Reviews for Makai no Yajuu
Was getting good
Chibi Vongola chapter 5 . 10/23/2013
poor Naruto
Darkus Cyril chapter 10 . 10/22/2013
I hope this story is continued, I really want to see what happens next
TsukymiCodaKlein chapter 7 . 10/17/2013
I am meant to be alone :(

I love Hurt genre!
maggie201 chapter 9 . 4/7/2013
little friends? SHINO!
LQ360MWJ chapter 5 . 10/19/2012
err... how is he still walking with shards stuck in his skin?
Aosora 'Aoi-chan' Yuzuki chapter 10 . 8/13/2012
I hope you will fond inspiration to continue this story, I really liked it
breakingheart93 chapter 10 . 7/18/2012
wow this is just heartbreaking. you're not continuing? i think im gonna cry :'( -bigtime-
i can only hope your muse kickstarts you for this story
Kit XIII chapter 9 . 6/8/2012
pease plezzzzz you have to finish the fanfition im dieing to know what Kiba's reaction to seeing Naruto and his sister again will be and the complet destruction of that stupid tower or all the trouble they will get into and out of so plezzz finish it I'm sick with a heart condition along with high blood presser and my only form of escape from the real world is though fanfition and its so had to find new ones that are good along with a nice story line but if you dont want to finish it i understand i just want you to know that you are ONE HELL OF A WRITER I absolutely LOVE your story

anime & yaoi fan forever

kingrobert84 chapter 10 . 4/21/2012
this is a great story i hope you are able to finish it
Toby860 chapter 10 . 3/31/2012
well i hope you eventually return to his story as it is well built and has an amazing plot line.
yukinari chapter 10 . 3/24/2012
interesting please update soon.
Crystal M. Key chapter 10 . 3/7/2012
I've gotta admit, when I read your note of discontinuation, I screeched in outrage, nevermind the fact that I factually knew that this story had not been updated in years. It was the cliff-hanger-ness that got to me. But I really, really like this fic! *breathes* Oh well. I will go check out the Addams HP cross you mentioned, I lurve them. I'm pretty sure Zabuza was my favorite character, you developed him nicely. Thanks! Favorite quotes:

"Kid, why are you helping me? I tried to kill you remember?"

Naruto looked at him and answered him straight.

"I want you to owe me so that you'll take me as your student."

The nukenin stared.

Then he grinned.

Then he chuckled.

Then he laughed.

This kid had balls! He was a straight shooter and he told a formidably nukenin that he was intending to blackmail him.

So Naruto told his new sensei his story. Zabuza didn't react. He didn't ask any questions. He just listened quietly to his student as he recounted his story. He wouldn't admit it for quite a while, but his respect for the boy increased. He'd had to deal with more crap than the Demon of the Bloody Mist.

The "Demon" smirked. He'd have a real demon with him. This could be interested.

Naruto groaned. A year ago he would have been yelling and screaming about how cool he now was, but he knew what this meant. He looked over at Zabuza.

"I'm going to have to relearn charka control, aren't I?"

A nod

"And it's going to be a lot harder this time, right?"

A nod

"Shikon, what else happened to the kid?" asked Zabuza.

Probably increased speed, reflexe-

Zabuza had whipped out a kunai and launched it at an incredible speed towards the back of Naruto's head. Before Shikon could warn his partner, the former jinchuuriki had turned around, jabbed his finger through the hole at the back of the kunai and launched it back at his sensei even faster than it had gone at first.

Zabuza only escaped because he pulled up Kubibkir Houcho.

Naruto seemed surprised by what he had just done.

A triumphant gleam appeared in the blonde's eye. Zabuza cringed when he saw it. Normally, that look meant a lot of mischief or brilliance. Sometimes both. Just to be safe, the "Demon" sent off a quick prayer to kami. Couldn't hurt.

The most powerful man in the village of Sunagakure slumped into his chair. He absolutely despised his job, but when that lying snake, Orochimaru, had murdered the previous kazekage, Baki was left with no choice but to take over.

After the failed invasion of Konoha, the sand shinobi had all returned home to lick their wounds, but then it started.

When it became clear that there was no successor for the kazekage, civil war broke out in the village hidden in the sand. Dozens of factions fought over the right to rule the shinobi village in a bloody conflict that resembled gang violence more than war.

Seeing that order was needed, Baki, an old veteran who had the respect of most of the populace reluctantly decided that he needed to step in.

The man had two main advantages.

One, he was very powerful and experienced with a ruthlessness that would serve him well in the harsh village.

Two, and perhaps more importantly, Sabaku no Gaara would only take orders from him.

Shikon looked at the man in front of him and gave him a haughty snort.

'That thing' is named Shikon and I am the son of the Kyuubi no Yoko, king of Makai.

"And the next time we are in Makai that might gain you something, but we are in Sunagakure and you just insulted the kazekage."

The big fox was instantly contrite.

My apologies. I did not mean to embarrass you, Naruto-taichou. Kazekage…sama, I ask your forgiveness.

Baki didn't know whether to smirk at the difficulty the beast had sating sama, or to question the whole crazy thing.

"Apology accepted, Shikon, and I'm not even gonna ask about the Kyuubi. It has nothing to do with Suna, right?"

