Reviews for The Forsaken One
WillowEchoRiver chapter 16 . 3/26/2010
Aw! It's sad that they held in those three words for such a very long time...Even for a while after they were together. That was very bittersweet, but in an excellent way. I love your writing very much. The way you express certain thoughts are just beautiful. I really, really cannot wait for more of this story!
hajimebassaidai chapter 16 . 3/7/2010
A sweeping story of Princess' and castles and intrigue with love mixed in. You do appear to have got yourself out of the Ori battle hole. Although I'm probably missing something but how did Daniel bring the Ori down on that planet & is there any particular reason why he collapsed or is it because Vala is his soulmate? I think it really is time for the happily ever after, though probably in brief scenes rather than a detailed wedding. Look forward to seeing how you round this up!
longnite chapter 16 . 10/30/2009
I hung in there and I have to admit I like how you resolved the issues from the last chapter. Reducing the implication of the apparent dream sequence seemed to work. It allowed Vala the medium to explain her feelings for him...admitting how much apart of her life he has become. Thanks need to go your way for having Daniel stand firm for Vala and retuning her love with his own admission. They have worked hard to get to this point and so deserved that moment.

Glad that you feel like you moved beyond that corner you felt backed into. I think a *royal wedding* sound absolutely wonderful to me...they so deserve that! Vala and Daniel deserve something nice, considering all the losses these two have had to endure. Thanks again for sharing!;)
Oldlibrn chapter 16 . 10/30/2009
I'm glad that you wrapped up the Ori battle stuff. I admit that I got a little lost there for a bit.

I really liked the team interaction [and the just relaxing not interacting at all]. Glad that you promised some more "fun and games of Vala and Daniel trying to get it all together". I'm looking forward to more chapters.
HAZMOT chapter 16 . 10/30/2009
Ah, is this really the end? heheh I'm happy that Vala finally woke up, and I was right about her tapping into the last vestige of powers left on her homeworld. I'm glad too that she still had her brothers there and she has a home to return anytime, especially now that Daniel has admitted his love for her. Oh,and I love the gang, all sitting on the balcony watching such a beautiful sundown, all appreciating being alive, and enjoying Vala's homeworld. That was so cool how they all laughed at Sam's snoring. All in all, Daniel finally admitted how much he loved Vala, and how special she is to everyone in her life. Nice, nice, nice. :D
acer-sigma chapter 16 . 10/29/2009
Darn; and here I was hoping Daniel would find himself competing with Vala's imaginary husband. ;) But this seems to work just as well. Although, I'm thinking Daniel could be in for a hard time if Vala's brothers walk in on that little scene at the end there. Come to think of it, he'd probably be in for a hard time if the rest of the team walked in as well. ;)

Anyways, good chapter with everyone looking in on Vala while she recovers. Nice little explanation on why and how Vala manifested those powers. Another example of the Ancients finding a way to cheat huh? One thing though, didn't really explain what happened to the rest of the Ori forces once Adria was dispatched.
longnite chapter 15 . 10/25/2009
I was following you up to chapter 13...but 14's change of direction lost me. To be truthful, I'm not fan of the attempted plot device. Really appreciate your efforts and willingness to share your work.
CalmintheChaos chapter 15 . 10/24/2009
I cannot find the right words to express how AWESOME I thought this chapter was! My eyes couldn't read fast enough!
HAZMOT chapter 15 . 10/24/2009
Oh you tease. hehehe I love the world of Oz, and Vala has lived a full life with family, children and grandchildren. But I suspect she has been in a deep coma for so long and her life has all been a fairy tale in her dreams. But why so angry images of SG1 and Daniel? I'm sure you just live pricking at our minds and making us crazy, but it's your forte'. hehehe Well, I'm waiting. :D
acer-sigma chapter 15 . 10/24/2009
Seems Vala got a taste of what her life could have been had Qetesh not come along. Not sure if that was a blessing or not, since she was happy in the dream, and now she's woken up to cold reality. Nice to see that the members of SG-1 were the phantoms of her subconcious trying to wake her up.

Plus, I guess now Daniel has to compete with the ghost of Vala's dream husband. ;)
CalmintheChaos chapter 14 . 10/23/2009
SQUE! Great chapter! Can't wait until the end, I'm sure it'll be FANTASTIC!
acer-sigma chapter 14 . 10/22/2009
Glad to see that you've managed to overcome that bit of writer's block. ;)

Anyways, quite the chapter. Guess Vala going all Gandalf the White just goes to prove of her Ancient lineage. Something that no doubt shocked Adria in the end. Guess they'll have to add another honour/title on her.

Also interesting to see Daniel feel the pain of Vala's collapse. Curious to see if it's a result of their time linked together or if it's something more.

And of course, can't help but love the irony of Vala being the one to insist the team stay together, and than be the one to run off to save the day (again). ;)
HAZMOT chapter 14 . 10/21/2009
Well that was a doozy. I had thought that Vala may have been part of an Ancient lineage and she had the power all along. But to knowingly kill her own daughther must of really done her in. She has always followed her heart when it comes to saving her family and friends. And again she has proven this is no different when she was taken by Quetesh. Now she has payed the price for stopping her daughter, and this time Daniel feels the effects as well. :D
Oldlibrn chapter 14 . 10/21/2009
I second the UPDATE UPDATE...

Poor Daniel. Hopefully he'll soon be able to tell Vala how he feels. I hate to see the old "world goes black" for both of them but I'm going to assume that they both recover.
Darth Sanctus chapter 13 . 10/6/2009