Reviews for Tea for Two
Guest chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
lol good story,
Penghost chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
He Kelly that was Gorgeous.

Just like Luna.

Is there more from Luna coming sometime?

Greetings from Switzerland
Windspiel chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
That was cute... I like this pairing. Luna is...well, she's Luna - but Ginny is so open-minded that she'd be the one who could handle this Luna-ness (like that word) best.

I liked the story a lot. Thanks :)
Chemistress chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
/Huh? I didn't think there was anyone McGonagall couldn’t say "no" to. I expect she could say "no" to You-Know-Who himself. And take ten points from Slytherin while she was at it./ Thank you for not being able NOT to work in a bit of Minerva - I laughed out loud...

The girls are fantastic i.c., Bravo!
kerplank chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
Another great story. I love Ginny/Luna.
magicmumu chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
This story deserves so much praise. I can't believe how funny this story was. I was laughing my butt off with every few sentances and that is pretty hard to do sometimes in a story wihtout it going weird. I liked the fact that Luna was serious as well as funny in this story, that Ginny's voice was that of an honest to God teenager despite what she had been through, and I like that even though you don't do fluff or anythign with this pairing, you were still willing to try something knew in fanfic writing. The only thing I would have complained about was the fact that Ginny went so quickly from Harry to Luna, but I don't know. She is a teenager, maybe she could do that, lol. Wonderfiul story, and I hope to read so much more from you because you are one funny as hell writer.

Erin
Cranky Crocus chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
That was adorable. I admire when people can get Luna's character right. It's very tricky. I love that you've managed to do it so well! Ginny too!

Loved the story. Incidentally, I'm also going to steal Luna's shoes. No, that's mean. I'm going to steal Luna, have her bring me to the shops, and I'm going to buy those shoes. I am definitely one of the oddly-dressed teenager sorts.

So wonderful! :D Thank you for sharing it!
aptasi chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
"Huh? I didn't think there was anyone McGonagall couldn’t say "no" to. I expect she could say "no" to You-Know-Who himself. And take ten points from Slytherin while she was at it."

love this line
samaramorgane chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
It's really nice!
the real snape chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
What a lovely Monday morning treat. The withdrawal symptoms *were* getting rather unpleasant.

I love the way you worked on the contrast between Ginny and Luna.

Ginny, the Golden Gryffindor girl. Who learnt every Hogwart do and don’t from her brothers, as well as the popular sport, feeling comfy around boys, and how to make friends with other children. And has parents who are universally liked.

Luna, the complete opposite. Appallingly and bravely alone. Completely devoid of self-pity, she demands a characterization that is completely devoid of pathos. By using Ginny’s POV, you managed that beautifully. G. notices what happens, in a ‘Luna is a scream’ way, but her lack of real understanding keeps the description light and funny. The poignancy kicks in as an aftertaste. And brings tears to your eyes. You’ve lifted this way beyond the usual GW/LL fluff.

/"Stop it, you prat," I said/ Comfy around boys.

/Seriously, that's what it said: "girl talk." Poor Luna had probably been reading the agony-aunt columns in The Quibbler again […]/ How to make friends. Luna *really* has no idea how this peer-group thing works.

/dozens of bird paintings that sang - not bird songs, but the Hogwarts school song./ She so wants to belong. Ginny, who takes ‘belonging’ for granted, laughs. Is it middle-age weakness, a touch of the swine flu, or your powerful writing that makes me all sniffy at that incredible loyalty that expects nothing in return?

/Luna was someone who paid attention to things. […] But she was sharp, that girl./ Being a popular girl is a full-time job, no time to just observe during meals! It takes sharpness, yes, but loneliness too. Lots of it.

I also loved the pace. Every section ends just so. The not bad surprise. The old-timers sticking together, utterly believable denial. And /Something was making me angry, anyway/

And the skillful handling of G.’s coming out. /A little nervous. Confused. Curious, maybe. Or something./ Something, indeed.

And:

/"I ** well hope so!" said Ron[..]. "We're flat out of Muggles around here; it's about time someone bought us a new supply." "Now you’re making fun," said Luna. She seemed pleased./ Great one, Ron! Pleased because she understood a joke, as G. seems to think? Or pleased that Ron doesn't *really* mean this? L. is the only one to notice the cruelty of his humor.

Also loved being irritated as usual by Molly. /Merlin knows Luna could use a friend, poor motherless thing./ Then how come L. never sampled her cooking before? M. is so family-centered, only now that L. is G.’s friend does she invite her. Should have done that years ago, then L. wouldn’t have to read the agony-column on making friends.

And the whole, lovely Kittyhawk part! Absolute favorites: /I expect she could say "no" to You-Know-Who himself. And take ten points from Slytherin while she was at it./ and /"Because Madam Hooch wanted me, and Professor McGonagall can't say 'no' to Madam Hooch."/
lewarus chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
I absolutely love this. :)