some twisted form of parental pride, but I could just as easilly see him not letting Shinji know anything, just in case the boy somehow was able to time travel again and find a way to ruin his plans with the added knowledge of how he would react.

The downside to this story is that now I'll never be able to read another time travel fic without thinking that this is exactly what would happen to Shinji if he tried to do what he always seems to try to do in time travel fics. (Good job of hitting all the cliche's by the way). You've basically ruined a genre of stories for me... but I suppose if it was this easy to ruin them, then maybe they ought to be ruined anyways.
Caveat Lector 52 chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
I love peggy-sue deconstructions, but that was just brutal (in a really awesome way).