Reviews for Five Kisses
Des-C-Kudi chapter 1 . 12/5/2018
Hello there, as promised I would like to give you a much longer review even though you might never read this.

Like yesterday already said this two shot is so incredible beautiful. At chapter one I was giggling like an idiot and chapter turned me into such an emotional mess. All of the characters are perfectly IC, the dialogues could be right out of the cartoon! There are a few sentences I would like to emphasize.

"Not just that. Say your lines with passion, Helga. Imagine that you love him and you've just discovered that he died." Helga quickly swallowed and turned away as she felt her eyes threaten to fill with tears."

Gosh, this subtile hint hit me with so much force. The very fact that Arnold could die teared her up! You couldn't express it better how much he means to her.

"If you died, oh God forbid,I'd be devastated. I'd—I'd—I don't know how I'd be able to go on. But I do know that I somehow would go on, for your sake. I would go on and do everything in my power to bring out the best in people, just like you do [...]"

Honestly this might be one of the best declarations of love I've ever read. What it makes so magnificent is how it perfectly fits Helga's personality. It isn't cheesy at all; quite the contrary. There is so much depth, so much of herself, her feelings to him and what he means to her you couldn't have find better words.

"It would be nice to be loved like that, Arnold felt himself think. Not right now, of course, I'm only nine. But maybe someday, when I'm older and ready for love… I'd like to be loved the way Helga said. Not loving someone that you'd die for them… but loving them that you'd LIVE for them. Because she's right… that's what true love really is."

Beautiful. Love it how you incorporated Arnold's point of view. He doesn't realize that there is already some one out there who loves him like that.

Everything is just perfect. The five kisses which are related to the original play, the plot so that it fits to the cartoon episode and of course Helga's interpretation of loving someone unconditionally. I'm still speechless. I take my hat off to you.
Des-C-Kudi chapter 2 . 12/4/2018
Gosh I'm sobbing right now. This is so so beautiful. I'm a little bit lost at words. I'm not sure if you are still active on this site since this story was posted almost 10 years ago but nevertheless I want to leave you tomorrow a much longer review (right now I'm too tired and it is bed time). For sure I will sleep with a smile on my lips!
Kotali chapter 2 . 4/23/2018
I've read this one twice now.
It's so lovely. The way you described their first successful kiss; it WAS perfect. And I love that he decided to kiss her instead; how he apologised with his eyes took her; perfect.
Her monologue was beautiful.
And his thoughts at the end.

I love this so much.
You've done it so well.
Kotali chapter 1 . 4/23/2018
I love this.
I love them.
Its so perfect.
Fi Suki Saki chapter 2 . 3/14/2018
Arnold's last and small but very necessary POV and Thought makes EVERYTHING PERFECT!

I'm literally Swooning and Smiling so much right now at 4:45am because I WISH this was Canon...

Mr. Simmons proud of her. Arnold being so Amazed at her. Helga told them what True Love Story should be like by Secretly Confess her Love and Feelings right toward Arnold without him and Mr. Simmons know the truth.

God... the first chapter was just so Fun and makes me grinning just remembering that.
The Kisses Scenes... lol xDDD
Arnold's reaction... Helga's feelings...

Gosh, I LOOOOOVE THIS FIC SO MUCH!
Angelic Gemstone chapter 2 . 12/6/2015
Wow. I am reeling after reading this. The emotions, the passion, my goodness... I think my heart was pounding as fast as Helga's.

Absolutely phenomenal. An amazing take on one of my (and I'm sure everyone else's) favorite episodes of this show. Superb job!
PlathRamsey chapter 1 . 9/8/2015
Ooooooo Arnold really liked it! Hehehe. I love that part about him not being repulsed.
Wicked.Intentions chapter 2 . 4/16/2015
Great story. I really enjoyed reading it.
heyarnoldfangirl chapter 2 . 3/16/2015
This is just Amazing!
Guest chapter 2 . 7/28/2014
I wish I could see how they would interact after this, I mean, it certainly had a huge affect on them. *sigh* It was great, it just ended too soon :)
MuffinLove03 chapter 2 . 8/21/2013
So freaking good. I swooned throughout. Oh gosh. I'm a puddle.
Tali'Zorah vas Rannoch chapter 2 . 4/20/2013
Absolutely adorable, and you captured the essence of Helga perfectly.
xXWiseGirlIamnotXx chapter 2 . 7/10/2012
I completely agree, Romeo and Juliet always struck me as one of the most moronic love stories ever made into a play.
This was an awesome take on both the play and the episode. Nice job!
Helga's thoughts were great and her little speech near the end was utterly brilliant.
RoseofFlame chapter 2 . 10/13/2011
God that was beautiful
TheGreenManalishi chapter 2 . 6/18/2011
Poor Helga, only able to confess her love as long as she knows arnold knows she is just acting, yet she wishes arnold to know she is not just acting. twisted girl!

You did a great job with that confession, I like that it's not really relevant to Romeo, nor is it just some general lovetalk applicable to everyone, but it's actually appropriate to Arnolds personality ("because in you more than anyone else can I see that very goodness that makes life worth living. Because you bring it out in other people and you help people see how amazing they can be, and the amazing things they can do."). And it's really cool how helga saying this is already proof of it's correctness.

I tink I see now what you meant you wanted to work out some issues you had with the play. They couldn't be together in life, so they chose to be in death. When I'm to figure out the message behind this I like to think less about the actual human couple which dies at the end, but more about love itself as hero of this play. Love which at the end couldn't be stoped by all the obstacles their life provided.