Reviews for What Began With Such a Promise
JeniLyn2000 chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
"It was nothing new, really. It was just something he had to live with. Like people who lived with illness or pain or hurt on a day-to-day basis. He was now one of them. The heartache wouldn't go away, and if he was being honest, he wasn't sure he wanted it to.

It just reminded him of the time when he had her, and maybe it was torture to relive it all, but he'd never been happier than he'd been with her, and if even if it meant that he never slept another wink, he'd still relive all those times with her.

He was staring at the ceiling, one hand behind his head and one resting on his chest, when he heard someone turn the doorknob and step into the room.

She didn't say a word. She just crossed the room, kicked off her shoes, and sat on his bed with one leg tucked beneath her.

This time, she was wearing his sweater.

He thought that had to stand for something.

"I can't sleep," she said, and he reached out for her hand.

He opened his arm to her, and she lay down next to him, and he didn't care that his mother would kill him if she knew there was a girl in his bed. He didn't care that Brooke and Peyton's friendship was already fragile, at best. He didn't care that he had no idea how she'd gotten to his house in the middle of the night. He didn't care that they had to talk about a lot, and that one night didn't really mean much of anything.

She couldn't sleep, and he couldn't sleep, and he knew somehow that it was all for the same reasons."

I cried through all of the part above and can't believe I missed this the first time around. Love it.
bendecida82 chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
The most perfect line EVER!

"A boy, his girlfriend, and his girlfriend's best friend.

But somewhere along the way, he forgot who was who"

Can it be summed up any better than that?

I cant believe I missed this one-shot. It was golden. Anywho, Im off to read the sequel.
Lexie-Rae chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Hey, I just saw your post for 'Tired Talk, Better Days' and thought I'd better read this one first, and I'm glad I did.

I love all of the twisted complexities of a relationship that's makes such simple sense!

Lucas' pov was perfect, it shows that all along he knew he'd made a mistake, ever though his actions don't always prove this. All of the pent up loss and longing was captured perfectly.

Seeing Peyton so broken was heartbreaking, but also needed so that Lucas knew exactly what his actions had done to the poor girl.

There's probably more I was going to say, but I really want to read the next part to make sure they sort it out!

Alex :)
chocolatemud14 chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
love. it.
leyton-is-lovee chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
Okay so I've been living in a cave for the last few weeks simply because work has consumed my time, but I'm back for a bit. This was great. It was really refreshing to see Lucas' point of view because that's so rarely done. All of his emotions were spot on and I just loved it all. I'm late, but congrats on the 50th story.

Can't wait to see more from you!
inevitablevauseman chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
That was fantastic.

]

Congrads on the 50! :D I don't think it's too much. Not at all. I think it's amazing.
no account anymore chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
That was simply amazing. It was nice to read something in LPOV. Kudos on reaching 50 stories. That much be so exciting. Oh, I'm so with you on the Nikki thing. Cant wait to read more from you.
xoMelanie chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Amazing!
iNsPired 61 chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
i love your writing, thnx so much. looking forward to the next 50!
lovely35 chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
congrats on your 50th story. This was a very heartbreaking one but I love how you wrote it.
ficwriter4 chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
yay! 50! congrats! and its not because you write too much.. its because you are such a great writer! and this story just solidifies that... great job!
lukenpeyton-puckleberry-4ever chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
omg, i loved it. i hope you continue with this, i would love to see it go back and forth where she would go to him and be gone before he woke up and he would go to her and be gone before she woke up.
RJMoonspell4 chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
Good post.

Nicely written, but i ge the fllings its not totally done. Pne question though, how long (in time) is this,one month, two, ten...
Kaily119 chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
First, congrats on your 50th story! That was great, some old school leyton love. great job!
gosal11444 chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
aw i loved it!

it was a really good one shot for your 50th story! congrates!

i loved how you did it based on the older seasons!

cant wait to read more things by you:D