Reviews for Listening
Marla's Lost chapter 1 . 3/9
loved it
Niamh O'Leary chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
I love this story. Any chance you are going to continue it?
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Interesting.
please ff.net delete account chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
This was nicely written and expressed. How attractions could surface with just the attentive way of listening and pure interest. Lovely fic!
TheLadyW chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
This story reminds me of my favorite professor from back in my college days. He was very intelligent and demanding teacher; so much so that I didn't do very well in his courses, but I loved how much I learned. I thought it a shame when he retired.

Lovely story.
CocoChanel88 chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Beautiful.
Amethyst246 chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
Hmm. That's really good. I actually never thought about the way language is taught, but it makes perfect sense. And the approach/realizations are perfectly in character for each. Thank you :)
Bil chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Beautiful. Really beautiful. I love her thoughts on language and how she reacts to Spock's teaching. It's a great fic that gives a wonderful background to their relationship in the movie. Really, really well done.
Linstock chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
I really like this image of the intelligent and insightful Uhura paying close attention and really hearing Spock. Great short piece.
Mackenzie chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
Man, I just love this. It's wonderful. Really. Great job! I would love to read more from you.
tals - tth chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
Beautifully written. Both a great characterstudy, and a ficlet that has something intelligent to say about language and culture... Thanks for sharing, It was a joy to read
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
Bravo! Masterful job; again, another insight into linguistics! I love how this pairing is teaching me things about a fascinating topic. :)
Rachel Indeed chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
I always enjoy your stories and recommendations very much, and this was a lovely piece, perfect just as it is. I think it's a beautiful idea that Spock lays out the logic of alien thought and language on its own terms, and that Uhura rejoices in the chance to truly explore foreign thoughts and cultures through the structure of words. It's complicated, interesting, and smart. The closing lines, in which she learns to know Spock through his subtle, unspoken language, fits both characters perfectly. Very nicely done.

Thanks so much for writing!
Mackenzie chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Really liked this. Great story!
Rileybby chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
Ah, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CONTINUE!

It is such a great concept, and it...it's just amazing!