"Then I don't wanna know."

Baki watched as the pair walked out of his office and waited a few moments before tentatively reaching into a drawer of his desk and extracting that universal kage vice.

ICHA ICHA PARADISE: You've Never Seen Sand in These Places Before!

"Y-your kind? What do you mean?"

"Because," he began with a grim smile, "You're looking at the former jinchuuriki of the Kyuubi no Yoko."

Then he received the universally understand "explain what the hell you just said" look.

"Why would you risk your life for a person? Why not stay safe at home or alone so you don't get hurt?"

The answer was almost a shout and it was angry.

"Cause I don't got a real family and my friends are all I have! Without them, there's no reason to be here. Life wouldn't be worth and I'll do whatever it takes to keep them alive!"

Now Naruto was grinning in approval, but he wasn't done.

"Ok, how are you gonna stop 'em? Knock em out so you don't have to kill?"

There was a pause as the kid thought about it. His answer wouldn't be popular and he didn't have to confidence to shout it out. The voice low but definitely audible.

"I'd kill them so they can't try again."

"YES!" Naruto shouted with a full blown smile.

"As long as your opponent is breathing, the fight is still on. They can pretend to be unconscious and get you with your back turned. They can try again later for revenge. As a shinobi, this is crucial. You have to be willing to kill anyone that's a threat to what you value. If you can't do it, go home now. We fight, we kill, we die. The only choice a shinobi has is why. There's no two ways about it. You, kid, are going to be one Hell of a shinobi. You know what you're doing and why. When you graduate, look me up. I'll happily work with you."

Then there was a pounding at the door.

"Looks like my time is up, remember what I said."

Then he left through the window.

That incident hadn't helped his position with the civilians. He had basically told them that they didn't have to be loyal to them. They tried to run damage control, but it was too late. Several kids dropped out and the rest quoted that lesson like scripture and trained, waiting for the day to prove themselves.

Naruto snorted. "Typical Hyuuga. They think that their eyes make them gods."

Baki's eyebrows raised a little.

"That's dead on. How do you know?'

Naruto looked around and then walked over and closed the door to the office.

"This doesn't leave the room. Are we clear?"

Baki nodded.

"I'm from Konoha originally. I was left for dead on a mission before I joined up with Zabuza…"

Baki's face was blank, calm and composed.

Then he started laughing hysterically.

Kakuzu looked up to see the blonde and the huge fox charging towards him. Judging by the number of scars on his body, the way he held himself and the fluidity of movements, the boy was a close range fighter of considerable skill.

Analysis: Short fight. Confident in own abilities.

Then he saw the necklace around the boys neck.

The two Akatsuki rings.

Secondary Analysis: Powerful opponent. Defeated At least one Akatsuki member, possibly two. Do not hold back.

"Hai. I hope Gaara's doing ok with the scythe guy."

—With Gaara—

"But they'll catch you! You can't do it."

He didn't know why she was so worried he'd be caught or why she was blushing when she said it, but he smiled and patted her shoulder.

"Are you forgetting who I am? I painted the Hokage monument in broad daylight while wearing a bright orange jumpsuit. I've gotten better. We can do it."

He quickly entered the small town and made his way for a seedy looking bar on the west side. He got in unmolested and made his way to the bar and sat down.

"Barkeep, something to drink!"

A big man with a scar across his scowling face, broke off from a conversation he was having with another patron and walked over to the blonde.

Well, he was scowling until he saw who was calling him.

"Naruto! You son of a bitch, how have you been? Decided to finally ditch that prissy job in Suna and join the real men again?"

Naruto grinned at him and clasped the outstretched hand in front of him.

"I wouldn't call being a hunter-nin prissy. Well, I shouldn't be surprised that you know about it. Sorry, but I got another year in my contract. Nice place you got here, Sora. You've improved on your staff since I saw you last."

Sora threw his hands up, feigning innocence.

"I don't know what you mean, pal. I'm just the barkeep. What employees would I have?"

Naruto snorted and replied without looking up,

"Young guy, two seats to my right, drinking a scotch; Black jacket, two tables right and one to the left; the guy "passed out" on the floor by the door. You should give him a raise by the way. I almost didn't feel him frisk me. I'm impressed, you've got a decent amount of muscle in here, Sora. Now give me that drink."

Sora laughed and poured Naruto a beer.

"I should have known I couldn't fool you. You sure you want the beer? Mr. "my only drink is the blood of my enemies."

Naruto had gotten back to Sora's bar and sat down to listen to the ensuing tirade on his apparent foolishness.

"You can't just go traipsing around a police state and giving everyone your name before a heist!"

"I mean, you're either raving mad or have the balls the size of boulders!"

"Now they'll pin it all on you when the crap hits the fan; which it will. Sun won't…be able…to protect…"

Naruto patted the big man on the back and leaned against the bar.

"Now you're getting it. I can't take much more city life. I need to get outta there. Technically, my contract is done because I fought those Akatsuki clowns on a mission, but I doubt they'll let me go that easy. Unless…"

Full understanding showed on the information broker's face with just a hint of admiration.
SG-Cynder chapter 9 . 11/28/2011
The ending sounds like either Itachi going blind or Sasuke getting to that point.