Reviews for Desperation
Nekojiro chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
nice one on this intriguing couple! you could've made this into "Case of Cid" story! :P
i like how the plot was written where you were able to maintain the personalities of each characters whilst keeping in touch w/ the flow of the timeline. great one shot!

keep at it kupo!
Logan chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
Well I gotta say that the CID described in this story is just like the one in FF7. Now as for Shera her appearance here seemed very similar to that of Aerith but it is still good. Every other character, the narration, and the stirrings were excellent.
im-a-tumor chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
so beautiful, i loved this so much.

not a lot of ppl have read the cases of on the way to a smile so im glad that this was very accurate. and the characters matched really, a job well done
SHA260 chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
I've only recently begun considering Shera as a character, and I find her to be someone who is under-used and has great potential for development, also someone I feel I can relate to.

I found this fic to be very well written, particularly Cid - the swearing wasn't overused, which is a good point - and I feel you interpreted Shera's character very well, and expressed everyone's emotions with tact and subtlety.

I was just looking for fics with Shera in, and stumbled across this one. You are right, there aren't many CidShera fics, but those are the only fics around with her in! Anyway, congratulations on a very valuable contribution to the pairing.

~*Angel*~
xandria chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Loved this story! I like reading Cid/Shera fanfics and as you said, there aren't many out there, so thanks a lot for this. I like how you tied it up with "Case of Barrett" and AC. This was a well-written oneshot. I've been enjoying reading your work and I'm looking forward to reading more in the future.
mom calling chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
This story was just fine. Ya done well. In fact, it's pretty much what I hoped would have happened-in my mind, Shera was there during the Bahamut thing, and they got her to the healing waters when they all got back to 7th Heaven, and she got cured. You read my mind! Thx mc
JingYee chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
I love it so far! I haven't read many CidxShera centered fics (actually I don't know if I've read any serious ones before).

I think you did a great job keeping Cid in character; he shows the other side of himself without losing any of his rough grouchiness. :) I felt like Cid seemed more human, not just a machine that smokes and cusses a lot.

I also liked how I could actually understand what Cid was saying! He still swore quite a bit, but it wasn't so much that what he was trying to say was drowned out.

Lastly, I enjoyed how you wrote Shera. Her character often feels pretty flat, but I thought it wasn't too bad in this chapter (maybe it's because this fic is about her and Cid, haha). Overall, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Update again soon!
Katreda chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
Y'know... it was good! And no, Cid wasn't too OOC, although I never really imagined him to be that much of a bully with Shera. It's been a while since I've played FFVII, after all. I also felt like Cid was going too fast with Shera, but as you reminded us, the characters don't know how much time she has left, so I guess that's why he proposed right away.

If ya feel like doing a sequel, go ahead!
scienceguy chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
Excellent piece. Everyone felt in character, and I liked how you explained the couple's developing feelings. Nice work.
Stella chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
This is one of the best Cid/Shera fics Ive ever read. Im a fan of the pairing and this story was so sweet and full of emotion!

p.s. Your fics are getting better and better!3
Aurenare chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Wow, that was awesome. There are only a few Cid/Shera fics out there, and fewer about her Geostigma. It's a wonderful thing that somebody has remembered about them and that very sad period of their lives. Thanks for writing this amazing fic, you really captured the desperation in both of them without going OoC.
S.Zix chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
So tragically sweet. I think your Cid was fantastic really. Better even than what you can do with Yuffie. Rough around the edges and squishy underneath. Also, there's not a lot exploring Cid and Shera's relationship. It's just sort of "they're together; okay," which doesn't work for me considering their relationship in VII, so it's good to see the gap between VII and DoC explored. AND you developed it well, even in this short space.

I really liked how you described the stigma (words like leak, etc., really stuck out here, and were just so wrenching).

I would suggest going through again and looking for sentences where you use the same word more than once. I saw a couple, but I lost them because I got so distracted by how good this is. Really. I was squeeing at the end, and I. Do. Not. Squee. Just for clarification.

My other complaint would be how often Cid says "Fuck." I realize he swears a lot, but there are other swear words, so varying it a bit would be nice and cause less eye-glazing.

Thanks for this great peace as always. Keep up the good work.
MsRainey chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
OMG! I am soo in love with this couple now! You have to make this a two shot because you honestly cannot leave us hangin' like that. You always amaze me at how great a writer you are, I mean I'm in a friggin theater right now watching 'Obsessed' but my ipod made that 'you have mail' sound so I was curious... then to my delightful surprise you created another masterpiece! Awesome job! Oh shit the people behind me are getting annoyed... fukers... :D Write more soon! Bye XD

Tori
MysticSpiritus chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
I really enjoyed this, Val. Considering the situation, I don't think Cid was too OOC.

A sequel (or even a part two) would be nice, I think. Be a sweet way to tie things together. :)

Mystic