Reviews for Pressing the Point
Lizzy chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
Just read this again, and love it just as much as the first time!
Minecraft Guardiansaiyan chapter 1 . 10/31/2013
sharmsindex chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
That was completely amazing! I love how you nailed Pike's perspective (I love how you let us into his head) and how crafty he got by not telling Kirk from the offset what a good job he did. Plus reading about Kirk showing more maturity was realy satisfying. Thank you so much for sharing this with us! :)
Xtin2000 chapter 1 . 8/16/2010

seriously, Those are the questions to ask the captain to be, so he is prepared for it all, Star Fleet Command and all the people who will give him a hard time over everything he does, I love it!
AnimeSiren chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
This was very interesting. I'm glad that Pike pointed out the things that he did. It was very interesting to see them play out in a scenario.

Good writing!
lucidscreamer chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
Awesome little fic. The characterization is spot on.
Blue-Eyed Chica chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
love it!
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
James Kirk wouldn't know 'moderation' if it jumped up on a mess table and started singing "I'm a Little Teacup"-and that trick he played on a grieving Spock was still dirty pool. But there's nothing like success, is there?

I do hope Kirk listens to Pike about the impact of his actions, but if he keeps on winning the old way, will he?
seren-mercury chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
I adored this. You and fandom should definitely get together more often. Thanks so much for sharing
Sareh chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
Wicked! The first thing I started wondering after watching the end of the Star Trek film was about what exactly happened between the Enterprise's get-away and the ceremony awardng Jim with the Captaincy. It's great to have a glimpse into what could totally be the most realistic narrative of what happened.

Pike is brilliant! You've fleshed out his character admirably. Jim's reactions are very in-character; he has that defiant aura about him, but that does fade back to remorse and fear at the points in which he suddenly thought the impact of his choices may have cost people their lives. Great, great, great.

I'm adding this to my favourites. :)
Haiza Tyri chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Again, amazing job. I particularly liked how you pointed out what could be plot holes in the movie and used them to make the story stronger.
Jan-AQ chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
love it! Awesome one-shot!
Enigmaforum chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
I have to say that you truly have a talent for writing. This piece was once again another fantastic insight into Captain Pike. I really enjoyed your interpretation of his reactions and need to talk to/bring Kirk down a bit. I thought that you wrote Kirk very well here and the interaction between Pike and Kirk was really spot on. It's what I imagine between them and you've brought it to life. Lovely job.
Zurmdragon chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
I love this. Your interpretation of Pike is perfect, of course, and it's an excellent sort of talk to have with an up-and-coming officer. Good job. I hope you keep it up.
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
Another wonderful Pike-POV fic! this was a fantastic exploration of both Jim and pike.