Reviews for Love Conquers
The Sound and the Fury chapter 6 . 12/16/2009
"It was difficult for her to accept love, though she had so much of it to give." This describes Esme perfectly. Some people have so much love to give, but don't feel they deserve any for themselves. It was also true that she saved Carlisle "in ways he hadn't known he needed saving," so while she probably feels she's done nothing but take in their relationship, he needs her just as much as she needs him now. The story was very sad, but ended in the best way it could. Thanks for sharing!
The Sound and the Fury chapter 5 . 12/16/2009
When I read fics like yours, I'm puzzled as to how Carlisle could have gone so long without finding a mate or a companion like Edward. He's such a kind and compassionate man and didn't deserve to be alone so long. Yes, I know he was destined for Esme . . . but you'd think he'd have found a "child" sooner.

The way they worked together to fix the problem is just the way every family should. Well, hopefully families aren't hiding bodies, but the acceptance and willingness to move on is the key.
The Sound and the Fury chapter 4 . 12/16/2009
Poor, sweet Esme. Her human husband would have knocked her senseless for forgetting to dust the parlor, so why would she believe Carlisle would forgive her for this?

I loved how Edward didn't try to dismiss the horror of her mistake, but told her that it wouldn't help anyone for her to abandon them. Carlisle's assurance that she deserves everything from him shows how very much he loves her; both Esme and Edward are lucky to have someone like him during their times as newborns.
PaperArtist chapter 6 . 10/17/2009
That was exquisite. I don't often get to read anything from Esme's point of view. It was so sad, but appropriately so, and the characters weren't off that I noticed at all. Once sentence was slightly confusing in how it was worded... something about Esme having to lie and how she didn't like that part of their life. It was confusing for a second because the order of the words sounded like she disliked their life rather than the lies... but.. I think you meant the lies and not the life.. but maybe you didn't. Anyway, not a big deal, and over all it was just lovely. :)
realistjoker chapter 6 . 8/22/2009
This was a beautiful story to read, thank you for writing it.
lucidscreamer chapter 6 . 8/16/2009
Lovely little story. I do so enjoy fic with these three characters, and yours is wonderfully done. I like the characterizations and the little details of their everyday life together.

Tiny nitpick: In the next to the last sentence, Esme tucks away the photo twice, once in the sewing basket and then again in her suitcase. I think you may have meant the second instance of the word "photo" to have been "sewing basket", but I'm not sure.

Aside from that, a truly wonderful and well-written story. I'm surprised it has so few reviews. Thanks for sharing it.
TheWriterSinead chapter 2 . 7/16/2009
Good but Edward would be a little more with-drawn if you will...
The Sound and the Fury chapter 3 . 6/23/2009
I can completely sympathize with Esme's claustrophobia in the store - I almost had a panic attack in a Tim Hortons recently. Being crowded is hard enough without her excuse of being thirsty.

"I liked the idea of preserving the heart of the little house, creating something new from something abandoned to decay." This line, in particular, describes perfectly Esme's natural inclination toward design - family and a cozy home mean everything to her.

My heart breaks for Esme, knowing how she'll react to having hurt the young man that she compared to her Edward. But alone, and not having hunted for ten days or better, how could she help it? She, unfortunately, won't see it that way . . .
The Sound and the Fury chapter 2 . 6/23/2009
Edward is such a perfect gentleman, escorting Esme downtown and reasoning with her so gently when she becomes nervous. I get caught in the little moments, like Esme's mental shopping list - so domestic! - and the image of her sewing while Edward fills their house with music.

Esme's humbleness is touching, yet it reminds me of the abuse she suffered before finding Carlisle. No one deserves that, but for Esme, especially, it is particularly cruel.
The Sound and the Fury chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
After one chapter, I have officially been sucked into this story. I love the little details, e.g. Carlisle's outfit and the recent practical use of insulin, that prove you've done your research (always my favorite part of the writing process).

My preference, when reading Cullen family fics, is a story set when the family consisted of only these three. Considering Esme's reaction to Bella's accident in "New Moon," I can totally see her having a difficult time acclimating to her new lifestyle, but here she has her "boys" for love and support.

Finding a story so exceptionally well written on this site, and in this fandom, is like stumbling upon an oasis in the desert - or, apropos, like drinking of a mountain lion after weeks of burning thirst. :o)
Sugargirl5 chapter 6 . 5/31/2009
This was such a beautiful story! I always wondered what kind of stuff happened when Carlisle'd just changed Esme and when it was just the three of them...

Thank you for this wonderful story!

P.S. I'm sorry if my English is crappy, but it's not my first language...