Reviews for A Giant and the Lion Cub
kokoronagomu chapter 13 . 5/31/2015
i really loved this, i had read it many years ago but was remiss about reviewing so i have now taken steps to rectify this gross error. i don't know if you're writing anymore but hopefully you are as you're quite good at it and your work is very entertaining!

i hope you got to see the 'rurouni kenshin' live action movie(s). if not, there are trailers for the first one and then for the two sequel movies. all three were great, the casting was fabulous! just copy/paste the codes into the youtube search for each video:

O4Bhr80HfyY -the first live movie's trailer
yaLOPVAuJs4 -first movie's character profile trailers
8qRFhP5PhMk -first movie's dojo fight scene from the first chapter manga and first episode anime
a7HrF77Ewkg -the sneak preview for the first sequel kyoto arc:
bAgmfGZbVrQ -the first official trailer for the sequel movies (subbed)
NCei4Vm1ZP8 -another trailer
emy8JkKV6LQ -character profile trailers
BSl-T1AioDQ -trailer for the second sequel 'the legend ends'. they had changed the storyline of the anime/manga for the movie and it is quite interesting and scary in the implications but the director had hinted on another movie (a prequel or something more... hopefully it'll be both remembrance and jinchuu arcs).

i'm counting on big box office numbers to motivate them to film 'remembrance' and 'jinchuu' arcs of manga... you can see the all three online at a place called: gooddrama (you can google - gooddrama rurouni kenshin - although i'm not sure it's available in every country) the three movies will be listed:
"Rurouni Kenshin (2012)"
"Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno (2014)"
"Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends (2014)"
they can be watched in any one of the three or four screens on the page in seven or eight parts and each are around two hours long. you can also get the box-set dvds from places like cd-japan or amazon... i am waiting to see if they will be making anymore before i buy them all in a box set. ;)
enjoy!
ginny
kokoronagomu. deviantart. com
CaylieJelly chapter 13 . 12/8/2013
This is beyond adorable!
t42n24t2 chapter 13 . 2/22/2012
I was referred to your story from another - a homage to it. I loved every word and every action between the characters. I really loved how Kenji can open up everyone's hearts and win over Aoshi and Hiko.
120991ln chapter 13 . 11/24/2010
continuelovingittotally
Raven Wolfmoon chapter 13 . 8/7/2010
What a fantastic story! I loved reading it from start to finish! Your writing style is great, the characters wonderful and the plot interesting! I love the characters' reactions with one another, particularly Kenji's affect on people (like Aoshi! And Hiko!)

Thank you for writing this! Ever since reading the end of the manga I worried that Kenji had something against his father (considering the hair-pulling and Watsuki's comments on who he'd grow up to be), so it's nice to see that you made them have a special bond. I love them both so much!

Awesome job with this story! I really really loved it! )
Raven Wolfmoon chapter 7 . 8/6/2010
PLEASE let that man be Hiko! I am desperately waiting for Kenji and Hiko to meet!
Raven Wolfmoon chapter 5 . 8/6/2010
I almost died of laughter when Kenji messed up Aoshi's lips and he just kept talking as stoic as ever! Just picturing it still makes me laugh - OH THE HILARITY! I'm glad the iceburg is starting to thaw a bit!

And Kenji with the venomous-snake that is his kimono - brilliant! You have really captured the inner mindset of a toddler, no doubt channeling your own! ) I love this!
Raven Wolfmoon chapter 4 . 8/6/2010
My heart is exploding with the cuteness of Kenji. Him and Kenshin playing together was one thing, but him and Aoshi? ADORABLE! I love his little "Oro"!

Cutest line: "Kenshin was well aware of the mass destruction his son was capable of, and was relieved to find that the study and Aoshi were both still intact." HAHAHA LOVE THIS SO MUCH! )
Raven Wolfmoon chapter 2 . 8/6/2010
This story makes me so happy! That part with Kenji touching the scar on Kenshin's cheek made me breathless with joy! Your life experiences have really helped create such a wonderful little story here! I am absolutely adoring this!
Raven Wolfmoon chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
AWWWWW! This gave me a huge smile! I love daddy Kenshin!

"It was no use though, even the battousai became a puddle of mush before his son, staying hidden deeply inside Kenshin, not wanting to be beaten down by the innocence of his child's gaze." - LOVE THAT SO MUCH! 'Puddle of mush' is a perfect description, haha!
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 13 . 6/26/2010
Adorable! Loved absolutely every minute of it! I do think that Kenji seemed a little more observant than I could really believe (even for an extremely intelligent child, it's the observation that I think children lack, but that is a personal opinion). It would sit better with me if he were five, but other than that and the one use of harsh language (At least you used it well, but I still wanted to mention it), I have absolutely no complaints and only praise for this magnificent story! :D
evilpinklollipop chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
A breath of freash air.
Althea M chapter 13 . 3/11/2010
Once again, you have written a wonderful Kenji story. Your writing is so vivid that I clutched my chest when Kenji went missing. I could feel Hiko’s heavy heart when he considered his ‘baka deshi’ might be dead. When Kenshin made the leap that Kenji was in a safe place, you could almost see the horns develop on his head, the little devil. But then you had me gasping for air as Kenji and Hiko faced death by drowning.

I look forward to more of your Kenji/Kenshin/Kaoru stories.

Thank you.

AM
Raberba girl chapter 3 . 2/8/2009
Kenji's reaction to Misao (until he bit her O.O) was funny.

Haha...actually crying does suit Kenji...it's what he's doing the first time we see him, just because he got stuck on the roof and can't get down.

I like watching Kenshin play with kids, too.

Yay, Tomoe.
Raberba girl chapter 2 . 1/29/2009
Aw, that was really sweet when Kenji noticed the scar.

Ahahahaha, that was really funny, Kaoru thinking of all the menfolk of the Kamiya dojo as kids.

A-A-H-H, did Kenji just say "Oro"? Cute!