Reviews for It Is By Our Choices We Are Judged
the croc chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
I can't wait to read more!
Chakahlah chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
That was an awesome chapter! I couldn't breath for the laughter i had when I was reading the scene between the Zabini patriach and the potter idiot!
Knightvanilla chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
Oh, wow two years of courtship, tough cookies that p another awesome chapter with james being a nitt witt, . Loved the longer chapter, update as soon as possible D
shiftyless chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
just neat, I like it from start 2 finish, most definately liked the part when Blaise expained 2 Draco about the Italin ways of courtship so yeah.

I wonder how Dracos & his fathers especially reactions will b since Blaise has told him about how he has 2 get a job...lol
Makurayami Ookami chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
ha ha ha, loved it. this was awesome. well written. glad this ended well though.
crysallis chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
This is really quite unique, i like it. The writing is good too.
Shadowcub chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
I like it, but please no long story on the rituals and colors.
Casse01 chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
God, James is a lot worse than I originally thought he was. Okay, James is not going to disown Harry but can Harry leave the Potter family. We have been getting serious hints that the Zambini's want to bring him into the family. His nickname being Lio short for Figlio.

I did like the comment Blaise made to Draco about getting real friendly with his right hand. I can't wait until I see James reaction to his son being a bearer. It will eventually come out and it will be too late for the Potters to get anything out of it.

I will be honest, James and Edmund are plain evil. I am disappointed that the administration is not doing more to rein in the Gryffs.

Definitely looking forward to the next update.
Windseeker2305 chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
Very good story. Can't wait for more.
Rainbow2007 chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
i love it
Sinfully Addicted chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
omg. LMAO! I am absolutely smitten with this story. I love Harry/Draco courtships. Wow it's great that Harry is a bearer. I love how you have this story and I hope James gets whats coming to him if her tries something foolish. I look forward to the choices he makes for the flowers and the ribbons. :D Thanks for a terrific read.
SerenityMoonlight chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
Love it. Will Lily be redeemed during the story and will Remus show up?
Draechaeli chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
this fic just keeps getting better. I like how you purposefully mentioned that Draco was a playboy and then make him celebate for two years, not to mention the job! this is great! can the job be something like ice cream shop waiter so he has to deal with every type of person (tourist, children, etc.) and is at a high risk for getting dirty?
Meredith Caerwyn chapter 4 . 6/18/2009
It is good.
Shadow Lighthawk chapter 4 . 6/18/2009
Ohmigod, can't believe you stopped right there. I know it's not a cliffie in the traditional sense, but I desperately want to know what happens next.

A lot of that need to know is driven by how horrified I am at Lucius' choice of tactics. It's completely in line with his character, but that doesn't make it any less disgusting. To force a marriage - the very idea turns my stomach. James' actions were utterly predictable, and while awful, didn't come as any kind of shock.

What I really want to know are the reactions that will come of this. I imagine - I *hope* - that Guiseppe will be horrified and infuriated, and fight this on Harry's behalf. I think Toni will also be angry. It's Harry's reaction that I'm most interested in and worried about. How will he feel, knowing that James signed him away without even consulting him? What will he do with a betrothal suddenly on his hands? I would hope that he wouldn't meekly accept such a thing. I know that I would be utterly infuriated. And beyond that, I want to know how Draco will react, because that will tell me a lot about his character. Will he be pleased that Lucius took steps to secure his happiness (which is, I know, what Lucius' motive is. Though I'm sure he delighted at the chance to make James Potter squirm.), or will he be upset that Lucius has probably offended Harry, Harry's family, and denied Draco the chance to win Harry's heart honestly. If Draco is pleased that Harry will be forced to wed him, then he's lower than scum, and I shall Wish Him Ill. If the latter reaction is the case, then there might be some redeeming value in Draco. Maybe. And yes, I'm every bit as overprotective as Harry's family. Harry deserves the best, and Draco is currently Unworthy.

And you know one of the really horrifying things? I don't know if Lucius meant his comment about having ways to break willful spouses.

*sigh* Well, I'll set that rant aside for now, with the understanding that you'll probably hear from me again on the topic. I have what you might call Strong Views on the idea of rape, which is exactly what a forced marriage would be.

I do appreciate that you gave James and Lily some dimension. That's one of my big issues with Sibling-Who-Lived stories. James and Lily aren't black-hat-wearing, moustache-twirling villains, they're bad parents. Which is a different and more insidious kind of villainy, and one you've done a decent job of capturing.

I should also mention that your story summary contains a warning for 'MPEG'. Now, I understood what you meant, but some people are going to see that and wonder why you're warning for a file extension. As to my thoughts on Mpreg, I really don't like it, but I find that I can tolerate a moderate amount of tastefully done Mpreg in pursuit of a good story.

Character-wise, I think Harry and your OCs need some fleshing out, but you have a pretty solid foundation here. James seemed to be sliding into two-dimensionality during his meeting with Lucius, so that’s something you might want to work on next time you have James in a scene.

As a caution - you should avoid the trap of feminizing Harry just because he's a 'bearer'. I don't care if he carries children, whelps puppies or lays eggs, he's still *male* with all that that implies. That's actually one of the reasons I hate Mpreg - authors use it as an excuse to write a female character with male anatomy. It makes me cringe.

On the mechanical writing side of things, I've noticed a few typos and grammar errors, but nothing terrible. I do wish you'd fleshed out Harry's youth and his schooling a little more, but flashback-style backstory is perfectly valid, and you can build very interesting tensions using it. And on that topic, you don't need to label your flashbacks as 'flashback'. I've always found that a wee bit irritating, to be honest. If you time and date your scenes, that's an easy way to let readers know you've journeyed into the past, though it does require some effort on your part to figure out what year things happened in. The other method is to italicize the flashback.

The only other thing is that I've noticed some POV slippage, by which I mean that you've slipped from one POV to another within a scene. I'm from the school of writing that considers that sloppy. I only noticed a couple of instances, and normally I wouldn't harp on it, but your writing is quite good, and I, as a reader, have a vested interest in helping you improve. _~

I'm very much looking forward to seeing where you take the story. As you can tell from my earlier rant, I have very strong feelings on rape and forced marriage, and I’m viciously protective of Harry. My reviews will likely be… tumultuous. On the other hand, it’s definitely a point in your favor that you’ve made me care so strongly about your characters. Can’t wait for the next chapter!
1,040 | « Prev Page 1 .. 54 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 .. Last Next »