Reviews for The Price of Humanity
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
This has been the only real tag that I've read. I'm afraid to read them because all I think I'll see is IT'S ALL SAM'S FAULT. Knew I wouldn't get that from you. I loved this and you did a wonderful job. Thank you for sharing and I'm not disappointed that I clicked on this one at all. I love your last paragraph and I too think that moment, that one second, we saw them as brothers again and frankly I'm scared as hell of what the next season is about to bring us.

I loved your tag and I hope to see more stories from you soon.
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
Hey TraSan, welcome back - you've been missed.

And what a great tag to come back with; lovely insight into the boys' headspace during the climactic moments of the finale.

While the angels called it the 'green room,' I think your choice of 'penalty box' is far more Dean. Hee.

Dean, at this point, has had a bit more time to process the fact he's been played by Zachariah et al. Fantastic job analyzing his anger. This was perfect: "As much as he’d told Sam he’d turned into their dad, Dean was just as guilty of channeling him. It seemed they were both their father’s sons." How true.

I loved this, too: "The flame of conscience that kept him from killing Jake, a decision that cost him and his brother so dearly later. The belief in his brother that kept him from killing the Yellow-Eyed Demon and their father along with it, only to have that same demon send others after them, smashing the Impala with a truck, nearly killing Dean and taking their father’s life in exchange for sparing his brother’s. Sam couldn’t make those same mistakes all over again. He had to finish what he started."

Even with the forces of Heaven and Hall skewing or masking the truth, pushing Sam to kill Lilith for their own ends, that so beautifully sums up why Sam would 'choose' to go through with it.

Awesome tag. Brava. Can't wait for Season 5.

Cheers, Sculls
Shooshkipoo chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
Perfectly in character! I loved it, the finale had my mouth hanging open the entire time.
pinkphoenix1985 chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
this is fantastic!
Liafrombrazil chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
I had made a promise to myself to not read any tags or spoilers for this episode until next Wednesday, when it'll be on air here. Well, I broke my promise, I couldn't avoid it because it's yours! But it's okay, I kept just one eye open. :)

So, Zachariah's a bad guy, I knew it! I'm so glad that the brothers are more or less together again.

I loved your way to describe the guys' thoughts and feelings. It is beautiful and deep. I'll definitely read it again and submit another review, let's say, on Thursday. Thanks.
PADavis chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
The brothers Winchester killing Ruby like partners - that was wonderful. Liked your take on both brothers - guess there's always enough guilt to burden them both. Beautifully written.

Phoebe
Nana56 chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
What an awesomely amazing tag! You really nailed it. After the finale, the season finally began to make sense for me. I could see how Kripke lead us by the nose the whole time...like Ruby did to Sam and the 'angels' did to Dean.

I BELIEVE that we have our brothers back. That last bit with them clutching at each other was worth it all.

Your analysis of it all was stupendous! Thanks so much for writing and posting it. *sigh* Loved it.
Chiiyo86 chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
I've read a lot of codas post "Lucifer Rising", but I don't remember reading so much stories about the brother's thoughts during the episode.

Nice job! You manage to balance both point of views, reminding us where each brother comes from. And ending on a lovely touch of hope!

Thank you!
SamDeanLover28 chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
that finale, very satisfying. excellent
ephiny63 chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
Hey hon

this is the only tag I have read for the finale and will probably be the only one, for a couple of reasons, mainly I don't read tags hehehe except when I know the person writing them. Second it was coz you were the author, and I was not let down with my faith in your writing.

I loved it, I have been so tired of the Sam bagging and the criticisms of the way they portrayed him. He was just as much a victim as Dean, in some ways even more so, he's been a victim since he was six months old.

This tag was just right for me and I'm quite happy not to read anymore :0)

take care sweetie, hope to see more from you in the near future (devilish grin) No pressure at all of course

hugs Shelley
J.A. Carlton chapter 1 . 5/22/2009
Beautifully done milady! really beautiful insight. :D Thank you for bringing it out to the light to share with us. :D
bhoney chapter 1 . 5/22/2009
I was thinking this, too. I hope it ends up playing out that way on the show: "He had sworn obedience to God and his angels, but that was his loop hole. Zachariah had handed it to him on a silver platter. These angels weren’t doing God’s work, so he owed them no loyalty." I hadn't even thought of the possibility of Lucifer possessing Sam, though. That's chilling. I REALLY hope EK doesn't go there. This season was hard enough.

I loved this: "Dean Winchester didn’t go down with a whimper. He fought. He taunted evil. He kicked ass. If he could just get to his brother, they could fix this." Ah, there's our boy! :)

And I loved this, both in the ep and in here: "He’d stayed Dean’s hand at least three times from killing Ruby. This time, this one last time, he would hunt evil with his brother." Really love how you put that, that Sam saw killing Ruby as hunting with his brother one final time.

This was probably my favorite part: "The only person standing in front of him was his brother, his best friend, his family." Lovely glimpse of what they still mean to each other.

"Dean, please. In one look, Dean absolved him everything." And that's so like Dean, too. His capacity for forgiveness where his family's concerned is never-ending.

Nice job on this, as always. Nice look at what may have been going through both their minds in this ep. Glad you're back! :)
Phx chapter 1 . 5/22/2009
Awesome, I think you summed it up prefectly for both boys. I loved Dean's revelations and while he didn't remove the blame from Sam, he recongized his own hand in this and how badly Dean had been played too. I loved his anger and determination - that is the Dean I've been missing this season.

And Sammy - that boy breaks my heart. When he thinks Dean is there to kill him and accepts it ... man, that boy is one brave little toaster.

Totally enjoyed it
Muffy Morrigan chapter 1 . 5/22/2009
OMG I love this story, it is awesome and wonderful and lovely and found what was missing this season-the brothers. In those moments of "sorry" there was a glimpse of everything that could be, that always IS with Sam and Dean. No matter what, in the end (phew I WAS holding my breath, I tell you) but in the end, they always find each other.

Five gloriously shiny Impalas, waxed to the point of blinding, music blasting out the windows, with Sam AND Dean heading your way to hug the snot out of you!
29 | « Prev Page 1 2