Reviews for Elena, Book 1: Exile
Liz chapter 5 . 6/8/2010
you're doing a really good job of plot and charcterisation. Please continue asap.
Gwennie16 chapter 5 . 7/20/2009
good! continue!
Strata-Assassin chapter 5 . 7/20/2009
Ah Raoul, the kindly form of a giant. What would such a hothead like Alanna do without someone to calm her nerves? Given, George fills that spot nicely, but it's always good to see the other catalysts.

Good job on the characterization, by the way. All the main characters seemed to be in their right spots: Alanna the ever persistent hothead, Raoul the sympathetic hero, and George the cunning cutsie. Elena's in for a really treat-and maybe even some headaches-if she plans on staying there for a while.

Now I'm curious as to what Elena's role's going to be there at Pirate Swoop. A hired on kitchen maid? Personal servant to Alanna-even though she likes to do things herself? Or work with Numair-by using magic-in trying to get her memories back? Hm, questions, questions, questions.

Yay! Good chapter! Can't wait for the next one!

PotterCandy chapter 4 . 6/28/2009
my heck! Jasson likes her! *i think* oh how cute! i just love this it is so dramatic and it makes me happy cant wait for next chapt
theweirdworder chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
Interesting. I am curious to see what the woman went through.
Strata-Assassin chapter 4 . 6/28/2009
Wow, Elena went through so much and she doesn't remember any of it. Could either be good or bad, I guess. I mean she forgot all the horrifying stuff, but the important news she was supposed to bring has been tossed into the back of her mind. Pity...

Lady Olga scares me; I'll admit it. Her on the throne-even thought she'd technically only be near one-is freaky. I pity the country that bows down and kisses her slimy feet...

George! Aw, he only gets the one-liner at the end. Pity... I love that guy.

Well, excellent chapter as always. ;) I'm back now and ready for work (Hm, ambitious are we?) so go ahead and send 'em on over!

Yreva13 chapter 4 . 6/27/2009
i love it! but, well in my opinion she should have her memorey and just not tell them, but again i like it as it is too!
PotterCandy chapter 3 . 6/23/2009
that was way good you have to write more i love it! you are way good please more more more MORE MORE ... sorry got a little caried away but it is way good next chapter will be so good cant wait to read it. this story gave me the chills and that is a good thing you should get the next one _

~PotterCandy~
Strata-Assassin chapter 3 . 6/20/2009
Yay! New chapter. Sorry it took me so long to review... Life sucks sometimes. Anyway... George! Aha! One of my favorite characters-aside from Alanna-in the Tortall universe. Woot! I love that guy, no joke and him and the knightly redhead are perfect for each other. Polar opposites, but perfect. :)

So, Jasson is really cute; I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy him. He reminds me of those awkward teenagers who always has his heart in the right place, but can never do anything. Clumsy, some stuttering, but still someone you'd rather spend time with than the typical jock. The fact that George likes him is a plus, so he can't be too bad.

Is there going to be any Alanna and George cuteness? Yes, I'm still a fangirl at heart-although, I don't like to admit it-and would love to see my favorite couple share a moment. Daine and Numair are a close second, but I'm still trying to get over the age difference. Oh! Johnathan and Thayet are adorable too... Then again, why don't you just have a cuteness between all of them to appease my fangirl nature? Heh

Good chapter, as always, and I'll see you for the next one.

bclovr-22 chapter 3 . 6/20/2009
very nice! I loved the description you gave about Dimitri and his mom, they were great! I can't remember exactly but Jasson is the youngest son of the king? anyway update soon!
jeme chapter 2 . 6/8/2009
grt story
Strata-Assassin chapter 2 . 6/7/2009
I see you described Alanna nicely, but you seemed to forget about Daine and Numair. Maybe mention something in the next chapter.

One a happier note, I loved their introductions. Numair's entrance was great, because even though this was the first time they mere mentioned together, it was obvious they were comfortable with one another. The "large hands on hers" gave it away and it was a very smooth move. :)

I also love how you portrayed Alanna. She's my favorite character by far (must be 'cause she's a fellow redhead and a member of the military :P) so I'm very pleased! Kudos!

Great chapter. You have a fluid way with words that's impressive. :) Just don't forget to describe the characters. I realize most of them readers will know, but it's still a good idea to show what they look like or how they're dressed. If anything it gives an interesting view into their personality.

Well, I'm looking forward to the next chapter and, again, good job!

Gwennie16 chapter 2 . 6/7/2009
thats great please continue\update
bclovr-22 chapter 2 . 6/7/2009
I really like this and I can't wait till you write more! Update soon!
kmsaum chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
A nice, mysterious beginning-always a plus :) Your description is very vivid, something I dearly appreciate.

I look forward to reading where you go with this!

~kmsaum