Reviews for Better Luck Next Time
Gur40goku chapter 1 . 6/24
Kaworu death is the only part that I think needs work poison food or gas combined with continues gun fire would slowly but surely kill him and seem more manipulative bastardec but your line of "In a world of mecha, Angels, and time travel, is it really so hard a thing to believe?" made me stop complaining though honestly took me an hour to post this though my counter is this:Kaworu is Adam's soul Gendo has Adam fused to his hand which he used to kill Kaworu ergo Gendo just fucked himself this time from the other predecessor
Lovely. This fic excellently ribs on how out of character Gendo is in all those Peggy Sue eva fics. Buuuuut, he's just as out of character in this one as in those. Obviously Gendo would never gloat as much as he does in this fic or be as crass about it, but that's neither here nor there, as the former is necessary for the framing device, and the latter is necessary to keep the fic in the realm of dark comedy rather than just being straight up depressing. The real issue however is that even if Gendo is better than he is usually portrayed in these kinds of fics, he isn't as good as he's portrayed as being here. This is still the same man who LOST spectacularly in EoE, the same man who, in his quest to be reunited with his wife did everything in his power to make her hate him, the same man who would have been blown to bits by had he not gotten extraordinarily lucky, the same man who, in his dying moments, regrets everything and reveals himself to be just as insecure as the the rest of the cast. Throughout the TV series Gendo demonstrated little else than some great skill at manipulating a small group of people and an ability to adjust for small deviations to his scenario, an impressive repertoire when compared to the purely political skills of SEELE, but one that would ultimately prove insufficient. But yeah, I'm probably overthinking it.
NarutoSpardaUzumaki chapter 1 . 4/22
Awesome. Really shows that Gendo isn't an idiot like in most Time-Travel EVA fanfic where he doesn't suspect anything...
aegisZero chapter 1 . 3/6
Damn. Poor Shinji and everyone else.
Dragonjek chapter 1 . 11/3/2015
Better luck next time, indeed.

No matter how much he tried, there's no way Shinji could become that suave, manipulative, and talented if this was only his second time through life. He's socially stunted. Hell, even at the end he doesn't really know what's actually happening at Nerv.

This can't have been his first reset. And the likelihood of the very specific events needed to give Shinji a choice to stop Instrumentality repeating in each reset with all the changes he'd make are pretty much nonexistent. Maybe this was supposed to be his big "get everything right" run-through. What a bad ending.

But... thank you, Gendo. Your need to gloat will be/was your undoing. Shinji now knows of the countermeasures you can take against his changes, and has pinpointed what he did wrong. He *must* have the ability to reset time, and he only needs two or three more repeats, now.

One repeat to learn acting from Kaji.
One repeat (certain to have an early death) where he figures out how to operate the Rei machines.
Then, he makes another go at getting the "Golden Ending". And making sure to convince Rei to upload her present self into the entire Reiquarium, and overwright the Dummy Plugs.

Just so you know, if you say anything suggesting that this really is the end of the line for Shinji, I will ignore you with a heretofore unmatched degree of willful ignorance.
ni'htknygt chapter 1 . 10/14/2015
Marvelooooooouuuuussss. This is just... Great. No really, this is awesome. Spitting into ol' Peggy's face.
Exodite chapter 1 . 4/20/2015
Actually, he could have fed the old man a yarn about how he himself lectured him on "Yeah, I screwed up royally. Here's the information you need. Whatever you do, don't tell past me unless you absolutely have to, because back then I was kind of a dick. Now get out of here!"
Edmulla chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
Heh. This was pretty awesome. I like how you made gendo a bit proud of shinjis progress. Along with all the parts about how despite his progress the way shinji carries out things in these fics is absolutely retarted. It would be cool for shinji to reset again and seek out his fathers help in all this insanity that is EVANGELION. That would be cool. Well I don't really have any questions or anything just really like the fic. I'll definetly check out your other stuff too.
What chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
what.
NarwhalWarlord chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
Good work. I always hated LoopFics for how OOC Gendo is in them. This is perfect - rather more realistic, interesting, and thematically akin to the original source material.

Love it.

Great stuff!
Ibskib chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
It doesn't really make me feel much better, but the the summary is darkly amusing after one has read the fic.
diamondace4 chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
damn...dude...damn...you should o Post this entire story as a review to Neon Genesis Evangelion Redux
Crow667 chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
so is there any fic in specific you made this on or you just wanted to show the magnificent bastard that is gendo motherfuckin ikari thanks! keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/13/2013