Reviews for Silver Dollar Salute
Visitkarte chapter 4 . 8/12/2013
Amazing story, chilling and beautiful. Thank you!
Danielle chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
I looked up the SD Salute on youtube but didn't get good ones.

I am thinking this would be a good picture though... watch?vs5Go_yexEyE&NR1&featurefvwp

But MUCH MUCH more. D
Danielle chapter 4 . 1/21/2011
Oh my goodness, I'm bawling. SEMPER FI! I love it. *sniff* Very well done.
wandamarie chapter 4 . 4/18/2010
WOW IT WAS A GREAT CHAPTER THANKS
Lajoci chapter 4 . 4/16/2010
Lovely, brought tears to my eyes.
Kara1626 chapter 4 . 4/15/2010
*sniff sniff* *Wipes tear away* :)
julie507 chapter 4 . 4/15/2010
Very powerful chapter. Awesome!
smartkid37 chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
very, very nice.
alix33 chapter 4 . 4/15/2010
"The girls - Katie included, though she would rarely admit it these days, being that determined civilian that she was - had mastered a proper salute by the time they were toddlers." - AW! at the uber-cute mental pic two saluting toddlers, looking like a mix of Abby and Tim, made.

"At the time, it was just precocious and very cute, even if he did say so himself." - Uncle Gibbs is completely within his rights to say so, IMO.

"He had been sitting at his desk working on the paperwork for a case they had closed a few hours before. When the phone rang and Abby's excited voice came over the line. "Gibbs... Gibbs... Gibbs," Abby had said excitedly, "come see what the girls learned." He had agreed, putting away his paperwork and stepping into the elevator, praying as he did, that his slightly excitable forensic scientist hadn't decided to teach her three-year-old twins to operate the mass spec or run a fingerprint search or something equally outrageous. He didn't think she would, but with Abby you could never tell. The last time she had to bring them in to work with her on a Saturday, he found them playing a version of some sort of matching game using photographs of tire treads. Of course, given the sorts of photographs Abby had in her lab, he supposed that was pretty tame. Not that he really thought that he would expose her children to the more gruesome aspects of her job, it's just that Abby's idea of educational was a little bit different than most people's." - AW! Though the idea of playing snap with tire tread pics made me laugh a bit there, too.

"She was wearing a garish orange T-shirt and denim short overalls, paired with sparkly sneakers the color of a grape. He raised an eyebrow at Abby in question, but she simply shrugged, mouthing, 'she likes it.' " - I like the outfit too. After all, when else but if you are a toddler will anybody get away with that combination of colours?

When he looked back at her, she drew herself up to attention - or as close to attention as a three-year-old could manage in any case - and saluted him. Beside her, Katie did the same. It was sloppy, and they both used the wrong hand, but he grinned nonetheless. "Good job!" he said, beaming at them, but then he dropped down to their level and leaned in close. "Can I tell you a secret?" he asked conspiratorially. Both girls nodded vigorously, eager to be in on the secret. "Marines salute with the other hand," he said soto voce. "But Mama said..." Katie protested. "I know, I know," Gibbs said quickly, shushing her dramatically. "I told you; it's a secret." Katie's eyes went wide as understanding slowly dawned. "Come on," he told them, leading them by the hand into an abandoned section of the hallway, "I'll show you." He'd then spent a very enjoyable half-hour or so teaching them how to salute correctly, and he'd enjoyed the fruit of his labor a few months later when Secnav had come into the office for a meeting one afternoon just as Abby brought the girls in from preschool to let them say hello to Tim before she took them down to the NCIS daycare for the afternoon. Seeing the little girls, Secnav had stopped and said hello. Tim had introduced them, and Leigh, who had apparently sensed the man's importance, had shocked them all by drawing herself up and giving him a nearly flawless salute. The man's slack-jawed look was priceless." - Yay for Leigh! Is it still that uber-creepy SecNav from season 6's "Cloak", though? I hope for Leigh's sake not! And what did Tim think? I wonder.

"Even if he was want to talk about his feelings," - "he was wont to talk"?

"he doubted he could have ever expressed to her how much this meant to him, or how proud he was of her and the career she'd chosen. He worried for her too, deep in a small corner of his heart. Military life wasn't easy. He knew better than most the hardships and horrors she'd face, and he'd be lying if he didn't admit there was a part of him that would've like to spare her that." - AW!

"Plenty of people went their entire careers without the darkness touching them, but somehow he knew Leigh wouldn't be one of them. She was too much like him - and her parents for that matter - to take the easy road." - Kudos on still having those good instincts about people, Gibbs!

"He stepped forward, drawing a more formal military bearing around him as easily as he had stepped into his uniform that morning. He caused quite a stir when he'd shown up in his uniform, but now he was simply one of dozens of Marines on the field, indistinguishable from the rest. Or so he thought. The effect of his movement was electric. The family parted before him like the Red Sea, and the very air around them seemed to crackle with anticipation. He strode purposefully over to Leigh, stopping just short of where she stood. Their eyes met and held. He fought down a wave of emotion that bubbled forth, but he knew his eyes were shining, despite his best efforts. Standing ramrod straight, he saluted her. "Congratulations, Ma'am," he said quietly. Leigh's own eyes filled with tears as she returned the salute and pressed her ceremonial silver dollar into his palm with her other hand. "Thank you, Gunny," she replied, her voice strong, but thick with emotion. Gibbs turned on his heel and stepped away, completing the formal ceremony. As soon as he had, Leigh reached out and stopped him with a hand on his arm. He turned back to her, and a moment later she was in his arms, the tears she had been fighting back spilling down cheeks. "I'm so proud of you, Leigh," he said into her ear. Tomorrow, she would begin life as Ensign McGee, and more likely than not, look the darkness in the face, but at this moment, none of that mattered. At this moment, all was right with the world." - AW! (And I have to tell you, I got tears in my eys reading those paragraphs).
sasha1600 chapter 4 . 4/15/2010
Aw! I'd say more, but I've got... uh... an eyelash... in my eye... yeah... I'll just go with that.
Ravenswing chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
I am so glad that you are updating. This story is special and I look forward to the meeting between officer and NCO!
wandamarie chapter 3 . 3/29/2010
IT WAS A GOOD ONE THANKS
scottiedog chapter 3 . 3/29/2010
Please continue! :)
dakota.doc chapter 3 . 3/29/2010
I am thrilled you are continuning this series, love what's coming. I am already feeling my eyes watering up. Please hurry with the next chapter.
alix33 chapter 3 . 3/29/2010
"and Daddy was sending her death glares," - The mental pic of Tim McGee giving ANYBODY a death glare just would not form, sorry, hehehe.