Reviews for Queen of the Valkyrie
LilyGold23 chapter 1 . 3/11/2014
Thank you so much, I always hated the end too. Can you please continue this please and make it a real story instead of just a one-shot.
Lord of the Buizels chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Hello again. This time I'm here to Review your Superior Ending for Gladius. Personally, yes, I believe the Game's Ending was less than stellar for Valens and Ursula and should have had a happy ending. I think they Earned Their Happy Ending (Or at least a Sequel together.)Anyways, Review Time. It was a good and quick read, a bit simply written, but physical details where not important for this scenario. I think the Beginning and Middle parts where fine, it is the Ending that dropped down into the Okay-Mediocre Range. Nothing wrong with that, I think all my writing falls into that category (Or worse, but I'm an Optimistically Pessimistic Defeatist, so, Your Mileage May Vary.) What went wrong? Characterization. Valens was Fine. Ursula seemed a bit off, but not too far off. Urlan and Eiji are the ones who were off. I know, they did not have a lot of Scene Time, but I still felt they were different than their in-game Incarnations. Urlan seems rather normal and not as Jerk-like and Stubborn and Angry as I remember him from the Game (It's been a while since I beat the game, so he may be a few less of those, but I still feel he is off a bit.) He just seems like an entirely different character. Same with Eiji. They both seem so much more mature, and kind of plain. Eiji was a witty archer who enjoyed taking stabs at Urlan at every opportunity. She was cocky and arrogant to the finish, but with the hidden, softer side. I don't see either side represented here. I feel that, even if they did marry and had been together for months or years instead of the short amount of time they have been marry in this story, Eiji would still mock Urlan and he would be helpless against her in a Battle of the Wits (Read: Normal Conversation.)

In Short, Decent Story but I felt Eiji and Urlan were not represented as they are in the game. Possibly, that is what you were aiming for, if not, I hope this was a little helpful. I'm sorry if this was not helpful, or if I came off as a Jerk or Mean or really picky (Kind of like an English Teacher, eh?) Overall, Good Story with one issue (in my opinion,) and definitely a much happier/better ending for these guys than the actual ending. But what about the rest of the Ending? Do you find it was lacklustre or was it fine? And why was it not mentioned in this Story? (Not a problem, just a curiousity.)
Animelover1996 chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
I'm in the process of completing the game and I personally find it very entertaining. I am curious, is the ending of the game really so terrible? I hear there are alternate endings...
Nightshroud chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
A fellow Gladius fan! Yeah, I too was unsatisfied with Ursula and Valens being separated at the end. So sad. But anyway, good job with the fic. Hopefully you'll continue writing more fics in the future. Maybe ones from other recruitable gladiator's points of view (like if you had any favorites in the game). Well, good luck. And again, good job!
AprilRyanMyFriend chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
I remember when I beat the game for the first time... It really was depressing for me that Ursula had to die no matter who you played as.

I just wish they would make another to show what happened to the characters like Valens, Urlan, and Eijii.

Great story by the way!
HUNG DEAD SCREAMING chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
a better enfing the actual onw thats for sure

fellow gladius gamer,