Reviews for It Is By Our Choices We Are Judged
Hannah42992 chapter 5 . 6/25/2009
great chapter...i loved it. what will draco's courtship of harry go? will draco pass the tests? what will happen next? fantastic job...please continue with it...)
Would've0Could've0Should've chapter 5 . 6/23/2009
This is actually one of the best Drarry ( is that what it's called cause i just made that up!) stories I've read!

Please update soon!

I have a feeling the next chapter will be akward

-WCS
BSGirl chapter 5 . 6/23/2009
Wow! I absolutely love this fic. Please update soon; I cannot wait to read more.
Jully Reed chapter 5 . 6/22/2009
Dray with a job? My... P

That will be something to see!

Continue! Bisous,

Jully
ShesTalkingtoTheCar chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
I just want to mention the irony of the Potters having a feud with a family named Montague, now you need to add a Capulet in there somewhere.
ArrancarMaiden chapter 5 . 6/20/2009
Poor Draco! Having to control himself! And having no idea of what courtship involves. great chapter, awaiting more.
Dreamweaver chapter 5 . 6/19/2009
Oh, dear. I wonder what Draco's going to do about THIS? And, considering that those two are pretty much the only friends that Harry's got in England right now, I wonder what the twins are going to think about all of this.

(Now, picture me with my eyes open really wide and being really excitable and hopping in my chair...)

D'ya think they'll give Draco the "if you hurt my friend" speech?

By the way, I'm curious. Do the rest of the Weasley family know that the twins know and are friends with and have Harry as their silent business partner (or at least that the money for their startup company was put up by him)?
ams71080 chapter 5 . 6/19/2009
Wow. That's a complicated courtship.

Amber
Original Phunking Kidd chapter 5 . 6/19/2009
Update soon! xD
grace chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
hi i've read your story,and so far it has kept me interested. I hope that you will keep on writing this story and actually finish it.
Shadow Lighthawk chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
I must say, the chapter's title was heartening. Guiseppe Zabini and Giovanni Medici rose to - even exceeded - my expectations of them. I loved it! The dressing-down they gave James Potter (and I'll be interested to see how he reacts to that) was amazing, but in a lot of ways, I enjoyed the interview with Lucius even more. Lucius is, after all, the more powerful opponent, and (as I see it) one of the main causes of Harry's distress. The smackdown Guiseppe and Giovanni delivered was just lovely. They laid it on him in spades, and I think that Lucius (unlike James) is capable of learning from his mistakes, even if he never publicly admits that he made one. I especially loved the threat on Draco's life. It was such a perfect threat, and it underscored both the personal power of both Italians as well as how far they'll go to protect family. I went back and reread that scene twice, I enjoyed it so much.

Draco's diplomacy was... interesting. It's good to know that he's at least not a total waste of space. I think his line about Lucius fearing James' reaction to hearing that Harry was involved with a man is a steaming pile BS, though. James barely knew that Harry existed, and Lucius ascertained that particular truth when he went to see James in the last chapter. Stretching the truth probably wasn't the best way to start things will Harry's family, but it did diffuse the tension somewhat. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on Draco - and enjoy his struggles with the courtship.

Speaking of the courtship, that's something I'm very intrigued by. A long, slow courtship allows for tons of character development and the slow evolution of a strong relationship, which is awesome, because that's my favorite kind of romance. As to the courtship itself, your model seems very rigid and somewhat Victorian, which is nicely in line with the aristocratic heirarchy you're using. I'm not a fan of autocratic patriarchies in general, but you're using them pretty well so far, and it's also nice to see one working *for* Harry instead of against him. The Zabinis really are his sheild. It's an interesting contrast to the way James is using his authority against Harry, trying to chain him to James' will. Creep. I'm with Giuseppe: James abdicated any authority he had in Harry's life long ago.

I have to say, James seems to be heading into Black Hat territory in his chapter. I understand that you want to really underline how much of an antagonist he is, and making him a bigot is an easy way to create a big neon arrow that screams 'bad guy' and point it at him, but the downside is that it creates a big neon arrow that screams 'bad guy'. It's more than a bit over the top. And I haven't really seen anything to indicate why that would be, since it seems that James' views are extreme even for the magical UK. There seriously needs to be some supporting backstory.

I'd also like to know where the James from the prologue went. You know, the one that sent Harry to Italy because he thought it was in his son's best interest? Granted, that was a bad call, despite the silver lining, but what changed in the intervening years to change James from crappy father into complete asshole?

Speaking of James' complete-asshole-status, what happened with Remus? Will we see him later in the story? Who *is* his true mate? And why would James actively drive him off that way? It doesn't exactly make sense to me. Though one thing does occur to me - homophobes, especially the ultra-masculine ones, are sometimes homosexuals in deep denial. Could James' attitude now be the result of something like that?

As to mechanics, I'm sad to say that your italics didn't come through. As I understand it, FFnet can be a bit finicky about things like that. I also noticed several places that needed commas. Remember, they're your friend! (Or so my grade school English teacher told me on many occasions). I was also wondering about the way you title your chapters. Why do some have names and some just numbers?

Looking forward to the next chapter (and likely going to reread the scene with Lucius once more _)!
the croc chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
I can't wait to read more!
Chakahlah chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
That was an awesome chapter! I couldn't breath for the laughter i had when I was reading the scene between the Zabini patriach and the potter idiot!
Knightvanilla chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
Oh, wow two years of courtship, tough cookies that p another awesome chapter with james being a nitt witt, . Loved the longer chapter, update as soon as possible D
shiftyless chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
just neat, I like it from start 2 finish, most definately liked the part when Blaise expained 2 Draco about the Italin ways of courtship so yeah.

I wonder how Dracos & his fathers especially reactions will b since Blaise has told him about how he has 2 get a job...lol
991 | « Prev Page 1 .. 50 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 .. Last Next »