Reviews for An Inconvenient Truth
mumphie chapter 26 . 10/12
A wonderful romp! And, even though I disagree with you about Ron (the sometimes irritating Git) I thoroughly enjoy your stories and your humor! ;)
mumphie chapter 13 . 10/11
Hmmm, I thought that Harry was going to have a healer appointment Tues at eight. What happened?
Nobody special chapter 6 . 9/30
I have to point one mistake. Last scene was at Wednesday 25 August it should be 24 August
Revliledpembroke chapter 1 . 9/29
"Ron abandons Harry in fourth year."

That's more than a little harsh. Saying they feuded or had a little breakup is more accurate. They didn't talk to each other for 1 month. That's hardly abandonment.

Also remember that it wasn't all on Ron. If Harry had said "Ron, you know I hate my fame. I'm famous because an insane murdering bastard killed my parents and I didn't die. I'd much rather not be famous and still have my parents. I didn't put my name in the Goblet, and whoever did is probably trying to get me killed, again, just like our last three years here," I imagine the breakup never would have happened.

Instead, we got Harry saying that he didn't know who put his name in the Gauntlet, that he wouldn't tell Ron how he did it because he didn't, and he doesn't know who did. That's not the best argument ever made.

Also, all Ron had to do was apologize and they were almost immediately friends again. Harry didn't seem to be anxious to, uh, "take him back" either. He would welcome Ron back into the fold though, because, you know, he doesn't have that many friends.
justin.jossart chapter 1 . 9/25
Too much telling, not enough showing.

"Then THIS happened. Then THIS happened. Then THIS happened."

Paragraph after paragraph of narration instead of storytelling.
cmfisher chapter 5 . 9/23
A wonderful story. One I reread quite frequently. One thing I always wondered, wouldn't the prophesy show that Snape was also told the story. He was there also.
ilya39 chapter 26 . 8/27
Great story, overall. Loved the first 2/3 of it wholeheartedly, and most of the rest of it, too. But IMO both epilogues were kinda sloppy and/or somewhat rushed. The main question is, of course, the identity of the silent benefactor or Assassin or whatever. Also the Harry/Susan part practically became nonexistent by the last 2-3-4 chapters, that was kinda abrupt, too. Other than some more little things and inconveniences here and there i really liked it, and your style is quite good, too. Thanks for the story.
Bad Wolf chapter 4 . 8/11
With regards to the questions about Nagini at the end... what about the semi-popular theory that she is the snake Harry accidentally let out of the zoo at the start of the first book? I honestly can't remember for sure, but I think I remember something about J.K. confirming that theory. The snake he let out was obviously rather intelligent to begin with. It could have snuck onto a ferry or thru the chunnel or something to Albania over the course of a few years. That would also account for her size. But that may have just been a movie thing rather than a book thing.
joemjackson chapter 26 . 8/10
Reread it when I found the doc in my library. It's great. One question, who's the Former friend in the last paragraph? My only thought was Ron.
Katzenpfote chapter 2 . 8/8
I like your writing stile very much and this story sounds interesting so far. There is just one of my pet peeves included: a mobile phone. really? in 1994? In 2000 I got to use an "old" one from my father that was from 1998. It had battery time of about 6 hours if you left it alone. If you wanted to call someone the battery lasted for about 20 minutes. The quality was really bad. You nearly had to yell and the connection always wavered... The thing was heavy, too, and big... I guess 4 years earlier the quality was even worse... why would anyone want such a uesless thing? I can understand that Harry would not want to use his relatives phone but that is what phone booth were for...
PurtonPoster chapter 20 . 8/4
I grew up in Minehead. PS I am loving the story.
Clavyus chapter 26 . 7/31
Wonderfully written. One of the best fics in the HP continent.
Latarra chapter 26 . 7/19
Absolutely fantastic story. Loved it.
gginsc chapter 25 . 7/17
You killed the Grangers! How could you?
Redhood11686 chapter 14 . 7/2
When Amelia finally gets someone to ask Harry for the money I imagine he'll be a bit upset
2,348 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »